Confused For Buying a New Petrol Sedan (Rs.6 - 7 Lakh)

Thread Starter #1
I want to buy a sedan. My budget is around 6-7 Lakhs.
I am confused witch one to buy. As not a single model fits my requirement
My requirements are
1. Sedan
2. Petrol. due to very low running (my current indica ran 18000 KMS in around 6 and half year)
3. Cheap maintenance cost.
4. Mileage doesn’t matters much.
5. A better ground clearance, as roads in my city has lots of potholes.
6. 5 adult seating capacity

I found these cars suitable.
1. Swift desire
2. Chevrolet sail
3. Tata indigo manza
4. Nissan sunny
5. Ford ecosport
6. Honda amaze
7. Ford classic
But every car has some problem.
I start with
swift desire : My bro. has same car. So no one in my family wants the same one again.
Sail : not so good review I get about the car.
Manza : nothing specific, but I don’t see the car in my city a lot. So it gives a feel of a flop car. Other than that looks are very simple.
Sunny : no Nissan dealership in my city. Have to go patna (200 KMS). Just for service and something like that.
Ecosport : no Ford dealership in my city. Have to go Patna (200 KMS). Just for service and something like that. Other than that I have heard high maintenance cost of ford cars. And 6 month waiting period is a big turn off too.
Amaza : no Honda dealership in my city. Have to go Patna (200 KMS). I don’t want to wait 6 month or so for a new car.
P.S. if I buy any car whose dealership in not in my city I have to spend around 3000 Rs, just in petrol for a regular service (extra).
is the amount justified to own HONDA or NISSAN car.
In my city there are very less number of HONDA or NISSAN cars. So these will add a spark too.
My narrowed down search end on
Tata manza, Honda amaze, Nissan Sunny, Maruti Dezire.
Please suggest me which one should I choose.
Thanks in Advance.

Re: confused for new car

Nothing but Tata Manza and Dezire fit your requirements. Since your family dont want to go for Dezire, you can go for manza without any doubt. Dont judge a car (Success or flop) by its presence in a small city like Bhagalpur. I am sure every other person would be having a maruti or a hyundai.

If petrol is your requirement TD Amaze from honda, its a superb car to drive and petrol.Else choose tried and tested Dzire from maruti.
Can you share which brands dealers are at your city available?

I believe his city has only Tata, Mahindra, Maruti and Hyundai dealership. For others he needs to go to Patna. He has clearly mentioned in opening post. That way, he can only go for Verito, Manza or Dezire, considering availability of service centre in city. No point buying any other car for which you need to go that far for servicing.
Verito: Good build quality. Interiors dull. Would be readily available (Not much waiting period). Largest boot out of three.
Manza: Very spacious. Not much of waiting period. Engine reported to be trouble free.
Dezire: Good engine. Good interior quality. Cramped boot. Waiting period might be more than other two.

I would suggest you to stay away from other brands. In case of any problem you wont like to run upto Patna. Even for silly things you'll have to plan beforehand. Buy something which can be taken care after in your own city.

Verito or Manza nothing better then their diesel variants petrol only i would suggest dzire from maruti and yes stick to the brands available in your city, you cannot plan a 200km trip for every small thing and would eventually delay things and ownership fun too.

Thread Starter #6
Petrol cars from TATA have no resale value. that's a big reason not to choose Manza. My perfectly fit Indica's petrol (18000 KM., mileage 13kmpl.) resale value is less than 50,000. I am loosing a huge amount in resale, so if I buy this brand again I will loose huge amount again at the time of resale. so I want a good resale value car.
reason I can choose buy from patna is
my car runs very less. maximum 20-30 km in a week. so I don't think I will need to go to Patna more than once in a year for service or so. until I crash my car.

Last edited:
In this segment the leader is swift dezire. Do TD and see if you like the car. Other option would be honda amaze.

It seems resale value is on priority for you. If you can provide your requirements as per priority, we will be able to help you.

Looking at your requirements it looks like Resale value is definitely a priority. So i wouldn't suggest you a TATA petrol.

Also looking at the list of dealers in your city i would say going with Maruti & Hyundai is the safest play for you. And they can fetch you a good resale as well. Also if in case you get any niggles or issue in your car you will have the dealer within your reach.

Besides these 2 options you have Amaze and Ecosport which you can look at but do take into consideration that even if a smallest niggle shows up (even though it is .1% chance) you will have to go all the way to Patna. If you are ready to do that then go ahead and book one.

Even though you have a Dezire in family but it would be still definitely safe and smart purchase. It really difficult to come to Patna for servicing. Every new car may develop some small small issue and you would like to get it corrected at earliest time even if it's a very small issue. Purchase a car which you can rely and have best support to keep her in 100% perfect state. Go for Dezire and you will never repent.

O.T : In my family we have two Hero Honda Karizma purchase within a span of 2 months. In fact 2nd Karizma I purchase after riding the first one and felt that it's a wise decision rather being fancy on keeping two different bikes and really we enjoy. Both are smiling in our parking.
Also we have two Activa in our home one for my wife and other for dad but in different cities.

There is no point in spending 3000 rs just to take the car to Patna for servicing even if it is once in a year .

If not the dezire can you extend the budget and go for the sx4 or ertiga ( you might get good discounts too ) ? If you can't I think safe , best option for you would be dezire here .

More point, my service center in Bangalore is just 6 km from home and infact there 5 Maruti service center in a radius of 7 km from home. For my car, I always use the service center for washing and do visit regularly whenever I find some smallest issue or doubt. This gives me peace of mind that I have someone to take care of my car's need.

I prefer MASS for all kind of service apart from regular one like wheel alignment, pressure wash. Buddy go with the car for which you get better service.

Thread Starter #15
I just talked to Nissan dealer in patna. They said they have just appointed a service franchisee in Bhagalpur. Not yet fully functional, but minor problem they can solve locally. I have to go to patna for any major break down only.
Does it matter?

Top Bottom