Honda Amaze VX i-VTEC or Honda City Corporate?

Thread Starter #1
Is it worth going for Amaze VX i-VTEC or Honda city corporate edition[confused]
Even though both are from different segments the price difference between these two cars is 68,000 rs only.I mean for this extra rupee you will get a proper sedan rather than a sub 4 meter car.

In my opinion Honda amaze is best value for money proportion if some one goes for base end (especially base end diesel[clap]). The only reason i am thinking of Vx i-VTEC trim is that it has those essential safety features and petrol is a must for me because i am a seafarer, so most of the time the car will be idle.

The only thing which is holding me away from city is that some news going around saying that honda is going to launch new version of the city in near future.If it is about diesel city, i have no problem with that.The main thing is i don't want to buy a car which is about to get discontinued i.e outdated.

New City is scheduled to arrive next year. Though nothing conclusive on that either, but surely it won't be coming anytime this year. Honda will be launching the diesel power terrain on the City around diwali time or maybe year end but there will be no aesthetic changes to the interiors or exteriors of the current car. So I think you should go in for the City Corporate Edition over the Amaze top end.

By the way, does the CE City comes with ABS and Airbags? If yes, then only go for the car. Please don't compromise on the safety front.

Thread Starter #3
New City is scheduled to arrive next year. Though nothing conclusive on that either, but surely it won't be coming anytime this year.
Yes lot of photos going around in internet.Even though all the photos looks really promising, it is still unclear when it will be launched [frustration].Given the fact that the new city is based upon jazz platform & honda's production capacity, i too think it will be launched only at the end of 2014.

By the way, does the CE City comes with ABS and Airbags? If yes, then only go for the car. Please don't compromise on the safety front.
Yes the corporate edition gets all the safety features available for the top end[clap]. That's the best thing about honda city.

Yes the corporate edition gets all the safety features available for the top end[clap]. That's the best thing about honda city.
That is good to know indeed. You should get the CE City instead of the top end Amaze in my view. The whole segment changes and surely looks more upmarket and you get a proper sedan and for that matter even today Honda City is one of the most desirable vehicles among the Indian upper middle/middle class and by paying 68,000 over the Amaze, IMO would be very well spent.

The only thing which is holding me away from city is that some news going around saying that honda is going to launch new version of the city in near future.If it is about diesel city, i have no problem with that.The main thing is i don't want to buy a car which is about to get discontinued i.e outdated.
City is "King of Sedan", no one can deny, but TD both the cars and then decide.

By the way I have planned for CITY and ended up with AMAZE. I had two reasons behind this decision.
1) CITY is due for an update.
2) AMAZE is 80% of CITY in-term of space, turning radius is 4.5m compared to 5.3m and sub-4m is a boon for city drive.

This is just my opinion. All the very best.

You should get the CE City instead of the top end Amaze in my view.I had gone through the same phase later made my mind,booked Honda City Corporate.Delivery date supposedly 1 october.

Thread Starter #8
Thank You every one for your kind suggestions.I just want to inform you that i already booked Honda Amaze Vx-ivtec at Capital Honda, Chennai.
Yes, as every one said City is a better car than Amaze on any given day especially if some one wants petrol sedan with good safety features.Even dealer offered Free insurance,freebies & discounts for city.I am buying this car for my dad & he somehow feels Amaze gives him better road visibility & being smaller in dimension than city he is more confident in driving the Amaze than city in heavy traffic conditions.So i don't want to push him for city.
This is what dealer quoted me for amaze:
Model:Vx-ivtec Urban titanium
Ex-Show. price: 679,440
Insurance: 21,025
Road tax:77,944
Extended warranty & RSA: 11,400
On Road: 789,809
I booked on 2nd september by paying 21,000.Tentative delivery date: 3 to 4 months[surprise]

I once again thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Thread Starter #9
Today when i enquired about my car dealer said it is going to leave the factory on 23rd of october & it will reach the dealer around 1st week of november.Then he told the bad news, Amaze prices have been increased again, Vx trim will cost 10000 more now onwards.It is the third time amaze price has been increased.When compared to the price during it's launch it is now costlier by 23000/- So now onroad price is 8 Lakhs.

I immediately checked Honda website.It says "Honda Amaze prices are being updated, sorry for the inconvenience"

I am a first time car buyer & need some help.The dealer said i have to pay within three days after the car dispatched from the factory.Is it the normal case during a car purchase?

He also said if i want bumper to bumper insurance i have to pay 5000 more.What is this bumper to bumper insurance?

Last edited:
Bumper to bumper insurance is 0% depreciation valued on the regular insurance which covers all parts including plastic, glass which effects depreciation while evaluating claim.
So this 0% or bumper to bumper insurance can avail full claim without effecting the depreciation.

Thread Starter #12
the final price that the dealer offered you for City CE edition?
Since i finalised amaze i didn't enquired much about City.He said free insurance & some freebies with this quote:
Ex showroom:741500
Tax:85150
Extended Warranty & Rsa:11750
This was during the month of August.You may get better deal now.

I enquired a week back and the SA said the CE edition is no longer there. If you visit the showroom again, please check with them. Btw, which showroom? I checked in Olympia Honda, Ambattur.

Thread Starter #14
Many dealers stopped selling city CE after the launch on Amaze even though so far no official announcement came from Honda.You can try Capital Honda, G.S.T road, Meenambakkam.When i asked them they said they can deliver city CE with 2 months waiting period.

Is it worth going for Amaze VX i-VTEC or Honda city corporate edition[confused]
Even though both are from different segments the price difference between these two cars is 68,000 rs only.I mean for this extra rupee you will get a proper sedan rather than a sub 4 meter car.

In my opinion Honda amaze is best value for money proportion if some one goes for base end (especially base end diesel[clap]). The only reason i am thinking of Vx i-VTEC trim is that it has those essential safety features and petrol is a must for me because i am a seafarer, so most of the time the car will be idle.

Go for amaze if you dont need that extra power. Its a lot more loaded and as spacious as city.

Top Bottom