Suggestions For a Well-Built Hatchback

Thread Starter #1
Hi All
I want to buy a new hatchback car.
Which are the best upcoming hatchback cars in very near future?
My monthly usage is around 400-500 km.
My budget is around 5 lac.
Which is the most solid body cars available in the cap below 6 lac?

350Z

Core Team
Which is the most solid body cars available in the cap below 6 lac?
Heartiest welcome to The Automotive India. Volkswagen Polo, Ford Figo, Fiat Grande Punto etc are among those well-built hatchbacks in India. However, I’m sure it alone would not be the only criteria for buying a new car. Please visit this link and answer the required questions so that we can recommend the most suitable car. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

you have these options

Petrol
Swift
Ritz
I10
I20
Brio
Micra
Figo
Indica Vista

out of these as per me you have to go for Swift or i20 or Ritz, these are solid buit & have less maintenance cost.

Look out for a combination of all, just tank like built doesn't make it a wonderful car, look for customer service, looks, mileage, resale value, practicality, easy access to garages in case you travel a lot it must check in almost most of the boxes mentioned

By the way if you want a tank like body go for these with built quality being in order:

Skoda Fabia
Fiat punto
VW Polo
Indica Vista
Ritz
Swift

Thread Starter #8
Look out for a combination of all, just tank like built doesn't make it a wonderful car, look for customer service, looks, mileage, resale value, practicality, easy access to garages in case you travel a lot it must check in almost most of the boxes mentioned

By the way if you want a tank like body go for these with built quality being in order:

Skoda Fabia
Fiat punto
VW Polo
Indica Vista
Ritz
Swift
Dear Swift and Furious,
I am first time buyer, so I am very much confused. Some people say always go for good second hand as costly cars has good depreciation. Some suggest for new ones (grand i 10 or coming A star in 2014). As you suggest one should look for many parameters what will be your final and only one verdict for me.

Dear Swift and Furious,
I am first time buyer, so I am very much confused. Some people say always go for good second hand as costly cars has good depreciation. Some suggest for new ones (grand i 10 or coming A star in 2014). As you suggest one should look for many parameters what will be your final and only one verdict for me.
What swift and furious suggested and explained is right .

You need to tell us what do you mean by solid built ? . A solid build car can be safe and solid too for example polo , punto .
A Toyota liva and Honda brio are lighter cars yet safe .

First see how much budget you can extend to max , then We will discuss which options you have in that range .
Then test drive them and see which appeals you the most . After that check the a.s.s of that brand in your city .
And then take a call .

Thread Starter #10
What swift and furious suggested and explained is right .

You need to tell us what do you mean by solid built ? . A solid build car can be safe and solid too for example polo , punto .
A Toyota liva and Honda brio are lighter cars yet safe .

First see how much budget you can extend to max , then We will discuss which options you have in that range .
Then test drive them and see which appeals you the most . After that check the a.s.s of that brand in your city .
And then take a call .

By solid I mean good strength in case of accident.
I can extend to maximum of 5 Lac.
Even if I take ride I think I wont be able to judge.
I too want good mileage, good looks, good resale value.
I live in a small city Mandi gobindgarh of Punjab, where only maruti and hyundai has their showrooms
Thx

Last edited:
By solid I mean good strength in case of accident.
I can extend to maximum of 5 Lac.
Even if I take ride I think I wont be able to judge.
I too want good mileage, good looks, good resale value.
I live in a small city Mandi gobindgarh of Punjab, where only maruti and hyundai has their showrooms
Thx
Small town of Punjab means super tasty small restaurants love them a lot [:)].

So is it that you want to select from maruti or Hyundai cars only ?

The i10 has good discounts going on it and can come in your budget . Do you like the looks of it ?

In maruti you may try for ritiz if you like the looks .

Any others car showrooms you know which are close to the town you live ?

Thread Starter #12
Small town of Punjab means super tasty small restaurants love them a lot [:)].

So is it that you want to select from maruti or Hyundai cars only ?

The i10 has good discounts going on it and can come in your budget . Do you like the looks of it ?

In maruti you may try for ritiz if you like the looks .

Any others car showrooms you know which are close to the town you live ?
Dear
What are your views about grand i 10?
When will it be available in the market?
Do one should go for the new one, means blindly without seeing the pro's and cons.

Dear
What are your views about grand i 10?
When will it be available in the market?
Do one should go for the new one, means blindly without seeing the pro's and cons.
The car will release next month so the reviews will be out too . Ofcourse you can go for it but you must for sure see the pros and cons of the car . Nothing in life must be decided blindly .

Hi 123Yummy,

solid body only referred to cars by VW hence my vote goes for POLO and wait till end of this month, the cross polo is on its way to launch pad. Don't go for MS cars[anger] their build quality is far from solid body. Recently, Alto K10 scored a zero in NCAP crash test.

Top Bottom