Buying a Used Mercedes Benz W123 For Rs.1 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guru's,
I recently sold my Ford Ikon for 1.4 Lac. While looking for a diesel car I came across an ad in which he's selling his Mercedes Benz W123 for 1 Lac only.
The year of manufacturing for this car is 1980. So just tell me is it feasible to buy this car in todays date by looking at spare parts availability and service?

Please suggest me on this. Awaiting for your replies.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar

Re: Mercedes Benz W123???

Spares will be very hard to find and very costly. The car is already in the collector's car league. You can buy/use it as leisure/weekend car, but not as daily drive.

Re: Mercedes Benz W123???

Spares will be very hard to find and very costly. The car is already in the collector's car league. You can buy/use it as leisure/weekend car, but not as daily drive.
That is not true. A w123 can still be used as a daily driver and I know few people still using their w123.

The spare is very cheap cheaper than that of a esteem if you know where to look and the engine is similar to Temp Trax so engine spare is no problem. If you know a good Mechanic and can also work around a little then go for it.

And no one is collecting a sedan W123 or a Estate but coupe are starting to get a little interest.

Last edited:
have seen W123 go for as low as 50k. all spares would be available but you do need to find a good mechanic which has experience in servicing these cars.

Please Help to find spares for Mercedes Benz 123 series

Anyone lover of Mercedes Benz 123 series.

Want to ask few questions?

detail about battery which i use for my car.

from where i ll get external spare parts

i also miss placed my documents any one will guide me who i clear from this confusion [confused][confused][confused]

Hi Guru's,
I recently sold my Ford Ikon for 1.4 Lac. While looking for a diesel car I came across an ad in which he's selling his Mercedes Benz W123 for 1 Lac only.
The year of manufacturing for this car is 1980. So just tell me is it feasible to buy this car in todays date by looking at spare parts availability and service?

Please suggest me on this. Awaiting for your replies.

Thanks and Regards
Aniket P.Katkar
There is a good garage opposite to Ornellas school, Quater Gate, Nana Peth, Pune try to show this car to him he deals with Mercs. He can tell you about the condition, availability of spare parts and maintance in Pune. But my suggestion would be buy this car very carefully

Very True. Agreed with "Kokantrip", buying 80's Mercedes could scratch your pocket very badly.

It is obvious that looking at the price tag of 1 lac for Mercedes will attract anyone. But thinking wisely about the restoration of its full image may eat up your pocket. I would suggest your to visit some good mechanic and get the list of spare and labour cost; get the quote for those spares also. This will help you in buying decision.

Visit with car at,
Dattoba Garage,
Lane opposite to Jungli Maharaj Mandir,
next to Standard Chartered Bank,
Shivaji Nagar, Pune.

For good paint work visit :
Amit Paint works,
behind Symantec, baner road, Pune.

Top Bottom