Ecosport or Safari Storme : Dilemma

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

I have booked an Ecosport Petrol base 1.5 on 27th June in Delhi. But till today dealer is not sure about the delivery. They say if I convert it to diesel then there can be some early delivery. But if I go for diesel then I won't compromise on safety and go with top model. But somehow I don't feel like spending 10 L on Ecosport.

Now I am inclined towards Safari Storme as there are some discounts available and it is in a different league altogether. I am already having a Honda City i-vtec and Ecosport petrol was my santro replacement.
Kindly give your valuable suggestions as I am very much confused.

Dear All,

I have booked an Ecosport Petrol base 1.5 on 27th June in Delhi. But till today dealer is not sure about the delivery. They say if I convert it to diesel then there can be some early delivery. But if I go for diesel then I won't compromise on safety and go with top model. But somehow I don't feel like spending 10 L on Ecosport.

Now I am inclined towards Safari Storme as there are some discounts available and it is in a different league altogether. I am already having a Honda City i-vtec and Ecosport petrol was my santro replacement.
Kindly give your valuable suggestions as I am very much confused.
Kindly explain your usage , priorities properly . Does your parking space allow you to park a huge vehicle like a safari storme ?

Now I am inclined towards Safari Storme as there are some discounts available a
Can you brief us on what discounts are available on Strome as in Pune I went to enquire about the same and the showroom guys are not ready to give any discount on Strome and Sumo Gold as they are very new in the market

Hi Wind, Both vehicles are of different class.

Storme is a Diesel powered, SUV which has refined but very plain interiors. You have most of the things that a True blood SUV would need, Powerful engine, Fantastic handling and ride quality, Commanding road presence, Very nice AC, Comfortable seats, ABS, Powersteering, Powerful headlights.

But if you want gadgetry like Average indicator, etc, that is not there.

So if you want to have the fun of drivinga true blood SUV, and not bothered about the gadgetry, and is ready to get involved with the vehicle then Storme it is for you.

The Last two jump seats a better not used. you could seat an average built adult however, its not so comfortable. So you get a 5 seater SUV with AMPLE boot space with an option to seat 2 medium built adults.

If you ask me, I have purchased the storme about a month ago, and I am happy with my purchase.

I will suggest you to go for safari storme. Otherwise after purchasing ecosport everytime you will see a storme , you will be like [frustration]

Close your eyes and pick Safari Strome., its class apart from ford ecosport and it is a diesel monster. You will love it

Safari is a full grown SUV and ES is a raised hatch. Today I saw a white ES followed by white Figo I see only as a cosmetic change of Figo as ES. No offence guys just my view when I saw both ES and Figo together. So we should not compare ES with SUV. Please TD ES and see if it could tick all your expectations and requirements.

Thread Starter #9
Can you brief us on what discounts are available on Strome as in Pune I went to enquire about the same and the showroom guys are not ready to give any discount on Strome and Sumo Gold as they are very new in the market[/Q

I am getting 30,000 as exchange bonus and 20,000 discount. There is also a corporate discount from 5000-10000 depending upon the company you work.

Can you brief us on what discounts are available on Strome as in Pune I went to enquire about the same and the showroom guys are not ready to give any discount on Strome and Sumo Gold as they are very new in the market[/Q

I am getting 30,000 as exchange bonus and 20,000 discount. There is also a corporate discount from 5000-10000 depending upon the company you work.
Kindly check the vehicle make if it is 2012 or 2013 make .
And have you driven both the cars ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Kindly explain your usage , priorities properly . Does your parking space allow you to park a huge vehicle like a safari storme ?
Dear Raja,

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a vehicle for long highway drives and occasional city use. For daily use my Honda City is serving me well. I have taken this to almost all the hills Stations in north India but low ground clearance is a problem.

My daily driving is around 80 kms.

We are a family of four adults and parking is not much a problem.

Regarding the budget I am flexible on this.

Regards

Dear Raja,

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a vehicle for long highway drives and occasional city use. For daily use my Honda City is serving me well. I have taken this to almost all the hills Stations in north India but low ground clearance is a problem.

My daily driving is around 80 kms.

We are a family of four adults and parking is not much a problem.

Regarding the budget I am flexible on this.

Regards
I will then suggest you to take multiple test drives of both the cars with your family and then decide which you must go for .

Have you driven both the cars ?

Thread Starter #13
Kindly check the vehicle make if it is 2012 or 2013 make .
And have you driven both the cars ?
Yes I have driven both the vehicles. No doubt Ecosport was smooth and solid but some how didn't feel like a SUV. I was feeling that I am driving any other A,B,C vehicle.

Driving Storme was an altogether different experience and it had lots of space. Al round Visibility was great, had very good power and torque. Brakes were good and no body roll was there although I drove it for 2-3 kms and took it to 80km/hour

If i talk of driving experience then Storme is a clear winner.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will surely check the vehicle manufacturing year.

Regards

Thread Starter #14
Safari is a full grown SUV and ES is a raised hatch. Today I saw a white ES followed by white Figo I see only as a cosmetic change of Figo as ES. No offence guys just my view when I saw both ES and Figo together. So we should not compare ES with SUV. Please TD ES and see if it could tick all your expectations and requirements.
Thanks. No offence to anyone but my feeling is same as yours regarding this.

Thread Starter #15
If you can afford the Storme, then its a no brainer. The Storme is better than the Ecosport in almost every aspect.
Thanks Raj for the reply and clearing my doubt.

Regarding budget I am flexible. No doubt I will have to increase this but we don't buy cars daily. If I am spending some more lakhs and getting a proper SUV then I am ready for that. At least will not repent later.

Top Bottom