Suggest a Diesel Car Under Rs.5.5 Lakh

Re: suggest a car under 5.5 lakh diesel

You mean On Road Price or Ex-Show Room price should be Under 5.5? Pleae Clarify on that.

However, if that should be on road price, you may have to compromise on Safety features such as ABS and Airbags which I strongly recommend you whatever the car you buy.

Go for Figo TDCI. Its the most VFM diesel hatchback in the market. Absolute chiller AC, good boot space, A.S.S. is also alright and total bang for your buck. Beat Diesel would also fit the bill, but Figo feels a notch higher as compared to Chevy Beat. You could also look at Fiat Punto diesel base model. There are pretty good discounts available on the Punto. I am assuming you have 5.5Lacs on road budget. That's why suggested Figo Diesel. If the budget is ex-showroom, then also I would suggest you to get Figo but a higher variant with more bells and whistles as well as safety features.

P.S. - do test drive all these cars which are in your budget and see for yourself which one ticks the most boxes for you.

Thread Starter #4
yes around 5.5 on road for delhi

i personally don't like figo of low ground clearance and resale

what are best petrol options available for 5.5 on road

For Petrol you will have host of options

i20, Swift, Punto, Micra, Liva etc.
If it is P, I would vote Swift or i20.

For Diesel you will have options limited to -

Figo, Beat, Vista.
Since you have already ruled out Figo, you can consider Beat or Vista.
Fiat had some old stocks for Punto(D) selling for 4.99 lacs, you can check that.

Buddy,

Go for FIGO if its diesel never mind about the low GC which you can take care at your own will. There are thousands of satisfied figo owners out there. If you haven't done a TD of Figo then the next best thing that you can think is to do one at the earliest. [glasses]

If its petrol then yes options are plenty and the best seller would be the swift/ritz because of the FE and better resale. You can even try out the Brio from Honda stable which is another promising hatch in sub 5.5L category. [:)]

yes around 5.5 on road for delhi

i personally don't like figo of low ground clearance and resale

what are best petrol options available for 5.5 on road
Hi Threeace, atleast check the new diesel Figo.. you will be surprised by the package and handling. The face-lifted version also has better GC than the old model.

Agree to the Figo suggestion. Figo is an absolute VFM package and it indeed ticks all your requirements. And for GC; it's 168mm for Figo, 165 for i20, 170 for SWIFT and Liva. HEnce you should take that off from the -ve list.
Recently I saw a delivery-ready Figo in Ford showroom. It looked really premium in terms of interiors (only for black colour though) and has pretty decent bootspace (284ltr). The only put-off could be no rear power windows even in the top version.

If its a petrol vehicle you are looking for then my vote goes in the order
Honda Brio (as I own one and am very much happy with it)
Punto (with the current offers)
Liva

Diesel
Punto
Swift or ritz

If its a petrol vehicle you are looking for then my vote goes in the order
Honda Brio (as I own one and am very much happy with it)
Punto (with the current offers)
Liva

Diesel
Punto
Swift or ritz
Punto for diesel might be a good option because of the performance + mileage but in petrol the FE is not at all encouraging and resale will be a big time issue. Apart from this the cost of ownership of Punto (For any US OEM for that matter) Vs the Japanese OEMs like Honda or Suzuki will be much higher.

Thread Starter #11
Hi team,

for the resale value i guess figo takes a back seat as compared to vista or punto. I have heard from colleagues at work ford cars have -ve resale as compared to brands like maruti,hyundai

The figo isn't that bad resale value that many people are considering. Recently Ford got good reputation in terms of maintenance, stability and safety things at reasonably good price. Moreover, with recent Ecosport success many are looking at Ford. [:)]

Hi team,

for the resale value i guess figo takes a back seat as compared to vista or punto. I have heard from colleagues at work ford cars have -ve resale as compared to brands like maruti,hyundai
Buddy, no chance that punto gets better resale than figo. With high amount of localization inside Figo, Ford has put up a much better VFM product in the market and it will definitely get better resale than punto but less than maruti.

Well why don't you wait for the Sep 10th launch of the Grande i10? I seriously consider that Hyundai will be betting big on this new product and will be aggressively priced to beat the likes of swift/ritz. [glasses] and also do consider the new WagonR Sting Ray which will also be launched in the coming festive season. (Its speculated that this has a diesel powertrain as well) So host of options coming up in the next couple of months. Wait and see its going to be exciting! [;)]

Hi team,

I should say 'think again'. Dont go by what people say. Ford's IKON days are history. Personally have experience with Ford and Honda and can rate them at par.

Check the resale values at carwale. I think you will be surprised at the resale value of Ford diesel compared to Punto/Vista.

Suggest TD all cars before you decide.

Thread Starter #15
i read grand 10 diesel will be placed at 5.75 ex showroom thats no better than maruti. also wagonr stingray is scheduled for 2014 !!

Top Bottom