Need Best Mid-Size Sedan in Rs.10 - 11 Lakh Bracket

Thread Starter #1
Dear TAI ns..

I need your whole hearted help to make a decision on which mid-size sedan to be bought in the 10-11 Lac bracket..[confused]

Priorities:
Diesel
Overall spaciousness
Good economy
Cheap on maintenance
Good reliability
Little brand image
60% city + 40% highways
Self driven

Options:
Maruti Suzuki SX4
Nissan Sunny- Renault scala
VW Vento- Skoda Rapide
Hyundai Verna

Any other...???

Please suggest the best..!!![:D]

Note: For my uncle..!!![;)]

Re: Need the best mid size sedan in 10-11 Lacs bracket

Dear TAI ns..

I need your whole hearted help to make a decision on which mid-size sedan to be bought in the 10-11 Lac bracket..[confused]

Priorities:
Diesel
Overall spaciousness
Good economy
Cheap on maintenance
Good reliability
Little brand image
60% city + 40% highways
Self driven

Options:
Maruti Suzuki SX4
Nissan Sunny- Renault scala
VW Vento- Skoda Rapide
Hyundai Verna

Any other...???

Please suggest the best..!!![:D]

With your budget and your requirement you can go for Verna or scala. You can decide between those after a TD. I did TD both loved being in scala

Re: Need the best mid size sedan in 10-11 Lacs bracket

- Any Car with a Diesel engine.
Overall spaciousness
- Scala/Sunny/Verito
Good economy
- Linea/Manza/Sail
Cheap on maintenance
- Manza/Linea/Verna/Sail/Verito
Good reliability
- Vento/Rapid/Verna/Linea
Little brand image
- SX4/Kizashi (Yes you can get a Kizashi in your budget but it's petrol)
60% city + 40% highways
- Vento/Rapid/Linea
Self driven
- Vento/Rapid/Linea
- Ambassador!

Last edited:
[:D]Jagrover , I straight away suggest your uncle to TD Ford Ecosport , and then ask him if he is really hooked on Sedan.
ES really fullfills all the criteria mentioned by you except the one (sedan) mentioned in the title of thread.
Second choice would be Verna or Linea Both stands nicely on economy criteria.
I am against scala for the poor GC. However if he is used to low GC cars then you could consider this also.

Manza\SX 4 is better highway sedan than city due to their size and turbo lag as compared to verna , linea.However if backseat comfort is of importance then only he should go for these car .

AFA Vento , Rapid , sunny are good cars but do poor on economy and ASS front.Spare cost is too much. ,
ES spare cost is at par with Maruti /tata due to localisation boon., and ford has better brand value than them.

Thread Starter #5
He is shifting to a new apartment and he told me (with a sense of humour) that he needs a car that when parked in the bay alongside other cars should give him some amount of, what to say a good image or something..!! I believe you understand what he and me try to express..[;)]

Sail/Manza/Verito- he is not interested for the one or the other reason..!!

On Ecosport: Definitely suggest him to have a TD..!! But the rear space is a concern for me..!!

Sunny v/s Scala: Here in Kochi I think Nissan has better service.

Vento/Rapide: VW has better service.

Linea.. [confused] He likes the car but heard stories of dismal service.!!

Thread Starter #7
In Kochi they have started their own (Fiat)..!!
He is not that willing to put his money on a slow selling model..[sleep] Same for SX4..!!

Only disadvantage of slow sellers is poor resale value which can be compensated on
the day of purchase by means of heavy discount.Not to forget fiat's engineering and the pride therein.

Thread Starter #9
The impression it makes is not that great Tornado..!! Slow sellers however good will be the least choice in layman point of view..[:)]

@all.. why no responses.. [cry]

Slow sellers however good will be the least choice in layman point of view..[:)] Then no need to research further , best selling Verna is the answer.

BTW , Indigo manza sold better than vento this month , but I didn't suggested it to your uncle because it doesn't suit his requirements.

i planned to start a thread with the same parameters as you have said. But my options were as follows

VW Vento
Skoda Rapid
Ford Fiesta

My monthly run would be 1200 kms (60% in City & 40% in Highways)

Please advice a better option. Currently I own Manza. Im satisfied with Manza but want to go for a premium brand. Im planning to replace by March 2014.

Heard that Honda will launch City Diesel but not sure if they will launch in 2014. My mind says to wait till the City Diesel arrives.

I had TD all the above said cars. I would rate the Rapid as the forerunner of my selection. But the Skoda A.S.S is my concern.

Is it better to wait for the City Diesel ? Im planning to use the car in a long term basis 10 years min).

Last edited:
@msjawahar
You should wait and decide as your purchase would be by March 2014. You can expect lot of new cars and facelift by then.

@jagrover - as suggested by other folks ES is a good choice,
Vento - good build quality, spacious, economic, reasonable service
Verna - good design, economic, spacious, service is superior to European OEMs
Linea - solid build quality, pride of owning a FIAT, spacious, economic but ASS & resale is of concern

@msjawahar - go for vento out of 3 options given by you. Wait for city is also good but i think they will launch only in the second half of 2014 as Honda will be getting their all new Jazz in the first half.

Thread Starter #14
Nissan's service better than VW..??
Is it better to wait for the 2014 Linea facelift..?? Any engine upgrades expected..??

I need a rating on the cost of service of these manufacturers..

Last edited:
@jagrover

Our senior collegue had exactly same requirements like yours except he wanted a AT car and car finalised was Sunny. It is really huge and excellent in all aspects and I did not find a problem with GC too. It is good for good FE and has very good image by it looks and brand name. The service network is also very good and not like VW/Skoda.

please check the following thread

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...transmission-sedan-edit-bought-sunny-cvt.html

Top Bottom