Planning To Buy a Used Swift / Punto: How Important is ABS?

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy an used car. I will drive around 300to500 kms in a month. Both in city and Highway. I will travel long once in a while. I have narrowed down to Punto and swift. I have got a good deal with my friend on a 2011 Punto. But the thing is it doesnt hav an ABS. How important is the ABS. Is it a deal breaker.? Should i stretch my budget and get a car with ABS.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Planning to buy a used Swift/Punto: How important is ABS?

Hi ravz,

In my openion you should only consider ABS & Airbag equipped variants for buying.
Since you drive most of the time in highways ABS Is a must have feature in a Car & Its your insurance premium. Their is day & night kind of difference in your breaking in ABS equipped vehicle with NON ABS equipped Vehicles in wet conditions.
Look for more vehicles in Used car dealers & Classifieds, You will Find Swift ZDI/ZXI, old VXI/VDI variants & Punto Emotion Variant comes with ABS.

Re: Planning to buy a used Swift/Punto: How important is ABS?

I insist do not buy a car without ABS and Airbags (I agree, who am I to insist?). As I write this somewhere in this world ABS/Airbags have just saved few lives. In India I would like all of us to come together and unanimously refrain from buying cars without ABS and Airbags (at least front airbags).

Thread Starter #5
Guys, I have found that fiat palio 1.6 petrol is a good car.. I have heard that getting its spares is a pain. How is the availability of the spares in bangalore.

Last edited:
Whichever car you buy make sure it has ABS and Airbags. If you can't get both and if point a gun on my head and tell me to pick just of the two features I would pick ABS.

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy an used car. I will drive around 300to500 kms in a month. Both in city and Highway. I will travel long once in a while. I have narrowed down to Punto and swift. I have got a good deal with my friend on a 2011 Punto. But the thing is it doesnt hav an ABS. How important is the ABS. Is it a deal breaker.? Should i stretch my budget and get a car with ABS.?
You run very low kms monthly to suggest you a desiel car. Here the all time winner is Swift ZXi. If you look for punto petrol I would say a big NO. Why? Low FE not a reliable service network. ABS is a must have feature in cars. It saved me lot of times on sudden heavy brakings:-)

What is your budget ? From your running, diesel is BIG NO NO. That mean you should only go with petrol. Now what are your options ?

Swift
Jazz
Ritz
Polo
Fabia
Beat
i20
i10 etc.

Look for these vehicles in used car market and ensure to have safety features.

Note: I always suggest, people who can AFFORD safety features always ensure to get as much as possible.

All the best. [:)]

Thread Starter #9
What is your budget ? From your running, diesel is BIG NO NO. That mean you should only go with petrol. Now what are your options ?

Swift
Jazz
Ritz
Polo
Fabia
Beat
i20
i10 etc.

Look for these vehicles in used car market and ensure to have safety features.

Note: I always suggest, people who can AFFORD safety features always ensure to get as much as possible.

All the best. [:)]
Guys, I have found that fiat palio 1.6 petrol is a good car.. I have heard that getting its spares is a pain. How is the availability of the spares in bangalore.

Top Bottom