Diesel Vehicle Max Rs.7.5 Lakh OTR

Thread Starter #1
Hi all
my friend is planning to buy a diesel car, (presently using WagonR)

> Your Budget: max 7.5 OTR

> New or Used: New

> Your Location: Ernakulam, Kerala

> Top Five Priorities: space, comfort, seat at least 5, boot space, FE, Good road clearance

> Monthly Running: approx 1400 (mostly highway)

> Type of Fuel:
Diesel

> For What Purpose: Regular Use

> Seating Capacity: max 5

> Type of Segment: not particular (ok with sedan)

i suggested TD the Swift Dzire TOUR (not sure of the OTR price), Honda Amaze and the Figo.

kindly put your thoughts into this.

Last edited:
Looking at your requirements you can look at the FE as well.

And if interested in hatch, then your friend can have a look at i20 and swift as well.

Hi Kanan,

If I were at your place then would have considered among in preference order.
1: Amaze ( only if there good A.S.S in your area)
2: Dzire- non tour
3: Etios
4: Swift

I believe you need to stretch little more on budget part as few more thousand you can buy a good car without a compromise and in long run ownership you will feel satisfied and no looking back , I wish I had this feature in my car or wish I had gone for that one. It's a kind of one time investment at least for 5-6 years.

But would not have mind considering Ford ES though it would have exceeded the budget.

Thanks,
Alok

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Thank you guys i have messaged him your comments.

Hi Kanan,

If I were at your place then would have considered among in preference order.
1: Amaze ( only if there good A.S.S in your area)
2: Dzire- non tour
3: Etios
4: Swift

Alok
just curiosity! why have you opted out the Dzire Tour?

> Top Five Priorities: space, comfort, seat at least 5, boot space, FE, Good road clearance

> Monthly Running: approx 1400 (mostly highway)
For the priorities mentioned above, the first car to be checked for a test drive is Vista and Manza too if it comes within the budget. They offer the best comfort, space and ride quality in the segment.
Etios is another option.
Also consider Verito.

Vista will surely fall into the 7.5lacs budget, if space, comfort, seat at least 5, boot space, FE, Good road clearance are the priorities. You can't go wrong with TATA. I know cause i used to own 2 of em simultaneously.

Last edited:
Thank you guys i have messaged him your comments.

just curiosity! why have you opted out the Dzire Tour?
Why to get a car which has been branded as Taxi and even the bumpers are not in body color. I prefer the personal car to top end model if not at least mid range.

How about Vibe. It's a fresh entry into the segment and has the proven diesel heart with lots of space inside. My next choice would be Etios or Liva.

Thread Starter #9
Sorry guys, i was very busy that's why i could not update.
thank for all your comments. he had a TD of all the vehicles mentioned here.
surprisingly while checking out the vibe and verito he also checked out the Quanto and he booked that one!
He said that the price is 7.5 OTR with free insurance, i asked him to ask for more freebies.

hi kannan,

definitely Manza would fit your requirement and I took from concord kochi a got s discount of 100k for 2012 july model, the car has the highest VFM and I was using a innova before and still comfortable with manza and I opted for a FE vehicle.

just check with manza before you confirm

rishi

Thread Starter #11
hi kannan,

definitely Manza would fit your requirement and I took from concord kochi a got s discount of 100k for 2012 july model, the car has the highest VFM and I was using a innova before and still comfortable with manza and I opted for a FE vehicle.

just check with manza before you confirm

rishi
Thank you
but it is not for me for my friend, as as i said he was not interested in the manza and he just booked the Quanto

Top Bottom