Though you have read my posts elsewhere , I would like to elaborate here further.
Bargain hard once PDI is done , before signing on dotted lines.
The discount amount should be enough to justify the losses likely to be incurred upon
,The problems associated with a car manufactured >6 months back are
1) battery quality deteriorates due to noncharging in time , please find out manufacturing date. better to replace it at the time of delivery.
2) rubber and plastic life and quality deteriorates and becomes unpredictable, The most important is rubbers are tyres.
Door , boot , window , bonnet , plastic and rubber beadings get hardened ,may lead to
water leakages in monsoon, do not rely upon post carwash scenario. Also important are engine rubber foundations.
3) All kind of oils and filters needs to be replaced.
Also resale value will suffer by 10 percent as manufacturing date is mentioned on RC by law.
You will have to cleaverly find out wheather the car was used as a TD car,
please , take into consideration, the above mentioned points , while calculating the discoun t.
Please, decode the tyre manufacturing date , it's on the tyre side wall. It's must be more than 1 year.
Rubber of the tyres manufactured >6 months back especially if the car was parked unused under sun, for 1 year, is bound to harden alot, leading to
1) bumpy ride, especially on the undulated repaired pot holes . This reducd ride comfort is due to reduced flexibility of rubber.
2) cuts on sidewall
Both problems demand tyre change (20 to 25 k/set) Why the dealer would sell the TD car,?
If new /upgraded model of same car is launched recently , then he has to discontinue previous TD ca r and provide new upgraded car for the TD, hence old TD car comes for sale. How to identify TD car.?
1) manufacturing date of the car and launch date of the that pirticular model coincides.
2) plastic used to wrap the seats is absent.
3} careful observation reveals nail marks on the door handle area.
4) most of the time but not always TD cars are white in color.
5} TD cars are stored at dealers stock yard and not at factory stock yard. Problems associated with buying a TD car.
New custemer s will always take a full TD, obviously they won't shell out hard earned money without TD. As the 8 to 10 lac Rs car custemers are not going to be a first timers, hence they will put the TD car under proper test for suspension, GC at worst conditions.
Also TD car will be revved to at least 3 to 4 k rpm, by the TD custemer, which will void the running in rules.
Running- in is a most important factor in the car's future,. Running -in allows the cars aluminium pistons, crank case , valves to gradually swell and acclimatise the hot engine conditions. If engine is revved at high rpm during running in , its parts will have mismatched dimensions, leading to permanent malfunction, low FE ,misfire, low power.It will require FREQUENT REPAIR WORK . For an individual custemer, it going to be headache , loss of peace of mind. Yes, cost of headache will be the discount qouted.
Car revved beyond the running-in limits are bouwith d to change internal dimension of pistons, crank case, leading to gaps in between them.The gaps lead to leakage of fuel through them, leading to increased oil levels and reduction in viscosity of oil. This in turn leads to emission problems . BTW
, if it is not a TD car , then in addition to thes points mentioned in my previous post , please take in to consideration two more points .while calculating expected discounts
1)Don't ask for full amount for tyre replacement , rather go to the private tyre dealer immidietely tand exchange all the tires with premium brandso UPSIZE such as michelin , bridgestone .you will loose hardly500 to 1000 Rs per tire.
2) if the car is lying under sun since last one year , you need to do paint enrichment /sealent treatment from 3 M or Meiguirs etc. which will cost you Rs 5 k approx.[E]if you get adequate discount and if the decision is with eyes wide open , no need to worry , dealer can not cheat you.
please let us know what offer is going on on 2113 newly manufactued manzas so that we can comme nt on adequacy of the discount .