What Substitutes Are Available For Ford EcoSport?

Thread Starter #1
Guys i have a weird question in my mind that due to ES long waiting period which is at least 3-4 month depending upon the variant,what are the other alternatives(Hatch Back,Sedan or SUV) we have in our hand with respect to looks,reliability,price(Mid variant of ES),handling,comfort.[confused]

May be i am the person who doesn't like to wait for long for such depreciating assets:stupid::stupid:

Last edited:
Mahindra Quanto, Premier Rio (at similar budget)

Xylo, Ertiga, Enjoy, Duster (at higher budget)

But, as far as I remember, you were looking for sedans.

Guys i have a weird question in my mind that due to ES long waiting period which is at least 3-4 month depending upon the variant,what are the other alternatives(Hatch Back,Sedan or SUV) we have in our hand with respect to looks,reliability,price(Mid variant of ES),handling,comfort.[confused]

May be i am the person who doesn't like to wait for long for such depreciating assets:stupid::stupid:
Mahindra quanto , Scorpio base model , safari base model , ertiga , upcoming cross polo. .

Thread Starter #5
Mahindra Quanto, Premier Rio (at similar budget)

Xylo, Ertiga, Enjoy, Duster (at higher budget)

But, as far as I remember, you were looking for sedans.
Yes Anshuman,i am really big fan of Sedan and may conclude the deal with linia diesel dynamics soon,what do u say?

Is Safari sold still ?
Yes the base model of classic safari is sold , they only discontinued the vx, gx models .
Yes Anshuman,i am really big fan of Sedan and may conclude the deal with linia diesel dynamics soon,what do u say?
If you are fan of sedans , then there are so many options to choose for you . The linea being one of them .

To be very frank nothing!! Yes you do not find some thing can be alternative for ES

Have you taken TD for any sedans or Linea per se?

Which are the new Fiat dealers in Kolkata post de-merger with TATA?
Not sure but remember seeing a graphic display indicating that Fiat is yet to roll out on Eastern Frontiers. Hence believe the Kolkata would still have that arrangement, however am not sure about it.

Thread Starter #11
Have you taken TD for any sedans or Linea per se?

Which are the new Fiat dealers in Kolkata post de-merger with TATA?
In kolkata, we have only one exclusive fiat showroom so little beat worried about FASS.I did the TD last week and every thing i like about linia except gear transmission as it is pretty hard compare to my present Ford fiesta that may be due to TD car.

Not sure but remember seeing a graphic display indicating that Fiat is yet to roll out on Eastern Frontiers. Hence believe the Kolkata would still have that arrangement, however am not sure about it.
@envynicky. I am a guy like you cannot tolerate waiting period for buying a car.

If you are intrested in Fiat Linea they are providing 1 Lakh cash discount.

An alternate EcoSport is tough to say. As of now it is compared with Duster, If you can get Duster without waiting period that will also be a good choice. Other options are Ertiga, Xylo on that price bracket. You must first make up your mind on which segment you want a car. If you can brief more on which segment you are looking for and your daily commute we could suggest you the right car for you. Answering your question if not ES then what? answer would be Duster as of now.[:)]

Thread Starter #13
Guys I m in a difficult situation
As I m diehart fan of sedan bt my wanted to hv swift.i hv already TD Tata manza& fiayt lines.wifey needs compact car and that too from maruti bcoz of its resale.pls help me out from this problem and is it down grade to go for swift from ford fiesta?

Ford Fiesta
VW Vento
Skoda Rapid
Renault Duster
Mahindra Scorpio
Mahindra Xylo
Tata Safari (old)
Hyundai i20
Hyundai Verna
Fiat Punto
Maruti Swift
Maruti SX4
Maruti Ertiga

I would pick the Rapid, Scorpio, Safari, Punto or Ertiga!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
I bought my ford Fiesta diesel car second hand from used car dealer.This time when i visited the authorized service center they told me the car run 82595km as per their record but in car the odo showing 43500km(approx)so i am really confused about the real odo reading?i am planing to sell the car..what you people suggest me?bought this car for 3.5L last year and run by myself more the 10k km after purchasing.is it wise to sell the car?there are few other works that needs to be carried out like gear mount,oil sump leakage work and i have seen rust in the door side.Total rough estimate given by service center exclude body rust is 30-35k.

Top Bottom