Honda City or Safari Storme or Safari Dicor ?

Thread Starter #1
Friends ,

I am planning to buy a new car .
Honda City and Safari Storme , both are my dream cars [:)]

My requirements :

I need very smooth driving and trouble free journey.
Less Maintenance .
Monthly driving around 500 km
Never going for Off road driving .
Good pick up and good acceleration at the time
of overtaking .

Please help me to find a suitable car.

Re: Honda City or Safari Storme

Both are of different segment. First you must decide between SUV or a sedan.
But my choice will be Safari Storm. And tatas service is cheaper than Honda. cheaper in both cost and quality.

Last edited:

Answer is in the questions only:
  • I need very smooth driving and trouble free journey: Honda City is the car to go for, highly reliable and very smooth to drive.
  • Less Maintenance: Honda City, lesser as well as cheaper. Service costs and service bills of both cars can be compared.
  • Monthly driving around 500 km: Less running and hence petrol can do, so City is the car to go.
  • Never going for Off road driving: Here comes the personal choice if you need a Safari or a City to drive around.
  • Good pick up and good acceleration at the time of overtaking: Storme don't come even closer to the City by any ways, City is a pocket rocket and Storme simply feels sluggish in front of it.

It's apple vs orange battle , but most of the common buyers face this situation before they come to apple vs apple battle.

Answer depends on four factors in your case

1) Do you love apple or orange ? , go for your love , don't betray ! If you like to have cocktail (though it would contradict your TAI handle[evil] ) then think seriously about FORD Ecosport.

2) Do you want to carry all playing stuffs of your kid eg bicycle , foldable table chairs, etc. whenever you go for outing eg .sea shore.Iif yes , then it's storme , if no , then it's city .

3) Road condition in your city - if bumpy , undulated , WIP most the time the it's storme If no then Honda city.
4) Last but not the least -parking space at home and office . And parking scenario at the places you frequent.

Safari will definitely give you a road presence. The same feel you will not get from City.
In terms of Pick up City will be way ahead of Safari.
In terms of maintenance, There will be no niggling kind of issue with City. City will be peace of mind with compared to Safari (my opinion).
Safari can take any kind of road but where as City is build for City.

Have a look at Ford Eco sport also.

TD all the sort listed vehicle and then take a call.

Re: Honda City or Safari Storme?

Looking at your requirements you should go for Honda City. It's has less maintenance, smooth driving. And looking at your monthly running petrol is the way to go which is again Honda City.

But do give a look at Ford ES in petrol as well as diesel.

Thread Starter #7

As I heard from 2 dealers in Cochin that Honda City AT is stopped production ,
I am confused about Skoda Rapid AT or Volkswagen Vento AT[confused]
Please help us to know which is better Rapid or Vento [clap]

Rapid and vento, both have same engine (vw). Since rapid has to procure most of the spares from VW , the Skoda ASS is costlier than VW. Recently my friend was told to pay RS 15000 for replacement of motor of one powerwindow of Octavia rider.

My vote goes to Rapid for impressive looks .BTW , VW and skoda both are known for horror ASS .The person who has Honda(known for top notch ASS ) top on his agenda , it would be a pain to tolerate VW and skoda ASS.

On other hand , due to localization of the spare parts production , ford ASS is likely to be cheaper than earlier.

Last edited:

As I heard from 2 dealers in Cochin that Honda City AT is stopped production ,
I am confused about Skoda Rapid AT or Volkswagen Vento AT[confused]
Please help us to know which is better Rapid or Vento [clap]
Check which a.s.s is better in Cochin vw or skoda first , Because Both cars are equally good . Incase of automatic there is ford fiesta too incase you are intrested .

And the new ecosport also comes in AT avatar incase you are intrested .

Thread Starter #10
Tata Safari Storme or Safari Dicor?

Friends ,

Is TATA still producing Safari Dicore .
Is it good to buy Dicore now ?[confused]
For me in looks Safari Dicore is best [clap]

In performance and in comfort which is better
Dicore or Storme .
Friends please share your experience [:)]

Re: Tata Safari Storme or Safari Dicor?

Friends ,
Is TATA still producing Safari Dicore .]
I don't know.

BTW,rather than starting a new thread , you should have asked mods to edit the title of your previous thread and asked same questions on same thread, anyways mods are smart enough.

For me in looks Safari Dicor is best
:agree: AFA side profile is concerned.
However , it is Storme's front which is gonna enhance look of your bungalow/row house .If it is flat system , then it is going to be' owner's pride neighbor's envy' , as compared to Dicor.

BTW, the tailgate mounted rear spare wheel of Dicor not only demands extra parking space but also hamper s utility of the rear park assisting cam.

In performance and in comfort which is better
For performance it is 'varicor 'of the Storme Reason - Refinement .While for comfort it is DICOR'S Safari if if the storme's steering is touching your thighs.
Friends please share your experience [:)]
My experience says ,
If you betray your love , you gonna repent.
however ford ES could be arranged love marriage for you.

@ JW sorry , johnny walker , word 'jw 'appear s to be small -30 ml[evil] , By now you must have understood that when it is booking of TATA car , you need to visit and find out quality of TASS in your city beforebooking a car.

BTW , here is a owner's comparo of Storme varicor vs Safari Dicor as quoted bellow.
I too am one proud and satisfied owner of Tata Safari Storme VX 4x4 and have already completed 12000 kms on all types of roads + even routinely on off road trips on my farm.

The ride is excellent and any type of surface is traversed with ease n elan.
I had also owned a Safari 4x4 earlier so, I am going to dwell upon my experience in relation to that.
The handling is definately improved many folds and the Storme is nimble and composed at any speeds. I have braked at 140km/hr and there was no drama. We have also tried driving over serious potholes where all other vehicals had to really slow down to 5 kms/hr. We managed 50/60 kms per hour - though we bounced and dived around a lot. Most of the passengers were scared (and later elated) but, the vehical never went out of control and the driver was at ease with the situation. The brakes on this vehical are really special. Most SUVs now a days have ABS/EBD etc as standard. What is not standard is having disc brakes on all four wheels. Tata Motors should accentuate this fact. Here I wished Tata had given Safari Storme Traction Control too.

The turning circle is a real improvement and I am able to drive easily through narrowest of Pune inner city lanes. On open highways the vehical is deceptively fast for such a large/high/heavy body. The commanding view from the driver's seat is excellent. With the rear spare wheel now gone, the rear view is also very good. The old Safari suffered on this account.

4x4 with Limited Slip Differential is fantastic. I have come out of 200 mm deep thick mud (where I was stuck in 'stop' position due to a fallen tree) with ease in 4x4 Low gear last month.

Very recently, I parked the Storme and wend to horse around unnder a 30 feet tall waterfall. unfortunately in strong current I lost my car key. We found the key after 4 hours of searve 100+ feet down stream in 2 feet deep water. Upon recovery, we were expecting problems with the key due to water. Our fears were without reason. The key worked as normal from the word go.

The AC on this SUV s excellent.
3M sun screen film has been a great help too.
In addition to the reverse parking system given by Tata, we fitted reverse camera too.
Now I am awaiting a kit from Tata - decals + nudge guard + chrome strips etc.

Finally, Concorde Motors (Pune) have created a new 'customer experience' for us. The service is top grade and we have satisfied in al respects.

I would recommend Tata Safari Storme to anybody wwe get for money - very few other SUVs can manage. I wish we Indians have more pride in our own products.

Last edited:
Friends ,

I am planning to buy a new car .
Honda City and Safari Storme , both are my dream cars [:)]

My requirements :

I need very smooth driving and trouble free journey.
Less Maintenance .
Monthly driving around 500 km
Never going for Off road driving .
Good pick up and good acceleration at the time
of overtaking .

Please help me to find a suitable car.
Safari STORME is a better choice for our road conditions and driving behaviors - I am saying this having owned a Honda City since 2006 and having added STORME to the stable 6 months back.

Engine refinement and interiors are so nice in the CITY but no respect in the jungle. On the contrary, you can absolutely FEEL the respect while driving around in a STORME.

Top Bottom