What Car? A Petrol Hatchback..

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

My elder brother is planning to buy a new hatchback (petrol). He has taken few quotes from some dealers in Delhi (VW only as of now).

One I posted at http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...monthly-discounts-schemes-indian-cars-53.html But then I thought it would be better to ask this question separately because that is discount thread.

VW Polo - CL Petrol

Dealer:- VW Safderjung Enclave

Ex showroom 558500/-
Loan (VWFS) 446000/-
Margin money 112500/-
Registration Delhi 27270/-
Logistic & no. Plate 6000/-
1 adv. Emi 9651/-
Back processing 4460/-
AMC 3 years 524/-per month (this amount is included in EMI)
Discounts
Corporate discount 2000/-
---------------------------------------------------------
Dealer:- VW Moti Nager

On road - 612981/-
(-) Insurance - 21212/-
Actual OTR 591769/-
Loan 445000/-
(-)146769/-
EMI 9643 (1 adv. EMI also)
Processing fee 4650/-
Discounts:
Corporate discount (he does not remember it) but it would be around 2-3k I guess.
---------------------------------------------------------

Both the above offers include:

3 year warranty or up to 75000 km.
3 years RSA free
2 years insurance free
AMC for 3 years provided he is ready to pay some 503/- monthly.

Nothing extra.

How is this deal ? And where you think he can push to get maximum discount and / or freebies can be asked for.

How is an i20 Petrol sport? Polo is Ok or should I ask him to go for i20 ? Or how about Swift ZXI ?

Let us say out of these 3 which one would you suggest. He might keep the car for 5 years if not more. He test drove all three vehicles and now looking for best value for money. But restricting himself any of these 3 cars.

Please suggest.

Last edited:
Re: What car ? A Petrol hatchback..

@shailender

I think he is more inclined towards Polo, but if it is a hatchback, then please check new Punto it looks superb in everything. Also check the Ecosport too.

If it is a sedan, then yes SX4 is no nonsense car backed with great Maruti support, but some how SX4 looks bit dated to me, so check out New Etios and New Linea too

Thread Starter #3

@shailender

I think he is more inclined towards Polo, but if it is a hatchback, then please check new Punto it looks superb in everything. Also check the Ecosport too.

If it is a sedan, then yes SX4 is no nonsense car backed with great Maruti support, but some how SX4 looks bit dated to me, so check out New Etios and New Linea too
Thanks Gurrala,

But he has one sedan (Baleno) and now specifically looking for a hatchback. Since running is less around 1000 km a month he wants a petrol. I would have suggested Punto as well but Punto has to be MJD or no Punto. Personal opinion though [:)].

As far as Ecosport is concerned. Waiting period is very high whereas others are readily available.

Now please suggest out of these 3 which one should be a VFM.

1. Polo CL
2. i20 Sports
3. Swift ZXi

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

After 5 years, the resale will be more or less the same for all the 3 cars.

I20 is a great car with more features and space than the polo as well as the swift.

But you won't get free insurance with i20, I don't think so.
You might get some cash discount, corporate discount,mats, teflon and underbody coating. I'll say go for the i20.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

As a business man i care re-sale, i20 do not have a good re-sale.
so i would suggest the other two.
After 5 years, the resale will be more or less the same for all the 3 cars.

I20 is a great car with more features and space than the polo as well as the swift.

But you won't get free insurance with i20, I don't think so.
You might get some cash discount, corporate discount,mats, teflon and underbody coating. I'll say go for the i20.
Thanks alexddas and allhyundaicars for the suggestions and points. At this point in time I do not think he is considering re-sale as a factor. Even if that is the case, then Swift would beat both of them with a good margin. But do we really take entire decision on re-sale ? No, I don't think so.

I am suggesting him swift but he likes Polo but i20 gives more features. TOTAL confusion [lol].

Let us say, if he goes with his choice (Polo) then what else he can or we can ask from the dealer ? If they are not giving cash discount ? Anybody getting any deal on VW Polo this month ?

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Yeah it is a lot of confusion. If he wants to play safe then he should go for the swift.

Polo won't offer much features but handling and everything will be top notch but space is very limited. For the same reason I wasn't considering polo.

But I think he will be happy with the i20. Just tell us what he says.

Thanks Gurrala,

But he has one sedan (Baleno) and now specifically looking for a hatchback. Since running is less around 1000 km a month he wants a petrol. I would have suggested Punto as well but Punto has to be MJD or no Punto. Personal opinion though [:)].

As far as Ecosport is concerned. Waiting period is very high whereas others are readily available.

Now please suggest out of these 3 which one should be a VFM.

1. Polo CL
2. i20 Sports
3. Swift ZXi
Hahahaha Without any doubts Swift ZXI and eyes closed !!

Even i would be more inclined towards swift zxi from the options mentioned for the simple reason that the service network including availability of spares etc and running costs of Maruti is unbeatable!

Thread Starter #12

Everyone have their own reasons but it afterwards ends up with Swift, is it the herd mentality?[;)]
Yes. You are right.

@alex

it is not herd and lot of things make swift winner
You are right too and in a long run lot of things matter from an end users prospective. In India at least, we buy a car to keep it for multi purpose and she is often used by many people within the family and sometime friends. To keep the car in mint condition one should have decent support a relatively inexpensive service and parts + availability.

For that matter alone Maruti make lot of sense. But is the scanrio that bad for others?

Here I would like to ask everyone. Maruti is the only saving grace we have or others like Hyundai and Vw (for this case only) have anything to talk about? Hyundai is quit old in India now. How is service cost for i20 or Polo would be in comparison to Swift?

shailender

I can tell you with my eyes closed, Hyundai, vw service are quite expensive than maruti. Even today maruti means completed peace of mind

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
My verna's 2nd service costed 1500 bucks, my friend's wagonR cng second service costed 5500 bucks and still people say maruti's maintenance is low. I'm sure Hyundai santro's cng service won't cost this much. Will ask sc and post it here.

I would suggest a VW Polo since your brother is opting a petrol mill. Swift is a great car, but then, for a person switching from sedan to a hatchback, the car would definitely feel cramped. No i20, because the petrol mill of Hyundai doesnt excite at all (no offences to the owners). From the 3, Polo seems to be the best option to me. Had the Jazz been in production, i would have never talked about any of the three[;)]!

Top Bottom