Shift From Diesel To Petrol

Thread Starter #1
Hi

I own a 2011 May VW Polo CL Diesel.It has done about 26000km till date.
Now my dad lives in Delhi and the vehicle wont even do 300km a month.
So thinking of selling this off and buy a Polo Petrol CL or HL.
I am giving Top Priority to Polo becasue I know the Outcome if I buy it again.

But you may advice me about any other options and also If it is the right choice?
A comparison between the current car and a New Petrol may be given.

Budget :- Max 8L (Car would be a secondary one from next year)

Petrol is a better option than Diesel now IMO

PLease advice!!!

If your Polo diesel is in good condition and only 26k run then why you are selling that and buy petrol only for the less run? it will make big loss for you.

Still petrol vs. diesel price had around 20 rs different and diesel will give better mileage too. Absolutely no issues with diesel vehicle if it does only 300 km only in month. Are you sure the running will not increase in next one year?

Why you are telling petrol is better option now? could you please clarify that? if your car monthly running is less then petrol is ok, but you already bought the diesel car and it had done 26 k in 2 years.using the same car for 2 more years will be really worth than selling and buy a new one.

Last edited:
+ to what releesh said, along with the car that you are currently using, you would loss in the depreciation of the current polo that you owned, plus the cost of new car that you would be buying along with the again difference in coming two years if your usage increases and you think to sell off the petrol and buy a diesel again.
Rather keep your current polo to do your job even if the running is less.

Top Bottom