Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX 2002 Model Resale Value

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I own a Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX 2002 model, I bought it for Rs. 80,000/- in 2010 and it has an original BRC LPG kit fitted on it that works perfectly. Upon consulting a few mechanics i found out that these days you can only sell these cars for scrap for 15 to 20 thousand bucks. Is that true??? I mean it works fine, smooth, ac works. The only issue i have now is the horrible fuel economy, parts cost and very sluggish engine specially on LPG mode with the AC on. So guys is it true that you can only sell these cars for scrap cause no private owner will want to own the 1.2 and since its a money pit?? I stay in Mumbai i guess ppl here have enough money to buy new cars rather than an old fiat palio. i tried selling it online but no responses either. Please Advice!!![confused]

Hi, welcome to TAI.

Why dont you post pics of the car here, someone might be interested to buy it from you.

Hi Dee,

Welcome to TAI. Your mechanic is not wrong. Fiats have lesser resale value and Palio in general has very poor resale due to the issues your are experiencing now. Better put ad in OLX/Quickr and sell to an individual. You can expect anything between 40-55K for your car.

What is the FE you get out of your car in LPG and Petrol mode?

350Z

Core Team
I own a Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX 2002 model, I bought it for Rs. 80,000/- in 2010 and it has an original BRC LPG kit fitted on it that works perfectly. Upon consulting a few mechanics i found out that these days you can only sell these cars for scrap for 15 to 20 thousand bucks. Is that true???
They’re correct to an extent, I’m afraid. Even modern Fiats suffer from a pathetic resale value in India. You could get an idea how much a decade old third hand model will fetch. Though I suspect if a dealer will even consider a used Palio but there are possibilities of selling it to someone who is enthusiastic about Fiats and willing to acquire a Palio in decent condition. (Example: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...hase-experience-italian-beast-fiat-palio.html). I’d recommend getting the car serviced and refurbished. Weed out the minor yet noticeable flaws. Get the car cleaned, waxed and polished so that it looks pleasing inside out. Maintain all relevant documents in a folder in a presentable manner. Take a few good images and post them in online classifieds with clear information. You can fetch a much better value with efforts that look insignificant but play a critical role to make or break a deal.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom