Confused Regarding New Car

Thread Starter #1
hello i am thinking of buying a new car preferably petrol, my monthly running is almost 300-500 kms. i have a maruti 800 now i wanted to shift myself to a hatchback/sedan can anyone guide me what all good options i have i can afford a budget of almost 6-7 lacs right now i am thinking of honda amaze S variant any better suggestions or shall i go with it

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out Ford EcoSport,its an compact SUV you'l enjoy driving around.

No doubt amaze is good vehicle ,easy to drive and with good space.

TD both the vehicle and make the decision

Hi there! There are quite a few options you have in that budget with almost all manufacturers having something in it for you, especially in the hatchback segment. If you stretch your budget from about 8.5L, there are even more considerations then!

Could you give us some of your priorities? You had mentioned Petrol (correct choice based on your monthly distance covered), but how about other things? Eg. :

1. Do you mainly drive in the city or do you do a lot of highway runs?
2. essential features that you want in your vehicle ?
3. Have you ensured that all major car manufacturers have service stations in your area? This is important so that you have a peace of mind well into the future
4. How many people will be traveling in the car most often?
5. Will you be the only driver or will there be someone else? Do you want to think of Auto-transmission as an option?
6. Mileage vs fun-to-drive, which is your preference? More often than not, both these do not go hand in hand! :-)
7. If you had to name just 1 single most important factor that you look for or want to make sure in a new car, what would it be?
8. Do you normally decide with your heart, or with your mind? :-)

Once we get a better picture of your needs, I am sure that lots of folks in this forum will be able to suggest some neat options!

EV

Thread Starter #4
yes,,,i will be the only driver and sometimes maybe my dad...he has left all of the decision on me as to which car ill be buying...as far as the driving goes...i am a dentist and i have a private practice here in my city ill be driving more in the city itself..and maybe once in 2 month to my relatives about 100 kms from here....as fars the features go i look for a car which is good in long run...better engine...less noise and easy to drive and spacious( myself being 6'3" tall)...my family memberes 4 of u will be travelling with me if at all we plan to go out for some vacation or something...Ofcourse mileage too plays a handy role in choosing... .and i decide the car by my heart and not by mind...i was thinking to go for diesel bacause the price difference between petrol and diesel here in punjab is more than 24 rupees...but i chose petrol over it...cos i liked the petrol engines more than diesel....
Ill definitely give ford ecosport a test drive...i have drove Amaze and i liked it....i drove swift and dzire both but i felt it was too compact a car...correct me if im wrong....

Thanks...

Last edited:
hello i am thinking of buying a new car preferably petrol, my monthly running is almost 300-500 kms. i have a maruti 800 now i wanted to shift myself to a hatchback/sedan can anyone guide me what all good options i have i can afford a budget of almost 6-7 lacs right now i am thinking of honda amaze S variant any better suggestions or shall i go with it

Thanks
If you have budget of 7L then surely check out Ford Ecosport Petrol and Ford Fiesta Sport 1.6S. Both are awesome to drive. If you have good bargaining skills then also checkout Fiat Linea T-Jet and Maruti Suzuki SX4 petrol.

Regards,
Sankar

Hello and Welcome to The Automotive India Manuj. Hope you have a good time here.

Now coming to the topic, with the given budget you have a lot of options in petrol:
1. Ford Ecosport
2. Nissan Sunny
3. Honda Amaze
4. Chevrolet Sail
5. Tata Manza

6. Hyundai i20 (Both Diesel and petrol)
7. Volkswagen Polo (Both Diesel and petrol).

Hi Manuj,

Thank you for your responses. You sound like a practical person who values functionality and usage over pure form (looks). Here are my suggestions:

1. As your monthly usage is around 300 to 500 km, Petrol is the way to go for you. In my opinion, don't get confused any further regarding this.

2. I am going to make the following suggestions PURELY based on your budget of 7 Lakh that you've quoted:

a. Honda Amaze - you seem to like this car. I personally haven't test-driven it, but Honda vehicles are generally reliable, and the Amaze 1.2L petrol engine is a proven one. The car looks pretty good , but I am not sure of the waiting times.

b. Ford Ecosport: Now there are 2 petrol variants , the 1.0L ecoboost and the 1.5L engine (same as the new ford fiestas). I've test driven the 1.0L ecoboost and it's quite a powerful car. It looks futuristic and is loaded with gizmos. the 1.0L variant has too much of a waiting time, so I am not sure if you are willing to wait that long. Try out the 1.5L. You might get a mid variant in it within your budget.

c. Toyota Etios : This is my suggestion for you. Please try out this vehicle. It might suit you a lot. It has a reliable and surprisingly powerful 1.5L engine, great handling, tonnes of space inside ( you're 6'-3" , you dont want to feel claustrophobic in your car ), and toyota reliability.

Give the 3 cars above a test drive and go for the one you feel your heart is pulling you towards! Happy driving and best wishes!

Cheers,
EV

you have less driving so go for petrol & i suggest to add some more amount & go 4 Honda city, its best car to drive & i am sure that you will enjoy owning a honda.

Top Bottom