With that budget, why are you not looking at the Mahindra XUV5OO, Tata Safari Storme & Chevrolet Cruze?
According to your priorities:
-Good handling : Handling is good for an SUV
-Performance on road : 0-100 in 12 seconds, good by SUV standards
-Safety : 4* safety rating
-Reliable for long term use : Small niggles here and there are present
- Looks & style : personal choice
- diesel is ok but should not rattle or make too many sounds : no major rattling issues reported.
-Good handling : Not as good as the XUV, but decent enough for an SUV
-Performance on road : Again good.
-Safety : No idea.
-Reliable for long term use : No idea.
- Looks & style : personal choice.
- diesel is ok but should not rattle or make too many sounds : most of the rattling noises have been solved.
-Good handling : Check!
-Performance on road : Check! 0-100 in 9 seconds!
-Safety : Check!
-Reliable for long term use : Check!
- Looks & style : Check! No doubts, its a looker.
- diesel is ok but should not rattle or make too many sounds. No rattling at all.
The Cruze maybe about a Lac above your budget, but its a perfect vehicle for your requirements.
Originally Posted by K!NkY
Go for Toyota Innova that would be best suitable car for all your requirements. You will never regret for your purchase.
Since he requires performance, I would not really recommend the Innova. Its a sluggish car with just 102 bhp.