Renault Duster vs Ford Ecosport: Suggest a Better Car?

Thread Starter #1
Too much speculation going on about these two cars. Want to buy a good SUV. Please suggest which one. I did some research and it seems there is some difference in the boot space and seating space of both the cars. It seems the diesel variant of Duster is better than Ecosport's diesel variant and it is vice versa for the petrol version. I am totally confused.[confused]

Re: Which is the better car, Renault Duster or Ford Ecosport?

Hi dilipdesai! Welcome to The Automotive India.

If you could give us your requirements like how many people will travel, petrol or diesel, your monthly usage, highway travel, etc..., we will be able to help you out.

Thread Starter #3

Hi, I have a family of 5 people and my commotion per month is about 1000 km in and out of city. I would prefer a diesel car, I travel on the highway more as I have to carry stuff which i put down in my godown, it is not much but I need more boot space.

Hi, I have a family of 5 people and my commotion per month is about 1000 km in and out of city. I would prefer a diesel car, I travel on the highway more as I have to carry stuff which i put down in my godown, it is not much but I need more boot space.
The boot space is a lot in duster compared to the ES . About driving drive both the cars and decide ideally take your family with you .

Thread Starter #5
Re: Suggest a better car, Renault Duster or Ford Ecosport?

Thanks a lot Raja. I will surely TD the Duster with my family. I guess if Duster has boot space more than Ecosport then I would have more inclination towards it. Glad I posted here.

Duster is a SUV because it is not limited to 4 meter. ES is a raised hatchback which is in a sub 4 meter category. Duster has better space than ES but interior and exterior appeals good in ES. Bootspace is 100 ltr more in Duster than in ES.
Here is how you should select. If your family has 5 average built people go for duster. If only 4 travels then ES should your car.

Re: Suggest a better car, Renault Duster or Ford Ecosport?

Thanks a lot Raja. I will surely TD the Duster with my family. I guess if Duster has boot space more than Ecosport then I would have more inclination towards it. Glad I posted here.
duster has more boot space and more rear seat space than ecosport
test drive wont disappoint you, but in Bangalore you need skills to book the test drive vehicle

Thread Starter #9
Ha, I was able to TD it (not from a showroom). A friend had bought his uncle's Duster from Mumbai. It was 110 PS diesel one. I loved it, the boot space really is inspiring. I was really happy with it. It suits my requirements the best. And unlike most people suggest, its interiors are not that bad. The suspension and gearbox are really sound and I think anybody would agree with me if I say it clearly glides on even the worst roads. I am very much inclined to buy it. Thanks guys.

Thread Starter #11
[;)] ohh thank you, I am not sure why is there so much speculation. One is 4m car and one is a big SUV so why compare? but i guess people compare because they are unsure, just like me.

one is with in or just 4 meters and other one is not 5 meters its just with in 4 and half meters

for a layman the usable space (passenger space) is just few inches more than ecosport as the extra length of duster is utilized by its bonnet and hatch storage area.

and don't go for the top-end duster that comes with a hair blower for the backbench middle passenger (am talking about the rear A/C)

Thread Starter #13
Oh yes I saw the rear ac vent, it does look ugly :| will see the 85 PS one when I go to the dealership. A long TD might be good (I want to drive it again, it was fun) but I doubt they will let me have it for more than 10 minutes. [;)]

Today Ecosport declared their price. It is much cheaper than Duster in terms of Petrol one, I dont know about diesel though. I think even if Ford is selling Ecosport petrol for less cost, you must always see your requirements, it is not like we buy cars daily so one can spend a little more for getting a better car. Like you said you need more carry space for luggage, you must take Duster as it is bigger. Also I think if you are taking diesel one then Duster is a better choice than Ecosport diesel one because their diesel variant is not as promising as the petrol one. Hope I am not too late to comment.

Top Bottom