1. I am going for a Single-DIN basic system with 4 door side speakers. the brand presently selected is Sony with USB option.
I am have only used Pioneer and JVC so cannot comment on that.Check the feature set on Pioneer, Sony And JVC.Try to get one that even supports bluetooth so you can pair your phone and plays songs directly from it.Not sure about the size of the speakers that can be accommodated in the doors.Pioneer speakers are good for the price so are JVC.No experience with Sony auto products.
2. they offer free Teflon coat, having read that original teflon coat from dupont is discontinued and now some unknown waxing brands are used as "teflon" - shall I accept this or not? in some forums, they say the first layer of paint is destroyed by this spray? is it true?
It doesn't really help.Instead employ someone to wash your car on a daily basis and supply them with a good quality cloth to clean the paint work and a thicker quality cloth for the wheels and tires.
3. I am living in an area away(40kms) from coast, still rusting is common here may be road salts whatever. so, underbody coating is a must IMO
and I am going for the 5 year Underbody coat from 3M.
there is a 3M Car deatailing shop in Vyttila,Cochin and have inquired about the cost it comes around 3500 or so. will they do a better job than dealer?
Internal(cockpit) treatment is not needed for new cars.It is only needed when you get the car stripped and repainted.
Engine lamination doesn't work.The heat generated will melt any coating.
Get door guards instead,rubber molding that door edges that protects it from hitting any other surface when the doors are opened
# I am going for 4 door sills or scuff plates as they are called. does MGA has any(basic steel look ones) ?Yes they do.
# What about front Windscreen film ? they are pushing for it although I think it is illegal? Garware make some where around 4500 Rupees. is it needed for better cooling?
Cooling films are illegal and a lot of cops are starting to use LUX meters these days.
4. Seat covers, Vinyl Flooring all are a must for me and last time I did all these works outside. but, It was scary for me watching all seats and front console etc removed by the Accessory shop people and the way they put together(left few screws missing from console side,rear seat - a cover masking screws disappeared etc). will the dealer doing these works gurantee that if I miss any parts, later I can ask the dealer. is this right way am thinking?
When you get this done from a dealer or an accessory shop you need to check the installtion.Dealers are not always very careful.
5. I am not going for Reverse parking Sensor and other extra options now.
but, would want to know if any other must have accessories I left.
Fog lamps are a great addon if you don't have them already.Try to go for brighter bulbs than the stock ones but in the stock wattage.Philips Xtreme Vision is a good upgrade in the stock 60/55w category.Any bulbs you get, remember to go for yellow rather than white.These are much more effective in the rains.
6. during my last new car purchase(tata vista qjd) back in dec 2009, I carried a PDI list print out taken. however, besides some basic things like scratches, odo kms and controls, I failed to do PDI as it is confusing for me and being in the hurry as well as the low light condition there was in the dealer premises. is a self PDI must? just going through basic PDI is fine for me. but the finer points makes it look tough! shall I hire a mechanic also?
A PDI is a must.Carry out a PDI when you have ample amounts of time and are relaxed.
Remember to carry out a PDI at the dealership just before accepting the keys and driving off as well.
7. A question which may be counted in ownership - Is it necessary to change Engine oil and filters during 1st free service at 1000-1500kms? I did it for the last car. is it really needed?
Yes, I have learnt this from experience and even experienced people in the auto industry.
During the initial run in period the strict clearances in the engine cause wear and these particles need to be drained out.
Most companies say change the oil at 10000 or 15000 kms.But if you want to have a really healthy engine.Change oil+filter at 10000kms/ 1 year if you are using synthetic oil or 5000kms/ 1 year if you are using mineral oil.
8. Does this Car(Ritz) needs frequent cleaning of Air Filter for good performance.
The cleaning of air filter depends on the conditions where you use the car.If it is dusty and windy then you need to clean the airfilter element every 1000kms and change every 5000kms.Cleaning the air filter is an easy job and can be done yourself.