Confused Between Hyundai Verna Fluidics

Thread Starter #1
Hello ,
As the title suggests I am stuck up between the fluidics ( Hyundai fluidic Verna 1.6 crdi ex and Hyundai verna 1.6vtvt sx ). Please help me choose the best option for me as per the requirements below.

Budget: under 10 lakhs
Fuel type :petrol / diesel
Purpose: purely city commuting and occasional highway use
Monthly running: less than 1000 kms.
Priorities: comfort, hassle free, low maintenance and good fe.

Thanks in advance .

What kind of roads do you drive on?If the roads are good going for a sedan is justified else you need to go for a bigger more rugged vehicle.

As for the decision between petrol and diesel,as per your drving a petrol is more suited than diesel.

For the maintenance costs I will let Verna owners comment on the same.Have PM'ed them regarding this.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
if you buy a diesel you will get mileage around 11-14kmpl in city traffic.

if you buy a petrol , i own one , you will get
8-10kmpl with AC.
10-12 kmpl w/o AC.

service.
Petrol first service was free. - 0 rupees.
diesel first service is also free - 0 rupees.

petrol second service - 1100 rupees.( engine oil and oil filter. )
diesel second service - 4000 rupees. (engine oil , oil filter , diesel filter , )

petrol third service - yet to be done.
diesel third service - same as above.

Hi pradeep.
As AHC has told about petrol, let me tell you about diesel.

As specified by you according to your monthly running petrol suits more but low fe within ciry is an issue.

In chandigarh i get around 15 to 16 kmpl with AC
In hilly area, Shimla i am getting around 13 to 15 kmpl without AC
During my Shimla- Delhi trip 2 months back i got around 21 kmpl throughout journey.

Service history:
1st: 0 rupees
2nd: 3200 rupees
3rd: expected around 4000 rupees.
Other than this my clutch master cylinder got replaced under warranty and billing was 0.
As per me i am totally satisfied with my fluidic and enjoying every bit of it. [:D]
Rest if you have any more querry you can ask.

Thread Starter #5
Hello jarpickle, thank you for your views above. The roads out here are good and the traffic is much less than Chennai. I hope petrol suits me well.

Hey all Hyundai cars and himalayan3009 thank you for your suggestions, the service cost tends to be okay with me for both petrol and diesel(as far as the information provided). The difference between the two variants is a mere 90k, and all I want is do justice to this 90k. The confusion is that should I go for petrol (save 90k,spend on fuel and i get the sx variant) which is maintenance free or should I go for diesel(a variant less,makes up the 90k in fuel) .help me out friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
The maintenance on diesel is more and the extra price that you spend now is is justified only if you drive the vehicle daily.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I agree with jarpickle. Initially I too thought that I will cover 1000kms per month but as it turns out I use it just for 500km per month since I use my other cars whenever possible.

So will this be your only car?

You can easily calculate the time it will take for you to recover that extra 90k.

When I was deciding. The time came to 5 years. That is if I spend that extra money on diesel, I will recover that Amount only after 5 years.

And don't forget the interest that you will have to pay on that extra 90k.

On the other hand , if you buy the petrol you will enjoy mote features and if you invest that 90k you can earn interest.

Don't forget besides the normal service schedule, diesel spare parts are costly. You have to do repairs for both petrol and diesel after some time.

I'll say go for the petrol if you have moderate city traffic. It will easily return a mileage of 10kmpl. (this is in delhi traffic)

Last edited:
Mileage also depends on your driving style.Just remember to take it easy during the first 1000kms, this is the brake in period of the engine.Drive at slow speeds try to keep it below 100kmph.After 1000kms change the oil then you can drive normally and cross 100 without any problems.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Petrol price - 70 rs
diesel price - 50 rs

Petrol mileage - 10kmpl
diesel mileage - 14 kmpl

Yearly commute = 10000kms

Yearly petrol spendings - 70000rs
Yearly diesel spendings - say 40000 including that extra maintenance cost.

Difference 30000. So after 3 years you will reach break even point and only after that you will benefit having a diesel.

Thread Starter #13
jarpickle I agree with you I can justify the difference if I drive at regular basis. Okay then I think it's better to go with petrol. Ya jarpickle I will definitely follow the run-in until first oil change.[:)]

allhyundaicars I suppose our riding distance will be almost the same so I'd go with your decision.[;)]

himalayan3009 you got me at that excitation factor [:D]. My first preference is black or silver and secondly comes carbon grey or white. As far as mods is concerned I have planned it well before.I shortlisted my buying to Verna,Vento in diesel and city, Verna in petrol but I fell for Verna fluidic from the day of its launch, so I couldn't think of any other car instead of this beast.

himalayan3009, allhyundaicars both your machines are awesome and the mod works done are so good.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
So what exactly is the price of both the models? when I purchased difference was 1.2 lakhs.

And thanks :) I did the mods after Himalayan did. I'm guessing you'll book a black petrol verna [;)]

Thread Starter #15
Ex variant (diesel)costs around 11 lakhs and sx variant (petrol) costs just above 10 lakhs(excluding discount offers). Ha ha ya I want black because I love the all black theme in machines [;)] allhyundaicars can you help on what discount offers to ask for and how much to bargain for the price reduction.

Top Bottom