Ford Figo (Diesel) Titanium vs Maruti Swift ZXi

Thread Starter #1
Hi All

I know what I am comparing is actually not comparable. But the comparison meant for VFM analysis and Long term ownership since both cars have similar price on road.

- Both cars with new tweaks have got good looks
- Ford Diesel engine is good and bigger but power output is still less than Swift K12 engine
- Km/l is very similar but diesel being cheaper
- Similar on road pricing for top end models
- similar features

Now question comes as a buyer that is ford figo diesel worth buying over swift petrol if keeping following points in mind
-Ownership Cost
-Technical superiority
-City + Highway driving
-Interiors/exteriors and comfort
-Resale Value/Depreciation

Please let me know your experiences or analysis.

Regards
Sumit

Hi All

I know what I am comparing is actually not comparable. But the comparison meant for VFM analysis and Long term ownership since both cars have similar price on road.

Regards
Sumit

The same question was arise for me also when I was planning to purchase a car 2 years before. I also did compare between Figo (D) with Petrol Swift and I20 (P).
Then felt that if I am going to spend the same money, then why not I should go for diesel and I went for Figo(D). So far so good, no issue yet.

Well you cannot compare Apples and Oranges.

The ideal comparison should be Figo Titanium vs Swift VDI ABS.

But if you ask my opinion, you should go with Ford Figo, it is extremely VFM package.

As you rightly mentioned, both these products aren't the same to compare. Yet, just to answer your questions...

- Both cars with new tweaks have got good looks - Subjective. IMO, both the facelifts aren't any great.
- Ford Diesel engine is good and bigger but power output is still less than Swift K12 engine - Not a right comparison to do. A Diesel Engine is way different from petrol in all means.
- Km/l is very similar but diesel being cheaper - Not truly the case anymore with the price difference narrowing down. But, considering that the Price of Figo Diesel is at par with Swift Petrol, it's fine.
- Similar on road pricing for top end models - That's something really MS has to think about [frustration] I always wonder on what basis they do justify this price. Note: Though the price factor is same, you yet don't get some features like Bluetooth etc. in Swift. How sad...
- similar features - I don't think so. Just have a second look with A2A comparison, in terms of quality too.

Now question comes as a buyer that is ford figo diesel worth buying over swift petrol if keeping following points in mind
-Ownership Cost - Petrol & Diesel aren't the same in terms of overall ownership cost.
-Technical superiority - At par.
-City + Highway driving - No question, it's Figo.
-Interiors/exteriors and comfort - No question, it's Figo.
-Resale Value/Depreciation - Probably Swift. Moreover, it depends on individual requirement. BTW, how does it matter in your case? Are you planning for a car for just less than 5 years?

Regards
Sumit

Then felt that if I am going to spend the same money, then why not I should go for diesel and I went for Figo(D). So far so good, no issue yet.
Agree with you.Diesel will save lot of your money.

Agree with you.Diesel will save lot of your money.
Congrats on your purchase of Figo (D). My previous car was Figo (D) a good VFM car. I did 25k kms in Figo in a year I liked its turbo lag free engine was gem to ride in city but I felt under powered on highways.

Top Bottom