Is TATA Indica eV2 a Good Hatch For Local Use?

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,
My friend is in need of a hatch for 4lakhs and these are the requirements he need in it.

1. Comfortable seating.
2. Low maintenance.
3. Weekly use of 700km.
4. Budget 4 lakhs.
5. Seating capacity of 2 to 3 adults.
6. Power searing with AC.

And he has kept TATA Indigo eV2 in his mind. Will it come in this budget?
Please come out with open statements.

Our Member Alexdas will be the correct person to answer your query. As per my knowledge, eV2 ex showroom price itself comes above 4.5 lakhs here in Kerala. Since Bs3 vehicles have no restriction here, Indica V2 available here @ Rs.4.1 lakh on road.
for your requirement numbers 1,5 & 6, ev2 is matching and where 2& 3, i really doubt after 3 years.

Thread Starter #3
Thankyou for your kind reply.
Then what type of problem will it cause after 3 years?

Is it ok to go for Hyundai Eon then?

For a weekly run of 700 km, you need a diesel car, else it would be expensive to run a petrol car.

Indica eV2 is a perfect fit for your friend. It is very cheap to maintain. If you are not in metro limits buy the NA/TDI BS3 diesel version.

Eon is petrol model, had less space and maintenance charge will be high. For this much huge monthly run i suggest only diesel. The diesel models available in below 5 lakhs are
1. Indica v2/ev2
2. Vista Tdi? (not sure)
3. Chevrolet beat

if you can extend the budget little more then you have

1. Ritz Ldi
2. Vista

as per the taxi drivers indica V2 is good for only 100K Km/3 years and about ev2, i am not sure.

Last edited:
Guys i am not able to update my post because whenever i am clicking my post it is signing out.
But here i am able to post the message.i think you all got my point.
Mods please help me.

Eon is petrol model and for this much huge monthly run i suggest only diesel. The diesel models available in below 5 lakhs are
1. Indica v2/ev2
2. Vista Tdi? (not sure)
3. Chevrolet beat

1. Ritz Ldi
2. Vista

as per the taxi drivers indica V2 is good for only 100K Km/3 years and about ev2, i am not sure.
By eV2 if you mean the CR4, yes its a good engine for long run, but very expensive to maintain. You have to use synthetic oil also, like QJT (Fiat) engines. So it is not suited as a taxi engine in long run.

For taxi stick to NA Diesel/TDI engines. Yes Vista is available in TDI engine.

Thread Starter #8
For a weekly run of 700 km, you need a diesel car, else it would be expensive to run a petrol car.

Indica eV2 is a perfect fit for your friend. It is very cheap to maintain. If you are not in metro limits buy the NA/TDI BS3 diesel version.
Thanks for your reply friend. Yes diesel will be suitable for long runs.

As he is in metro, he has to go only for BS4.

Eon is petrol model, had less space and maintenance charge will be high. For this much huge monthly run i suggest only diesel. The diesel models available in below 5 lakhs are
1. Indica v2/ev2
2. Vista Tdi? (not sure)
3. Chevrolet beat

1. Ritz Ldi
2. Vista

Thankyou for your reply mate.
This is his first car and he can afford only 4Lakhs and not more than that.
I will surly suggest the one you have said and let him take his own decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom