Buying New Hyundai i10: Questions and Concerns

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys, please help me.

I have just paid Rs10000 booking for an i10 Magna which I will be getting in the next 4-5 days.

In return I am part exchanging my Santro.

Now they (Hyundai) told me that they will give me a letter saying that they take full responsibility for the car from the day I hand it over.

Now I have been told by my insurance company that this letter is not worth anything and I am responsible for everything that happens until the RC book gets changed.

Hyundai refuse to change the book now (as they already have my money). So what do I do now.

Anybody please help.

Ps I got screwed on the accessories, too late to complain now, My fault.[frustration][anger][cry]

Re: Hyundai i10 Exchange Note. Need Help.

They can not change anything on the RC book until they find a buyer for your car.

If it is in company head letter, then it may save you from any legality (though I am not sure). But I am not sure how insurance claim will be forfeited.

Thread Starter #3
My Deal: Good or Bad?

Hi

I have booked a i10 Magna 1.2 metallic color

The deal I got was
Cost price was Rs 501034

Free Insurance Rs 12827

Free Gift cheque Rs 9000

Part exchange for my car Rs870000 (my car is a 12.5 year old santro with 70000 km on the clock)

So on the road I have to pay Rs 392207

They are giving me free floor mats, mud flaps, paint protective coating, under body coating , rain guard and a mp3 player (very basic which they say costs 5000 but i googled and found for 2200)

I know its too late to do anything about it, but for my sanity is my deal good, bad or average.
Thanks

Ps how do I know if they really have given me paint protective coating, under body coating.

Last edited:
Re: My deal good or bad

Hope you said 87000 for the Santro :-)

No exchange/loyalty bonus ? I feel the discounts should be higher. Get accessoroes from outside if not given free from showroom (including ICE)

All the best,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #5

Hope you said 87000 for the Santro :-)

No exchange/loyalty bonus ? I feel the discounts should be higher. Get accessoroes from outside if not given free from showroom (including ICE)

All the best,
Anshuman
Thanks, I did mean 87000 , they valued my car at 67000 and gave me a 20000 exchange bonus.

My car was valued by two other workshops whom I know really well at between 80 and 85000.

What do you think about my freebies, was a bit disapointed by the MP3 player, but they were firm that this is the best the are prepared to do.

Besides the gears pads/discs are nearly worn on my Santro (according to my workshop) so if I leave it too long it may be a problem.

Thanks, I did mean 87000 , they valued my car at 67000 and gave me a 20000 exchange bonus.

My car was valued by two other workshops whom I know really well at between 80 and 85000.

What do you think about my freebies, was a bit disapointed by the MP3 player, but they were firm that this is the best the are prepared to do.

Besides the gears pads/discs are nearly worn on my Santro (according to my workshop) so if I leave it too long it may be a problem.
Now the deal looks to be better, push for some freebies. 67K for a 2001 Santro is OK.

You could have sell the car to individual /other workshops they mention 85K and you can contact your SA and ask for exchange price by giving the copy of old car RC. they only required is that RC copy to avail exchange bonus. This is the practice here all ASS follows.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

You could have sell the car to individual /other workshops they mention 85K and you can contact your SA and ask for exchange price by giving the copy of old car RC. they only required is that RC copy to avail exchange bonus. This is the practice here all ASS follows.
The workshops valued the car at that amount, but they were not prepared to buy it.

They said if you are selling the car you should get around this much.

exchange bonus should be 25k so bargain for that, get the final amount of your car + exchange more from the dealer.Any dealer would try to vaulate lesser for your car.
Also if you are not looking for basic audio setup, try to get the cash discount on your accessory from the dealer, as the package of whole they would show of giving you 15k accessories free but would deduct some 9k to 10k as their incurred cost and not mrp.
See if you have any other dealer there and compare the deals offerring.
Btw what shade you are opting for?

Thread Starter #10

exchange bonus should be 25k so bargain for that, get the final amount of your car + exchange more from the dealer.Any dealer would try to vaulate lesser for your car.
Also if you are not looking for basic audio setup, try to get the cash discount on your accessory from the dealer, as the package of whole they would show of giving you 15k accessories free but would deduct some 9k to 10k as their incurred cost and not mrp.
See if you have any other dealer there and compare the deals offerring.
Btw what shade you are opting for?
As I said initially, I have already paid my booking amount of 10k. I did check with other dealership but their offer is far less than this.

As I have already paid the booking is there anything else I can do?
I have opted for metallic red.

i10 is not selling well. Resale is also bad. Even if you have to forfeit the 10K deposit it's worth it as you'll get better discounts. Remember never pay the booking amount until you get all the discounts/freebies that you want.

Thread Starter #12
Exchange problems

Sorry if this is the wrong section, looked around and here seemed most apt.

Tomorrow morning I am part exchanging me Santro for a new I10,

The dealer said he will give me a letter saying that he (hyundai)will take will reponsibilty for the car from then on.

I was told by my friends that this is standard procedure and there is no choice.

My insurance company says I will be responsible until the RC book gets changed, bearing in mind that I have paid for my new car already, is there anything I can do to prevent future trouble.

Thanks

Re: Exchange problems

You should get a letter on dealer letter head stating that they would be taking resposnsibility on this car till RC owner name is changed.

Re: Exchange problems

Sorry if this is the wrong section, looked around and here seemed most apt.

Tomorrow morning I am part exchanging me Santro for a new I10,

The dealer said he will give me a letter saying that he (hyundai)will take will reponsibilty for the car from then on.

I was told by my friends that this is standard procedure and there is no choice.

My insurance company says I will be responsible until the RC book gets changed, bearing in mind that I have paid for my new car already, is there anything I can do to prevent future trouble.

Thanks
In the RTO site I have seen a document as "Delivery Note" which need to be signed by both parties after taking the delivery of car and RC book transfer is not done yet.

Top Bottom