Best Diesel Automatic Car: Cruze vs. Laura vs. Elantra

Thread Starter #1
I am contemplating on buying a new diesel automatic car. Searching for different makers, I found that a reasonable 6-sp AT diesel car starts from over 10+ lacs.

The only three options being.

1. Chevrolet Cruze.
2. Hyundai Elantra
3. Skoda Laura.

Which would make more sense for transporting 5 people comfortable over long distances without fatigue?

I know Laura has a DSG which is supposedly good. But what about Cruze and Elantra?

Last edited:
1. chevrolet Cruze is good option and VFM.
2. Hyundai Elantra- I dont know about it.
3. skoda Laura- bad service.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
I am talking solely of the autobox in these cars and nothing else. I know Laura has DSG but is it efficient enough compared to the other two?

I am talking solely of the autobox in these cars and nothing else. I know Laura has DSG but is it efficient enough compared to the other two?
If you are ok with 1 segment below, please do also consider Fluidic Verna 1.6 CRDI Auto. The auto box is nice in this car.

Cruze AT, Elentra AT or Laura AT...hehe, IMO..NONE!!

Go and try out JETTA DSG, a worth buying piece of engineering it is. I have driven one and I can bet on this car.
More comfy than all, more civilized than Laura and Cruze but still has apt performance and coming to Hyundai..ehh, buy it only if you need features, none else.

If you are a fan of cruze you should go ahead with it without second thoughts, but if you go for VW JETTA is like 2 steps further from your current look out list, its an awesome machine and if its a DSG and then it has to be the VW JETTA for sure the one's who designed the DSG technology[;)]

I am contemplating on buying a new diesel automatic car. Searching for different makers, I found that a reasonable 6-sp AT diesel car starts from over 10+ lacs.

The only three options being.

1. Chevrolet Cruze.
2. Hyundai Elantra
3. Skoda Laura.

Which would make more sense for transporting 5 people comfortable over long distances without fatigue?

I know Laura has a DSG which is supposedly good. But what about Cruze and Elantra?
If you are looking for auto Diesel in this range nothing comes close to DSG in Laura, it is a bliss to drive. In manual mode you could have gone the Cruze way but, for AT Laura it is. Elantra auto transmission is not as good as these two.
However, Laura is a Skoda [confused] and Skoda A$$ is well known for its horror stories. It is sad to see great machines let down by the A$$.

Yes, Laura and Jetta using the same DSG technology.

Last edited:

Top Bottom