Want To Buy a Perfect Highway Hatch

Thread Starter #1
> Your Budget: Upto 5 lakhs

> New or Used: New

> Your Location: Tiruvannamalai

> Top Five Priorities: Safety(ABS and Airbags are must), Comfort for all 4 passengers, Low Maintenance

> Monthly Running: somewhere around 500km

> Type of Fuel: Petrol

> For What Purpose: Will be used for weekend trips; Mostly in Highways.

> Seating Capacity: 4 or 5 adults

> Type of Segment: Hatch or Sedan. But, prefer a hatchback

My dad is considering the Hyundai i10. But, the rear gets bouncy at high speeds. It's no good highway car. I am open to other suggestions also.

Hi welcome to TAI. Have a good time in this form.

One of my friend has Ritz and Liva, both perfroms well on highways.
It may fulfill your requirments, but i am not sure about its price. It may be around your budget.

Thread Starter #6
First of all, I want to appreciate you guys. Got 3 replies within 1 hour of posting including the moderation time. [clap]

Actually, We're a family of four. To be on the safer side, I posted 4 or 5 adults. Will check out Brio and reply ASAP. But, What about boot-space? IIRC, It has the least boot-space in the segment.

If you will be travelling out on the highways more, I would advise you to have a look at Fiat Punto Dynamic Petrol. Its a tank like built car, solidly put with great ride and handling. Highway manners are impeccable. And with the on going discounts , I am sure it should fit in your budget. Do have a look. Its anyday spacious than the likes of i10 and Brio. Brio I feel is a good city car, not very sure about its highway manners. i10 can be considered a good all rounder. But my vote for now goes to the Fiat Punto.

Thread Starter #8
I want something whose on-road price is lesser than 5 lakhs. If I were to buy a car with an ex-showroom price of 5 lakhs, I would have added a 50k and gone for Ford Classic, one of the best driver's cars.

I am more inclined towards i10; The ride quality is what making me to think before taking a decision. What about Tata Indica Vista?

Last edited:
Vista is also a very good and reliable car. But suggest you to get feel for all the cars that you have shorlisted. TD every car and then make a decision.

Nice suggestions by friends here,

If the price fits, then go for Sail UVA, if not go for Brio. I10 is bit cramped and bouncy to me

Except 175 ltrs of boot against 200 odds for others, Brio is the best hatchback in petrol in the market. It has best in class petrol engine which is known for best FE and Power.

Driving and handling is also superb at high speed because of its wider stance. DO take a TD before finalizing any car [;)].

Top Bottom