Buying a Second Hand Hatchback - Need Help

Thread Starter #1
Found a wagon R at maruti true value . the price is 2.75 L and the run is around 60k . maruti is offering three free services in addition to 1 year warranty .

What do experts here say ? [:)]

Re: Maruti Wagon-R 2008 @ 2.75 L - Help

try to get the deal around nothing more than 2.5lacs,also do check thoroughly each and every corner of it.whereas you got so many WAGONR's in used car market here in Hyderabad fro less price.

Thread Starter #4

try to get the deal around nothing more than 2.5lacs,also do check thoroughly each and every corner of it.whereas you got so many WAGONR's in used car market here in Hyderabad fro less price.
i guess we dont have the option of bargaining at Maruti true value , do we ? [confused]

if yes , I would try !
And do you know any reliable vehicle dealer in Hyderabad ?

The help would really be appreciated ....[:)]

I personally don't prefer buying from dealer....instead get a good mechanic with you and search by yourself,search in DC & TOI Sunday classified you get so many ads also check on OLX.
you can get details of vehicle like service history how many ppl were driving the car and all directly from the owner.we cat trust dealer they generaaly reverse the ODO around 60000-80000kms.

I feel that the vehicle is VFM, Because in Chennai it cost around 2.75 only. In addition you get 3 free services and 1 Year warranty too. It is a good deal.

Anyway congratulations for buying. :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7

Anyway congratulations for buying. :-)
Thanks mate , but not yet done !

Got a swift vxi 2008 for 3.3 L . I am desperate to buy it !

Going to get it checked by mechanic tomorrow ! [:)]

Is the price reasonable ?

Thread Starter #8
Maruti Swift VXI 2008 - 3.3 Lakhs

Hello guys , I am still pursuing my hunt for ' the one ' .

Just today found a swift vxi 2008 , 65k run vehicle , mileage 15-18 on olx here .
The owner is expecting 3.3 L [ slightly negotiable ] . Tomoroow , we are taking a mechanic to check it . The car seems to be fine .

But the problem starts with the price . Any swift model of 2008 is costing around 3.5 to 4.5 L at dealers and maruti true value .
Instant Used Car Valuation Quote | Used Car Price

But in here , I find the valuation so low . For example for the above specifications , Swift costs just 2.3L max according to this felow .
But I do not find any swifts less than 3 L .
What is this ? Am I being erroneous or what ?

Hi mate, would you please tell how much km has she done. Shift will be much comfortable than WagenR.

Is it petrol or diesel? If atall it is petrol, then it is reasonable and
see to its ODO. Please do check service history and do ful checkup with the help of your mechanic.

Thread Starter #10

it is petrol .
Swift Vxi 2008 it is !

IT has run 65k and the mileage is 15-18 in city .
The owner says the servicing was done regularly !
Going with the mechanic tomorrow !

So how do you rate the car ?

350Z

Core Team
re: Maruti Swift VXI 2008 - 3.3 Lakhs

The owner is expecting 3.3 L [ slightly negotiable ] . Tomoroow , we are taking a mechanic to check it . The car seems to be fine
The owner seems to have quite high expectations. Even a well-maintained 5 Year old Swift (That too petrol) with its fair share of running isn’t worth more than Rs.2.5 Lakh.

But the problem starts with the price . Any swift model of 2008 is costing around 3.5 to 4.5 L at dealers and maruti true value .
You will always find the price higher at dealerships because they refurbish the car and have their own margins. It’s sensible to deal with individuals to avail a better price.

But in here , I find the valuation so low . For example for the above specifications , Swift costs just 2.3L max according to this felow.
Many factors affect a car’s resale value. The automated online evaluators should be taken as just a point of reference. Post some images so that we can take a look.

But I do not find any swifts less than 3 L .
You won’t. That’s where the role of ‘negotiation’ comes in. I’m yet to see a seller who hasn’t put a car on sale with inflated price tag.

Drive Safe,
350Z

re: Maruti Swift VXI 2008 - 3.3 Lakhs

I agree with Vibhor here

An example : I sold my M800 MPI 2006 model in 2011 clocked 54K on ODO for Rs.1.2L with a news paper advertisement. When I took it to the Maruti dealers who have offered me 90k and 95k only. After I sold out the car(means took the advance) a buyer came in was ready to offer me 1.4L straight looking at the car condition, but a deal is made so I cannot break it. After I sold my car there were few friends cursed me for not informing them as they were unable to get such good car for even 1.5L. So moral of the story is as a buyer negotiate well to squeeze the price as a seller expect a higher price always(yes the online calculators spoil him) except me as I was judging its price like a insurance company[lol]

So that Swift should cost you between 2.1L to 2.5L max

Hi mate, the cost is little high, but see whether the car is in good condition. That is only very important. Please do complete check up with the help of your well known mechanic.

Thread Starter #14
Hi mate, the cost is little high, but see whether the car is in good condition. That is only very important. Please do complete check up with the help of your well known mechanic.
yea doing it tomorrow !!
Ill let you know once something turns out

Ok. Thanks for some valuable suggestions.
I would try to bargain and see he drops to 2.6 L minimum
There's an Indiaca quadrajet 2008 , run 65k and 16-20 mileage costing around 3.3 L too .

So whats it gonna be ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Maruti Swift VXI 2008 - 3.3 Lakhs

Buddy, if for every car you are going to open a new thread then it's going to be a mess. Request you to discuss all the models you wish to evaluate in a single thread.

Top Bottom