Help Me To Choose New Car from Maruti Stable

Thread Starter #1
Hello Experts and Respected Owners,

Please help me out from this situation, As the days pass by and the number of info I received from the Internet I'm now totally confused which one to choose and hence creating this thread.

My requirements / decisions are below.

1. Weekly Run - 185+ kms at minimum and it will increase as soon as we got the car.
2. First Car - Must be Maruti, Several service center belong at 10KM radius.
3. Travel needs 4 Adults (with Elderly persons) - Self Driving,
4. Cheap To maintain and trouble free ownership.
5. Will stick with the Car more than 5 years.
6. Else all other pointers which a first time buyer wants in their car.

At first I/we decided to go for Maruti WagonR LXi model but the considering the Point 1 & several other research/info changed our decisions we are now bend towards Maruti Ritz LDI/VDI model.

Reason to consider Ritz Diesel over Wagon R:-

1.Engine Power
2.Modern Looks (We Don't bother with Back)
3.Comfy Seats
4.Seating position
5.Boot Space and other Cabin space.
6.Diesel Engine.
7.True Wagon R upgrades.

Now the main dilemma in my mind as Diesel priced De - Regularize and petrol price on hold to decrease the difference between those two fuels, Is it worth to invest in Diesel family Hatchback at this point of time ?

Please let me know Is it same maintaining a Ritz (P) and Ritz (D) ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Re: Help Me To Choose A Car from Maruti Stable

Arijit

Welcome to TAI !!

With your expected kilometer running a petrol will do the job and for your requirements you can also check with Chevy Sail UV-A petrol which comes with a good warranty

If you have decided with Ritz only, then petrol does the job well but I am doubtful of its FE
Ritz diesel is a no nonsense car which is also easy on packet(I am using one since last 2 years). But before you finalise on Ritz please check its body roll as it is a tall boy design

If you are buying Ritz diesel LDI/VDI, do not forget to exchange the tyres of 165 section stock ones with a 185 section tyres for better grip on the road and reduce the body roll and for good braking experience.[:)]

HI

as per your requirements you have chosen good car, i suggest to go for Diesel & Ritz LDi as if you are going for VDi then i suggest manage for another 60K and go for Honda Amaze.

Now qus is why Diesel

even if the petrol & diesel price become equal diesel car have less running cost as there is a sharp 5km/L of difference bw Ritz petrol & Diesel.

Fiats 1.3 DDiS moter used in maruties is one the best among all available diesel engines.

mantanence cost is almost same(u can except 5-6K/year more for Diesel)

HI

as per your requirements you have chosen good car, i suggest to go for Diesel & Ritz LDi as if you are going for VDi then i suggest manage for another 60K and go for Honda Amaze.

Now qus is why Diesel

even if the petrol & diesel price become equal diesel car have less running cost as there is a sharp 5km/L of difference bw Ritz petrol & Diesel ?

Fiats 1.3 DDiS moter used in maruties is one the best among all available diesel engines.

Are you sure the maintenance cost of a diesel car and petrol car is same ? And what about the initial price difference between petrol and diesel car ?

Weekly running of 185 Kms is monthly just 740 Kms according to you how long will it take to recover the price difference of 1 lakh between petrol and diesel car ? And we are not counting the insurance here which will be again higher for a diesel car .

Last edited:

One word buy Ritz ZXi with all safety features and features adn enjoy your silent life with Ritz petrol. Diesel just doesnot makes sense here. Only if your monthly running would be going above 1400 - 1500 then only I would suggest diesel.

Looking at your monthly running go ahead for a petrol. As your monthly running is not even1000 kms as of now.

And Ritz is no nonsense car. I have driven it but it was a diesel though. It will fulfill most of your requirements and since it is a petrol you might be able to get a good discount as well.

Hi buddy. Go for petrol Ritz, that will fit for your needs. Anyway petrol and diesel are going to become as same cost, so it is better to go for petrol.

Take punto for an example both petrol's as well as diesel's services cost somewhat same, can't give breakup as i don't have details of petrol version's service.

My suggestion is to go for petrol Ritz and install CNG Kit, running cost will come down. If you dont want CNG close your eyes go for diesel RITZ

Thread Starter #12

I like to thank all of you for your valuable reply & suggestion......It really helps for newbie like me to make a decision.

Arijit

Welcome to TAI !!

With your expected kilometer running a petrol will do the job and for your requirements you can also check with Chevy Sail UV-A petrol which comes with a good warranty

If you have decided with Ritz only, then petrol does the job well but I am doubtful of its FE
Ritz diesel is a no nonsense car which is also easy on packet(I am using one since last 2 years). But before you finalise on Ritz please check its body roll as it is a tall boy design

If you are buying Ritz diesel LDI/VDI, do not forget to exchange the tyres of 165 section stock ones with a 185 section tyres for better grip on the road and reduce the body roll and for good braking experience.[:)]
As you suggested here, I presume the Car by default comes with JK Tyre , So did you mean I need to exchange the tyre at the showroom before delivery with a ZDI's tyre which is 185 in size or different brand from outside tyre shop ?

If this is the last one, Please let me know the brand ? Please let me know are they soft compound, If so are those going to be puncture magnet ?

And exchanging 5 tyre how much it is going to cost ? What are the exchange rate ?

HI

Now qus is why Diesel

even if the petrol & diesel price become equal diesel car have less running cost as there is a sharp 5km/L of difference bw Ritz petrol & Diesel.

Thank You.

One word buy Ritz ZXi with all safety features and features adn enjoy your silent life with Ritz petrol. Diesel just doesnot makes sense here. Only if your monthly running would be going above 1400 - 1500 then only I would suggest diesel.
Looking at your monthly running go ahead for a petrol. As your monthly running is not even1000 kms as of now.

And Ritz is no nonsense car. I have driven it but it was a diesel though. It will fulfill most of your requirements and since it is a petrol you might be able to get a good discount as well.
I like to add here, it will be over 1000Km for sure once we get the car - may be more.

My suggestion is to go for petrol Ritz and install CNG Kit, running cost will come down. If you dont want CNG close your eyes go for diesel RITZ
Thank you for the suggestion, but in this part of the country....there will never be a CNG option AFAIK.

Last edited:

@Arijit

If you are finalising on Ritz, then yes the tyres of LDI/VDI are 165 section and brand may be anything JK, BS, etc.,

My experience with JK are they are tough and really long lasting with some hard rubber, but they make lot of noise and not very stable on corners, high speeds and while braking not very confident inspiring, so my choice is a good tyre which has a considerable life and gives us good comfort and good grip on the road, so for such thing a not too soft and not too hard rubber one will do the job and my research says BS are very suited for such job.

But again, it is not mandatory that you need to compulsory change your tyres, incase if the new car is fitted with 165 BS tyres, then they may behave differently, so check with the any guy who is using stock BS tyres on his Ritz.

Yes, if you need to change the tyres, then have a talk with the dealer itself for exchange and check that what prices he offers for exchange, if not talk to a good tyre shop fellow and fix the thing. My personal subjective opinion here is a car like Ritz requires 185 section for good stability on the road and may be with 185 the FE may come down by 1 or 2km but it is not a big issue in front of comfort and safety. Apart from BS, michelin are good but the life is bit less due to their soft rubber compond and other choices would be Yokohama, Apollo,Nanking,hankook,MRF

I like to thank all of you for your valuable reply & suggestion......It really helps for newbie like me to make a decision.

I like to add here, it will be over 1000Km for sure once we get the car - may be more.

Thank you for the suggestion, but in this part of the country....there will never be a CNG option AFAIK.
If it will be + 1000 then go for diesel , ritz is good car practical and no nonsense .
Take punto for an example both petrol's as well as diesel's services cost somewhat same, can't give breakup as i don't have details of petrol version's service.
See when we suggest something to some one we must provide him with data so he can find it easy to make a decision .

These are the details of Punto 1.4 petrol service.

Engine oil -2346
oil filter- 182
Airfilter - 357
fuel filter- 456
coolant - 733
wiremesh filter - 48

These are the approx parts/consumables required in the second service of punto petrol ( would soon give exact details) .
Which comes out to be some 4122 bucks and 5200(sure as i own one) bucks is the cost of second service of punto MJD.

Thanks @Raja forcing me to avail the details.[clap]

Last edited:

Top Bottom