Buying a Car Under Rs.4.5 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
hello everyone ! ! i am really confused ! ! guide me ! should i buy a new car or a used car ? budget is around 4-4.5 lakhs ! wagonr is available in this range ( with CNG) @4.6lkhs. monthly running is around 2500 km (daily up down from delhi to gurgaon) so need a CNG car. confused whether to go with wagonr CNG or should go with a used car / i will get a good condition swift or i20 (witch cng )within this price range. so guide me !!!!! or if there is any other option tell me that too..[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
2500 km monthly means you should buy a new car. used car for this much usage may let you to do frequent service center visits and increased maintenance expense.

With that much of running you need a new car, CNG in that price range and nothing better then Waggie.Best is its a company fitted cng kit with double valve timing with superb FE it delivers.Look no other alternative then wagonR cng variant mate, suits your needs perfectly and is a good city commute car from maruti stable.You would get good discounts as well on WagonR.

2500 per month warrants for a CNG/Diesel car.

Apart from Wagon R CNG, please consider these vehicles also :

1. Beat D
2. Vista LS TDI
3. Figo D

Cheers,
Anshuman

hello everyone ! ! i am really confused ! ! guide me ! should i buy a new car or a used car ? budget is around 4-4.5 lakhs ! wagonr is available in this range ( with CNG) @4.6lkhs. monthly running is around 2500 km (daily up down from delhi to gurgaon) so need a CNG car. confused whether to go with wagonr CNG or should go with a used car / i will get a good condition swift or i20 (witch cng )within this price range. so guide me !!!!! or if there is any other option tell me that too..[:)]
@karansetiya If mileage is priority concern above anything else, you will be wise enough to choose new car. For starters @anshuman8 has suggested good ones. Now, it really depends on your TD and then after that you are prepared to compromise on specs/details.

How long do you wish to keep the car? If this is a stop gap car and you'd buy a better one later then I'd suggest you to look for Swifts, Lancers and OHCs and plonk a CNG kit in them. If you are looking to keep the car for long then obviously a new car makes sense. In this case you might have a look at WagonR. Also, if you can stretch by sat 50K then have a look at Beat D and Figo D base models.

Thread Starter #10
but i have heard DIESEL cars aftr a certain time need so much maintenance ! n their life is usually less... i have heard same fr CNG cars too but CNG is cheaper so i should going with CNG is a bttr idea ? no ?

but i have heard DIESEL cars aftr a certain time need so much maintenance ! n their life is usually less... i have heard same fr CNG cars too but CNG is cheaper so i should going with CNG is a bttr idea ? no ?
New gen diesel car's maintenance is at par with petrol vehicles. Cost of few spares are more but otherwise same. I do not have much idea about CNG maintenance, so other members can enlighten upon this.

Hi

you can get brand new BEAT diesel at 4.5 then why going for CNG, i have 2 cars one is Santro CNG and Dzire Diesel & diesel car is same in over all running cost as that of the CNG. i suggest not to go for maruti' 1.0L petrol engine as these new engines not good when running on CNG, specially when AC is on. if planning for CNG then go 4 i10 1.1 company fitted CNG

Last edited:
Hi

you can get brand new BEAT diesel at 4.5 then why going for CNG, i have 2 cars one is Santro CNG and Dzire Diesel & diesel car is same in over all running cost as that of the CNG. i suggest not to go for maruti' 1.0L petrol engine as these new engines not good when running on CNG, specially when AC is on. if planning for CNG then go 4 i10 1.1 company fitted CNG
Please don't use SMS language here.

1. Who told you that Maruti's 1.0l engine are not good on CNG? My A/Cs teacher have WagonR LXI CNG and till date he had no issues with the car, i have driven his i found little bit power loss when we switch on A/c nothing else.

2. Hyundai i10 don't come with Company fitted CNG its dealer fitted CNG kit, if you want to go with i10 rather go with 1.2 Magna

Please don't use SMS language here.

1. Who told you that Maruti's 1.0l engine are not good on CNG? My A/Cs teacher have WagonR LXI CNG and till date he had no issues with the car, i have driven his i found little bit power loss when we switch on A/c nothing else.

2. Hyundai i10 don't come with Company fitted CNG its dealer fitted CNG kit, if you want to go with i10 rather go with 1.2 Magna
1. [:D]I am not using any SMS language, its only you who have issue in understanding it.

2.[clap] if you want to go for Maruti then GO, but dear i have driven both models of wagon R, earlier 1.1L wagon R & new 1.0L wagon R. earlier model will run very good while new 3 cylinder not able to run when there is 3 people with AC on.

3. for i10 have you see that i have mentioned 1.1 NOT 1.2. going for 1.2 does not make any sense as you can own a diesel car with almost same price.

4. Just go to Hyundai dealer & ask for CNG cars they show you all models with extra 54K to 60K for CNG with FULL WARRENTY with CNG.[clap]

you can get brand new BEAT diesel at 4.5
Are you sure new Beat D can be had for 4.5L. Care to share the source or dealer that is offering it at this price.

if planning for CNG then go 4 i10 1.1 company fitted CNG
here's your SMS lingo, though a small one, but pointing it as you were not able to see it. [;)]

Top Bottom