Hyundai i20 Magna (O) Diesel OR Honda Amaze Diesel SMT

Thread Starter #1
Hi
i have purchased new swift dzire in last nov & now one of my close friend want to buy a diesel car. i advise him not to go 4 Dzire as i am not happy with the high speed stability & breaking of car. now he shortlisted i20 magna(O) Diesel & Honda Amaze diesel SMT. i am also confused in these two as

i 20 +

1. interior is much batter then Amaze.
2. have reliable engine.
3. good breaks.
4. can get immediate. no waiting list.

120 -

1. less space then amaze.
2. less fuel efficiency, around 4 km less.
3. price.
4. i20 is a hatchback while amaze is sedan(big car feel).

Amaze +

1. smooth engine power delivery
2. best in class space.
3. efficient engine
4. Honda brand image

amaze -

1. noisy engine (little more noisy then i20's)
2. basic interior
3. long waiting list

plz give your vote for these two cars.[:)]

Re: i20 magna(O) Diesel or Honda Amaze diesel SMT

Go with Amaze man, it is a fresh chick in the market and backed with Honda reliability.

I has excellent space inside and nice seating position

Re: i20 magna(O) Diesel or Honda Amaze diesel SMT

@parveen, appreciate your honesty while suggesting your friend. Ask him to take a detailed test drive of both with an open mind and then decide. Though Amaze might be a good car, at this moment would accept it with a pinch of salt as its diesle engine's prowess is yet to be proven in real life Indian conditions.

I would suggest you to go for Amaze as it is a sedan, and my guess Honda cannot go wrong with this model / engine.

Globally Honda is more reliable than Hyundai

Thread Starter #7
Thanks to all for vote .. but due to long waiting list (As my friend is purchasing this car for his parents on there marriage anniversary & its today) & less feature list Amaze is out of the contest. i also meet a guy who last year buy a Dzire diesel & recently buys a Amaze diesel & after driving amaze for 3 weeks he says dzire is good in everything except space & mileage, that thing is also make us to go 4 i20.

He got his i20 Sports(D) last evening with lot of features but he says he always miss space & mileage of amaze.

Congrats for your friend for his I20, which color it is ?? is he also a member on the forum, if not takes some pics and post them here with OTR price

I agree definitely lots of waiting on AMAZE but your friend has finalized so congrats. Decision making is a hard part [;)]

Hi Parveen.

Congrats to your friend for his new ride.

can you please throw some light onyour below statement in earlier post

i also meet a guy who last year buy a Dzire diesel & recently buys a Amaze diesel & after driving amaze for 3 weeks he says dzire is good in everything except space & mileage'

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
I meet one of my family friend, they are 3 brothers & have 3 cars out of 3 they have to replace old indica diesel & honda city. so they replace these two with swift dzire & in last month Indica with honda Amaze. he have to drive lot & most of the time on local village & towns so when he use Amaze for three weeks he says following difference

1. when drive them from 0 to 5 th gear honda is little fast but in gear acceleration oh dzire is much more then Amaze so overtaking in Dzire is easy.

2. he found that dzire is more fun to drive then Amaze.

3. Amaze have 25 more horse power but while he drive he does not feel any difference in these two, he feel difference only on paper.

4. Dzire have turbo leg under 2000 rpm while no such issue in Amaze, but after 2000 rpm dzire feel like a rocket.

5. Size of wheel rim is same in both 14" but over all height of dzires wheel is more so help in bad roads.

6. when come to the interior dzire is give a rich feel, Amaze looks class below dzire.

7. in brakes amaze is above dzire.

8. Amaze's engine not feel as smooth as dzires 1.3 multijet.

9. engine noise is little more inside cabin & feel even when car is at 100kmh while in dzire above 40 there is no engine noise in cabin.

10. dzire gives 19km/L in AC on while Amaze 21km/L with AC on.

11. Amaze have amazing space inside cabin & in boot. but rear seat is little low in height.

12. while driving there two he feel dzire give big car like feel as compare to Amaze.

13, gear shift of dzire is smooth then Amaze.

i also own a dzire DDis VDi & also drven Amaze few times & feel that these 2 have there own qualities, i love the smooth & fun to drive factor of Dzire & also like the good mileage of Amaze(As you all kow in India 1st thing is DATI KITNA HAI).

so in my opinion both are good & all depends up on the taste of driver. while i20 is a car with a difference & not for those who looks for resale value & mileage.

Nice comparison buddy !! I am glad to learn more from you since you own a Dzire and drove Amaze.

Please little elobarate on points 7, 11

I have not driven Amaze but seen one in flesh and driven the Dzire, I strongly feel Dzire rear seat is not spacious as Amaze

Thread Starter #13
Congrats for your friend for his I20, which color it is ?? is he also a member on the forum, if not takes some pics and post them here with OTR price
First i want to say thanks & He go for white color, he scared [roll]of the 46 temp of gurgaon so chose white as his last car is ford figo in black color & he says that in summer session it heats like oven so now he goes for white. in next few days i will post pic of new car.

Nice comparison buddy !! I am glad to learn more from you since you own a Dzire and drove Amaze.

Please little elobarate on points 7, 11

I have not driven Amaze but seen one in flesh and driven the Dzire, I strongly feel Dzire rear seat is not spacious as Amaze
Honda give ABS as standard fitment for all diesel variants & also gives wider tyre of 175 as compare to 165(LDi,VDI) of dzire. while dzire only have ABS in top model ZDI with 185 width tyre. when dzire crosses 120 kmh you can't apply sudden brakes in lower models, if you apply sudden brakes it may skid or goes out of way while Amaze feel stable at high speed brakes.

When looks for space honda use very clever way, they remove each thing that is not necessary so that make more space, even make seats very thin & push rear seat back rest under boot to get 4-5" more space inside cabin that is the game changer when comes to space. while seats of dzire is more comfortable but suzuki make them more thick then actual requirement.

Thats really one good comparison parveen.

-I have heard that there are lot more blind spots in Dzire becasue of the pillers. since Gurrala and you both have driven Dzire. What do you guys think about this??

-Also Guys What is it exactly about that of the Brakes of Dzire everyone talks about it.??

@Parveen

About brakes you are right, yes the tyres of those 165 section are not enough for proper braking, if you feel that in dzire, then just think of my Ritz, complete unstable and heavy body roll. So technically 185s are good for them and may be for FE and price wise Maruti installed those 165s. So going for 185 is not upsize but proper size in LDI/VDI as I feel. ABS seems to be good on Amaze as I have not driven one.

But as pointed out by parth here, the brakes in my Ritz are good and I can confidently stop even there is no ABS but I use that stop and release method. Since new swifts have some brake problems, so as dzire too ??

Yes rear space management is very clever in Amaze when you compare with Dzire and I always felt the space is little cramp in Dzire/swift

Top Bottom