Looking For Hatchback Under 5.5 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi all ,
I am bit confused about choosing my first car..
Here is my requirements:

1. Family Hatchback
2. Solid Body and low maintenance cost
3. average use about 500-600 kms in city and weekend highways
4. Budget is 5 to 5.5 lakh
5. Mostly used for family travel of 2+ 1 child
6. Good ASS
7. Safety

I have thought about MS Ritz/ Swift/Figo/i10/ petrol models as per my usage kms.
If RITZ then which VXI / ZXI ? does the vxi also have new face uplift like VDI models.

Please provide your suggestion to decide as i am looking forward to buy in next 1- 2 month.

Hi Ashish, Welcome to TAI.
First of all, given your monthly requirements, it is purely petrol requirement. Given that its petrol, remove Figo from the list as it does not have a competitive engine.

TD the following and let us know your feedback:
1) Brio
2) Swift (followed by Ritz)
3) Liva
4) i10

I am asking you to TD them as arm chair research often fail to point out individual requirements which TD often bring out.

Thread Starter #3
@ chayan
Thanks for yoru suggestion.
yes I will go for TD this weekend for Swift and Ritz both ?

what about Liva i heard they have launched new sporty model , the old one doesnt have good interior that is i am laready aware about.

Don't miss the best petrol engine IVTEC[:)]. Do take test drive of BRIO, for a small family it's amazing because of 175 ltrs of boot space against 200 odds of competitors.

Driving and handling of car is awesome as i am currently owning after lots of research.[clap]

... Given that its petrol, remove Figo from the list as it does not have a competitive engine...
Can you please explain a bit in-depth as to why Figo's petrol engine is not competitive? Do you mean to say it's 'incompetent'?[confused]

Thanks

Can you please explain a bit in-depth as to why Figo's petrol engine is not competitive? Do you mean to say it's 'incompetent'?[confused]

Thanks
'incompetent' [:)] - more like HR talk.

No petrol Figo lacks power and is also FE is not that great. Honda iVTEc and Suzuki's K series is much better and in that order.

Just watch the sales figures of Figo..more than 90% of it is Diesel sales.

Hi Ashish,

Welcome to TAI. As already people have mentioned the segment you are trying to buy is loaded with options.

Please take TD of all possible cars, then decide pros and cons.

Happy hunting

Anshuman

Top Bottom