Wagon-R or K series Estilo?

Thread Starter #1
Hey folks.
An uncle of mine intends to buy a small car. We are Maruti loyalist and look at no other stables. :lol!:

We are in a dilemma as which to choose between wagonR and K series Estilo. I am personally inclined towards the Estilo and am vouching for it (since it has the new K series). Went for a spin in friends wagonR yesterday and was blown over by the sheer practicality of the car. Must admit I came out very impressed. This leaves me even more confused. The only reason I am inclined towards Estilo is because of the K series engine. If wagonR is coming out anytime soon with K series, I am willing to jump the boat. We are prepared to wait for a few months if K series WagonR is launched any time soon. All I hear is wagonR is to be given a heart transplant, but none answers as to when it will happen. Anyone with info, please help us out.

PS: Its a family of two. Husband and wife. Driving is mostly by me only and occasionlly by my uncle. The final decision rests with me, what I opt for is what we buy. He has given me the liberty to choose.

WagonR will surely be coming with the Kseries engine with minor facelifts, in the wake of the Sticter emission norms which will be enforced from April2010 onwards. Even Estilo is a nice car, but if you are more inclined towards WagonR you will have to wait for some more time(No expected dates). Let the new WagonR arrive, if you likeit you can go ahead and book it and if you dont you can get current WagonR at a much discounted rates.

If you are in love with the practicality of the Wagon R, then like Akash says ... wait a couple of months ... the Wagon R will be out with the K-heart in anticipation of the new emission norms soon. And the sneak previews seem to indicate that the vehicle looks more like the Wagon R than the current Wag R!!
And well, the K series will also hit the Alto soon.
And then you will have to choose a K series from the Alto, Wag R, A-Star, Ritz and the Swift!!
And my advice finally always remains ... when you have eliminated all others logically, among the remaining, go with your heart!!

350Z

Core Team
I wouldn't personally prefer the Zen Estilo in comparison to Wagon-R. As Maruti Wagon-R is due for an upgrade I would suggest you to take a look at Maruti Rtiz, It's a much practical and fresh option among both the cars which you've selected.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Agree with 350Z. You should give the Ritz and the newly launched K12 Swift a thought. The pics of the new WagonR(if they are genuine) are already there on net. Even the ACI issue carried the pics of the soon to be launced wagonr which doesnt look appealing at all. If you take my personal opinion, i find the current gen WagonR much better in looks.

Comparing both the cars New Estilo is more stylish & fresh at heart.

But do wait for sometime (if you can really) for the Wagon R.

Wagon R will be launched sometime in April 2010.

350Z

Core Team
Comparing both the cars New Estilo is more stylish & fresh at heart.

But do wait for sometime (if you can really) for the Wagon R.

Wagon R will be launched sometime in April 2010.
It should probably launch by march itself as new emission norms will come to force in April.

EDIT: This is the picture of New Wagon-R, Continue discussion here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Yes. Its said that stricter emission norms is applicable from 2010 April.

But Maruti can have its own time to release the vehicles.

Because they just launched Eeco.

New swift will be released within Feb 2010.

Still they have Alto, Wagon R, Omni, Dzire & 800.

Few beleived sources of mine tells that it will take sometime before launching all these models. Atleast a month between each model.

350Z

Core Team
Maruti 800 and Omni will be discontinued in major cities where Euro-IV Emissions will be applicable, what remains is Swift, Wagon-R and Alto. Maruti being wise and a volume player won't take risk to launch updated models in long intervals after April.

So, If Sachin can wait till March probably, Wagon-R could be considered otherwise, Currently Maruti Ritz fits best if there is no issue in digesting the looks. Personally, I find Ritz to be much smarter looking model than Estilo and Wagon-R.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes. Ritz is definitely good car when compared to Estilo.

But is it really worth the price tag comparision ?

Estilo top end comes to 4.13 Lakhs

Wagon R top end comes to 4.05 Lakhs

Ritz top end comes to 5.03 Lakhs

But I hope his budget is close to 4 to 4.5 lakhs.

@Sachin- You may also take the Swift into consideration which will now have the same K12 engine as of Maruti Ritz.

On a concluding note, i would suggest you to wait for a month for these new launches.

350Z

Core Team
Yes. Ritz is definitely good car when compared to Estilo.

But is it really worth the price tag comparision ?

Estilo top end comes to 4.13 Lakhs

Wagon R top end comes to 4.05 Lakhs

Ritz top end comes to 5.03 Lakhs

But I hope his budget is close to 4 to 4.5 lakhs.
Ritz is pricey but over all better than the other two products. However, If budget is a concern, take a look at Chevrolet Beat as well. One of a fantastic product from Chevrolet's house. Check our Road Test Report here : Chevrolet Beat Detailed Road Test Report.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Yes, I read that statement but after a TD their mind may change? :wink:
Ritz and Beat are much better and worth considerable products than Wagon-R or Estilo.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom