Need Help On Making a Used Car Choice

Thread Starter #1
Friends,
logging to my fav site after a long time. Need some help from the experts here.
I have been looking for a used car, and choosing on SX4 Zxi, to be very specific.

I was eyeing a linea, optra, but looking at the resale values, dropped both of those options.

Now, took two test drives of the vehicles today, and checked 3.

1st: Zxi, 2008 model with leather upholstery, silver color, has done 50k, 2nd owner officially.
positives: rides good, chilling A/C, clean car, small scratches on front and back which are sortable. interiors clean, tires in fantastic condition, almost new.
negatives:little stucky gears, may be i needed to go full press on clutch, but found it little difficult,left door upon closing has small rattle.

2nd: Zxi, 2008 model with 38k, steel grey.
positives: less mileage.
negatives: didnt like the interiors, not well maintained, didnt test drive.

3rd: zxi, 2007 dec with 33k.
positives: drives nice, little better than #1, covered by carnation and offered service and warranty for 1 year.
negatives: lot of scratches, some claims on the insurance before, AC was just ok, wife not excited about it, tires not great, may not last 10k.

Now, i need your help with deciding on the price to be paid. for #1 and #3, the quoted prices are in range of 4.5 lakhs. My counter has been 3.8.

#1 is where i am more interested in.

I am hoping to hear back from the dealer and if things work out, take my mechanic and do a proper checkup for the vehicle.

Can you please guide me with the price, and what care needs to be taken in making this decision.

Last edited:
Re: Need help with making a choice

I'll say go for the 1st one. Checkout the service records, insurance claim. Check if all the paperworks are with done properly and are with owner. And one last thing, its always good to have a mechanic with you to check the car, he is more knowledgeable and can tell you more pros/cons of the particular car.

Re: Need help with making a choice

The 1st one should go around 3.5- 3.75 lacs (You will be 3rd owner)

The 3rd one should not more than 3.4 lacs by any point. I doubt the odo must have been reset, Carnation is very good at it !!!

Happy hunting.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #6
guys, thx for responding. Didnt get a chance to login today, and was expecting some more responses, but neverthless. my duty to update the thread back.
i have finalized the deal at 3.9 with complete service, washing, upholstery cleaning and waxing to be done. small touch-up work for scratches etc would be taken care.
BTW i felt that i could have saved another 10k on this deal, but nevertheless [glasses]
did another test drive today, and tested all the electrical. got my mechanic to check it thoroughly, and he was very satisfied, with engine and under-body. overall the car is in great shape, and 50k on the odo shouldnt be a botheration.
taking the delivery on Tuesday. will post photos etc afterwards.

Last edited:
guys, thx for responding. Didnt get a chance to login today, and was expecting some more responses, but neverthless. my duty to update the thread back.
i have finalized the deal at 3.9 with complete service, washing, upholstery cleaning and waxing to be done. small touch-up work for scratches etc would be taken care.
BTW i felt that i could have saved another 10k on this deal, but nevertheless [glasses]
did another test drive today, and tested all the electrical. got my mechanic to check it thoroughly, and he was very satisfied, with engine and under-body. overall the car is in great shape, and 50k on the odo shouldnt be a botheration.
taking the delivery on Tuesday. will post photos etc afterwards.
Congrats on the deal.
3.9 seems to be justified for Bangalore, I hope this is the 1st car you mentioned.
Was this a co-leased vehicle transferred to the owner later?

Post some pictures once you get the car.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #8
thx anshuman. yes, as i said, i too feel that i could have saved a little more by haggling but the dealer was very fair and the deal went very well. Yes this is the first vehicle in the list of three which i saw.
The car is coming in tomorrow. I am waiting on it. [:D]
will share the pics.

Top Bottom