Help Needed To Buy a Car in Hyderabad

Thread Starter #1
hello guys
I need to buy a car in hyderabad and it should cost around 2L in seconds . The thing is I have learnt driving very recently and do not want to take any risk buying a new car and dashing it against something [ where I'd end up hitting my head [frustration] ]
So I want a car so that I would become perfect in driving and after 1-2 yrs . I would sell it off and planning to go for an SUV !
I think since I am an novice , a car with good mileage and low maintenence would fulfill my purpose !
Please suggest ! [:)]

If petrol, you could go for used Alto. If you can stretch your budget i10 can also be considered.
I wouldn't recommend a used diesel car for a budget of 2L. Even if you could manage to find one , it may not be of great shape.

Thread Starter #3
Well the problem with alto is that it does not suit my personality . We are all heavy personalities with a decent height . We are thinking of Wagon R . Are there any other suggestions !?

I think even a santro will also suffice, along with the Wagan R. You can also try to have any fiat palio you would definitely get it cheaper than most of the cars available in the market and some repair work would make it good to go. One of my friend sold his palio to buy S10, and believe me buddy it was a looker.

Thread Starter #6
I vote for a wagonR which will fit perfectly for your needs and driving it is a pleasure and easy on pocket too[:)]
thank you .

What would be the latest model of Wagon-R that would be available for 1.5 - 2L in Hyderabad? In OLX , I am seeing 2004-06 models around 1.75 L . Are they affordable ?

Thread Starter #7
I think even a santro will also suffice, along with the Wagan R. You can also try to have any fiat palio you would definitely get it cheaper than most of the cars available in the market and some repair work would make it good to go. One of my friend sold his palio to buy S10, and believe me buddy it was a looker.
Ok , thanks

Even i am thinking of palio , but wouldn't spare parts be a problem?

And what are the cons that I have to see for PAlio in hyderabad ?

I think the present new model is price is between 4.5 to 5 lacs, hence for 2 lakhs you will get a 4 to 6 years old model[:)]

Sincerely i would suggest for a new car like ALTO - K10, Alto - 800, I10 in order i wrote , if you still want to buy old used car go for ALTO it is a very good overall vehicle with spares availability and many things u could do yourself.

In a city Like Hyderabad it is difficult to get good secondhand cars, try the mahindra used cars at Hitech city and True value at miyapur.
also u can try a roadside dealer just before hitech city fly over while travelling from JNTU towards Hitech city.

But strictly go for secondhand if you know thoroughly about cars

Ok , thanks

Even i am thinking of palio , but wouldn't spare parts be a problem?

And what are the cons that I have to see for PAlio in hyderabad ?
It could be a problem in hyderabad, but trust me buddy you'll get plenty of helping hands once you own a fiat. We recently shipped a whole engine to chennai, to help a fiatian.
Exclusive fiat service station are coming up after break up with tata. So don't worry about spares.

One more thing buddy, once you start driving a fiat you'll hardly be able to drive any other car[lol].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Thanks all

And how is Esteem and baleno ?

Any problems with that !?

Also thinking of Tata indigo

Basically these cars are available at a very low price. Are there any maintenance problems for Indigo ?

Last edited:

Top Bottom