Used Swift VXI 2007 @ Rs.2 Lakh. Buy or Not?

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am going for my first case, one of my friend have Swift VXi 2007 model , price quoted as 2L. car is in good condition. no accidential record. Army person.

Is it worth to go for this deal? Need your advise.?
I would like to know what is difference between model 2007 vs latest model.

What is the mileage? I feel 2L for a known and well maintained car should be a good deal (if it is around 50k mileage)

Thread Starter #3
50K distance covered.
I am also interested to know your views from point of what are other things I must check before buying?

2007 model features vxi
1. 1300cc petrol engine
2. Metal fuel tank
3. Different bumpers & tail lamps
4. early models don't have icats key

Latest model
1. 1250cc k series aluminium engine
2. Plastic fuel tank
3. Fresh interiors, exteriors
4. Problems with brakes in (lxi,vxi,ldi,vdi)
5. Icats key with built inmobilizer

Hi Lovemycar,

2L for a 2007 model is a fair deal keeping in mind Old Swift is much appealing in looks than the new one, but be very sure to get it inspected from a known source, I mean a car mechanic. Also check for any traffic dues since you say its not met wid accident I would suggest you double check from Local RTO about the car track records. Check for hypothecation (If Any). Papers & documens.

Drive Sane !!
Santosh

Thread Starter #6
Thank you All.......
I's my first car due to economical condition i have choosen this war[nothing to hide].
I keep above points in mind.

Do you think in 2L- 2007 model , there is any better deal than this?

Thank you All.......
I's my first car due to economical condition i have choosen this war[nothing to hide].
I keep above points in mind.

Do you think in 2L- 2007 model , there is any better deal than this?
2L for that car is a good deal. Specially if you know the car well. Check for the below points
1. All Original Papers (RC, insurance, Hypothecation etc) are in place.
2. Make sure the Hypothecation is removed and there is no loan on the car.
3. Check the service history to identify for problems. You can get this detail from any Maruti Service Centre too.
4. Check the tyre worn out to relate it with the mileage done.

ALL THE BEST!

Here in Karnataka. we get a form from the RTO - "B-Extract" that gives out each & every detail about the car which includes - No:of owners, owner details, any hypothication (loan etc), FC etc.

If you need to know more about that car, then just call anyone from Maruti True Value/ Hyundai Advantage/Toyota Trust etc their evaluator/sales person will check the car & give you a quote along with defects in the car. This way you get to know in detail about the car too.

2L for a 50K run 2007 Swift is justified. Hope it includes valid comprehensive insurance also.

Do check condition of tires and battery as they might have been due for change.

Go for it.As the owner quoted 2L,this Car seems to be VFM.Today morning,I saw a Swift LXI 2009 in Silver Color going for 3.5L.Car had done 46K Km.Want to have a look with this.And,I m a previous Swift owner.We too had Swift VDI 2010 and ran about 80K Km(78K Km to be precise) and sold it for 4.3L in February 2013 for Vento TDI.But,changed the tires to Michelin XM2 in July 2012 and brakes and clutch has decent amount of life.

Thread Starter #11
My Bad luck or LUCK.....

Car taken by friend who suggested me actually. Anyways I will be around Swift. [:D]

Thank you All.

Top Bottom