Hyundai i20 Asta VS Volkswagen Polo Highline (Diesel)

Thread Starter #1
Hello People.
Firstly I'd like to thankyou all for such a warm welcome at TAI.
Well, I recently sold my 2008 swift.
We are now planning a replacement to it and have shortlisted two hatchbacks.
That is ,new i20 asta 1.4 crdi or a new vw polo 1.2 highline(D)
My search is for new diesel hatchback & have shortlisted the above 2.
It would be 60% city and 40% highway driving.
I really got love struck for polo seeing its quality and built and everything and the vw logo and everything,but then i want to know whether it is good enough in driveability terms?Im talking bout diesel engine?whether it has power , taking 3cylinder into consideration, does it really affect ?and is it really too slow as it is portrayed?
And then was the time when i20 struck me.
So i need all you experts here to help me out with this thing and help me choosing between these two.
Thankyou in advance.

Re: i20 asta 1.4 crdi vs Polo 1.2 Highline(D)

@Harsh

Welcome to TAI !!

We need to know your present requirements of new car clearly to suggest one

With the background of using Swift, may be both those shortlisted models disappoint you. Is that swift petrol or diesel

Can you list the reasons for short listing these two models[:)]

Thread Starter #3

@Harsh

Welcome to TAI !!

We need to know your present requirements of new car clearly to suggest one

With the background of using Swift, may be both those shortlisted models disappoint you. Is that swift petrol or diesel

Can you list the reasons for short listing these two models[:)]
Well Shortlisted these 2 models just cuz i dint really like any other.
Older Swift Was hardly driven by me,and it was a petrol version.Now to replace that swift,Me & dad shortlisted these two cars for substitution to swift.
just cuz we had swift before, dad dint want to go for swift again, and he doesnt like punto or to be specific fiat.
So we then shortlisted these two, The requirements are as follows it should have a good handling & should be really a having good performance on highways. It should be stylish , Good interiors, features(cuz we will mostly opt for a top model or fully loaded one), it will be used regularly and like i said before 60% city & 40% highway driving & it should be diesel,and a car which can be cosmetically modded . So We need a help in booking it. We have already delayed much, need to book asap,within 2 or 3 days. So it would be really helpful if you all Give your suggestions and expert advises.

Last edited:

The requirements are as follows it should have a good handling & should be really a having good performance on highways.
You have no other choice than Polo, if you really care for the above things. As you have already ignored other good cars, so you have only one choice left Polo and only POLO.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i agree with vivek. i20's handling can be a trouble for you at high speeds. i'm not saying this , someone will say this soon.

my thinking , don't take the car to its limit especially on indian roads. anything below 120 , you will be fine.

obviously the i20 is feature rich. but i'll tell you this , on highways i20 will become bouncy , that's for sure , on uneven roads.

i have TD both the cars. and i'll say the engine was much much better on the i20.
i even saw this advertisement on tai [;)]
Screenshot_2013-05-04-22-43-00.jpg

The hell...most of the time city trips, features needed, good quality interior.
i20 is the car to go for.

For speeds upto 120-130 kph, i20 CRDi is good and it has got 200 cc extra over the Polo 1.2 TDI...
Go for i20 with eyes closed.

I would say go with i20 if you are looking for good interiors and good amount of features.

120 is something which won't bother you at all but anything above that won't be great when it comes to handling.

Polo is a nice hatch too but will be little bit on the lower side when talking about features and i20 is more powerful as well.

So my pick would be i20.

The hell...most of the time city trips, features needed, good quality interior.
What are those, Which can't be ignored when you want good handling from your ride.

And about the engine i would simply say that its the same old gen engine which polo has but with a little more volume. Polo can do lots more than i20, while talking about basics, like cornering, high speed stability, and strong build. And considering these basics anyone can easily ignore those high class features available even in verna.

@HarshS

Both cars are capable and different from one another at the same time.
Your only trustworthy tool should be a test drive which includes city as well as highway drives.

By the way i20 doesn't have auto lock, distance to empty and the fuel efficiency display features which I think are pretty much important features.

Thread Starter #11
Thankyou people for your suggestions.
We have decided for Polo highline (D).
I dont know why, i just cant take my mind of polo ,and its just polo polo and polo which is running in me . my heart says polo. And we have decided for polo, But i dont want it to be regrettable decision. I hope it wont be one.
Anyway Now i need your help in deciding which color should i go for?Shadow blue or Candy white?
Em i doing right by going with what my heart is saying?

^^ Just to confirm what you did is right, just take a TD of i20 as well.

In case of color heart says Shadow Blue and mind says candy white as blue will be difficult to maintain.

Thankyou people for your suggestions.
We have decided for Polo highline (D).
I dont know why, i just cant take my mind of polo ,and its just polo polo and polo which is running in me . my heart says polo. And we have decided for polo, But i dont want it to be regrettable decision. I hope it wont be one.
Anyway Now i need your help in deciding which color should i go for?Shadow blue or Candy white?
Em i doing right by going with what my heart is saying?
You will never regret this decision.
If you like polo that much, have you given a thought about the GT TSI? Fuel efficiency is good too in that car.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@HarshS

Both cars are capable and different from one another at the same time.
Your only trustworthy tool should be a test drive which includes city as well as highway drives.

By the way i20 doesn't have auto lock, distance to empty and the fuel efficiency display features which I think are pretty much important features.
Are you sure? I think the old model didnt have mid, even the new i10 have mid so i'm thinking i20 must have it. Will confirm from prads.

Thread Starter #15
You will never regret this decision.
If you like polo that much, have you given a thought about the GT TSI? Fuel efficiency is good too in that car.
No. I cant really change that decision of petrol. Cuz that's on dad. So he'll wont get his decision off from diesel.But why Diesel aint that good? [confused]
Btw suggestions for color too mate?

Top Bottom