Best C-Segment Sedan To Buy?

Thread Starter #1
Which among the following is the Diesel Sedan to be chosen based on the fe, interiors, maintenance, power and cost economy.

1. Hyundai Verna
2. Chevrolet Sail
3. Volkswagen Vento
4. Skoda Rapid
5. Fiat Linea
6. Nissan Sunny
7. Fiat Linea

Any other choice is welcome too

No body with a decent knowledge regarding sedans?
That's rude mate. Yet, I would recommend you to decide between Verna & Vento. However, correct is to go through the reviews of the cars shortlisted by you, have TD and then decide what you like the most. If there is one car meeting all those requirements, we won't be seeing other cars on monthly sales chart :-)

Hi.firstly,you are self deriven or chauffeur driven.
self driven then,
I would opt for hyundai verna followed by vento and rapid.
The verna,as a whole is an unbeatable package.The only downside is that poor under thigh support for the rear passengers.front seats are good though.
If you are chauffeur driven,then the nissan sunny is a great car.

Last edited:
Hey chakri

You can put in more details where we can shortlist the best car for you like whats your budget,Ru planning for a new or used car,Number of kms you will be travelling.
Nowadays diesel prices going up every month and petrol is slashing down

Looks like budget is around 10L?

According to your requirements Hyundai Verna would be the first option except few issues with rear seats then you can consider New fiesta and Tata Manza into your list
Vento and Rapid are mostly the same but maintenance would be slightly higher and ASS.Heard its better in hyderabad skoda showroom
Fiat linea is a good car a bit long for city Traffic and low resale value.

Which among the following is the Diesel Sedan to be chosen based on the fe, interiors, maintenance, power and cost economy.

1. Hyundai Verna
2. Chevrolet Sail
3. Volkswagen Vento
4. Skoda Rapid
5. Fiat Linea
6. Nissan Sunny
7. Fiat Linea

Any other choice is welcome too
If Sail sedan is in the list add Honda AmazeD too.

As per your list i would recommend VentoD, decent power, decent mileage, decent look and a very reliable engine with good re-sale.

Thread Starter #7
That's rude mate. Yet, I would recommend you to decide between Verna & Vento. However, correct is to go through the reviews of the cars shortlisted by you, have TD and then decide what you like the most. If there is one car meeting all those requirements, we won't be seeing other cars on monthly sales chart :-)
Sorry Vijay...and thanks for your inputs.

Thread Starter #8
If Sail sedan is in the list add Honda AmazeD too.

As per your list i would recommend VentoD, decent power, decent mileage, decent look and a very reliable engine with good re-sale.
Hello Alex... Honda Amaze hasn't made into my list as it has some engine noise issues heard inside the cabin. And how is the maintenance cost for the Vento compared to others?

Thread Starter #9
Hi.firstly,you are self deriven or chauffeur driven.
self driven then,
I would opt for hyundai verna followed by vento and rapid.
The verna,as a whole is an unbeatable package.The only downside is that poor under thigh support for the rear passengers.front seats are good though.
If you are chauffeur driven,then the nissan sunny is a great car.
Hello White...I would be self driven, and so should I opt for the Vento, or does it also have the same rear seats issues?

Thread Starter #10
Hey chakri

You can put in more details where we can shortlist the best car for you like whats your budget,Ru planning for a new or used car,Number of kms you will be travelling.
Nowadays diesel prices going up every month and petrol is slashing down

Looks like budget is around 10L?

According to your requirements Hyundai Verna would be the first option except few issues with rear seats then you can consider New fiesta and Tata Manza into your list
Vento and Rapid are mostly the same but maintenance would be slightly higher and ASS.Heard its better in hyderabad skoda showroom
Fiat linea is a good car a bit long for city Traffic and low resale value.
Hello Fahad...thanks for the reply.

My budget would be around 7 to 10L. Planning for a New car. Would be driving through the hyderabad traffic around 18000 Kms per month. As you are also from Hyderabad, let me tell you I would be travelling from city to Shamshabad Airport and return.

With rear seat issue, I would like to put down the idea of thinking about Verna. So, for the next option, should I go for Vento or Rapid??

Kindly give your inputs.

Thread Starter #11
Hello Fahad...thanks for the reply.

My budget would be around 7 to 10L. Planning for a New car. Would be driving through the hyderabad traffic around 18000 Kms per month. As you are also from Hyderabad, let me tell you I would be travelling from city to Shamshabad Airport and return.

With rear seat issue, I would like to put down the idea of thinking about Verna. So, for the next option, should I go for Vento or Rapid??

Kindly give your inputs.
Correction. Consumption would be 1800 kms per month @ 60 kms per day. Its a typo error.

@Chakri

See Rapid and Vento are brothers of same mother !! but I have some experience of the Skoda dealer in hyderabad and maintenance costs are not like earlier(used to be very high for service and spares). Now most of the parts are localised and are cheap, so that should not be a big problem when you think of these kind of cars. Why Rapid

I drove both and I enjoyed driving Rapid and Vento I felt I am driving a Auto and not a good sedan(no offence to any owner here). Rapid really got nice built and good interiors and Skoda dealer is really good in Hyderabad.

Thread Starter #15
@Chakri

See Rapid and Vento are brothers of same mother !! but I have some experience of the Skoda dealer in hyderabad and maintenance costs are not like earlier(used to be very high for service and spares). Now most of the parts are localised and are cheap, so that should not be a big problem when you think of these kind of cars. Why Rapid

I drove both and I enjoyed driving Rapid and Vento I felt I am driving a Auto and not a good sedan(no offence to any owner here). Rapid really got nice built and good interiors and Skoda dealer is really good in Hyderabad.
Hello Gurrala....You mentioned driving Rapid and Vento is like driving an Auto?? Can you please throw some light on good sedans then?

Top Bottom