Used Audi or Used Volkswagen Jetta (Both Petrol)?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

I am planning to buy a used car within Rs.9 Lakhs. The cars I have shortlisted are: 1. Audi A4 - 1,00,000 kms, Petrol, 2006 model. Dealer quote: 8.75 lakhs. But this car requires a paint job since the color has worn off in some places (sides, bumper) and there are white patches there (maybe an accident? I don't know). It seems this car has a service warranty till 2,00,000 kms.

2. Volkswagen Jetta: 86,000 kms, Petrol, 2007 model. Dealer quote: 6.6 lakhs. This car looks good from the outside (no scratch/dent) but has no insurance.

Now, which one would you advise me to choose? Mileage of Audi: 8-10 kmpl. Jetta: 10-12 kmpl (as claimed by dealer -- I haven't verified this).

Any help is highly appreciated.

Regards,
VeejayHunk [:)]

Dont know about AUDI A.S.S.As you say the car has already 1lac on its ODO why not check out fro few more cars that have less kms clocked.Rewinding the ODO is common gimmick done by Dealers.Is the dealer certified ? you check the value of car on carwale.com So that you can get rough idea how much is affordable for this car and how about the insurance on it? You guessing it had an accident so its better you check few more in Market

you can also check with certified users if they have Audi in their stock.

Coming to Jetta one of my cousins had it and was suffering with rattling issue in it.
looks like you want to go with German cars you could also get decent Skoda Laura or Superb with low ODO adn good condition within your budget.

Thread Starter #3
Hi,

The dealer is not certified. I just saw his Ad in the classifieds section of a newspaper. Carwale's quote is slightly higher (9.25 lakhs) for this model, even if the condition is not that good. Don't know about insurance, but premium will be high if car is a luxury, used car.

I don't have any preference for German cars. These are the 2 cars the dealer showed me [:)]. In fact I was about to choose a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry (2003/2004 models) for 3/3.5 lakhs, but was attracted by the Audi brand.

Now, another dealer is offering a Nissan Teana 250XL; 2008 model; 1,00,000 kms; petrol automatic in good condition at a price of 6 Lakhs. I am tempted to go for this, but I don't know how much the maintenance costs will be. Any idea on Nissan Teana maintenance costs after 1,00,000 kms? Again insurance is not there.

350Z

Core Team
The cars described above have clocked too much. They’re best avoided as their condition is not fine either. Search for more options within this range. Take a look at this link too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its better you avoid teana and better you check out for Accord you could get deccent one for 7L 2008-09 model with low kms clocked.

Top Bottom