Should I Buy the SX4 CNG Variant??

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been a sedan aspirant for quite a while now. Although I have a tight budget, I shortlisted three cars that fit my bill - Amaze, Dzire (Both Diesel) & SX4 CNG.

Amaze EMT is poor on interiors & other features like stereo (no CD player), electronic adjustments etc., an area where Dzire VDi has more to offer at more or less same price. That has made me consider SX4 CNG as an option (although a little costly). I already have a Swift CNG so I am pretty much comfortable on the whole CNG front.

Has anyone bought the CNG variant of SX4 ? Please share any reviews/thoughts on this car.

Thanks in advance.
Aditya.

Re: Should I buy the SX4 CNG Variant ???

With recent cut in petrol prices and difference between petrol and diesel retail prices, I hope you have calculatde your minimum run/month to buy a diesel vehicle.

Actually you should compare Amaze VMT with Dzire VDI. I would prefer Amaze to Dzire since its a new platform and Honda vehicle.

SX4 CNG is costlier than Dzire/Amaze I guess. You can go for it. Its a good car to drive.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Yes I am perfectly happy with the CNG I have in my current Swift. My fuel costs dropped down from 10k to less than 3k a month after fitting a CNG kit in the swift. Buying a Diesel vehicle instead may fluctuate these numbers.

Amaze VMT is approx 8.70 & Dzire VDi is 8.03 (On-road Mumbai Prices). A problem with Amaze (atleast I think so) is the engine is loud and can be heard from within the car, thats not the case with Dzire. Secondly, knowing its Honda the interiors I thought are extremely poor (as compared to the Dzire VXi/VDi or ZXi/ZDi). And a small requirement but something that counts - NO CD Player. I cannot rule out this option as father has just completed a transition from Cassette to CD. He will take sometime before moving to AUX & USB (Pun Intended !!)

SX4 CNG is 9.29, minus 60k discount (Loyal Bonus + Consumer Bonus). So it essentially comes to the same price as higher variant of Amaze/Dzire, but with a CNG option which is cheaper than both Diesel & Petrol. Additionally, the price may further reduce as I will be registering my car from an Octroiless region. Maruti permits this option, Honda doesn't.

Hence the option of SX4 CNG. So now my decision boils down the performance of SX4 CNG.

The weight is higher for CNG. Since it is factory fitted, there will be no warranty issues. I would advise you to push for more discount/freebies and SX4 is not the most hot selling models in Maruti.

All the best,

Keep us informed on booking.

Anshuman

Yes I am perfectly happy with the CNG I have in my current Swift. My fuel costs dropped down from 10k to less than 3k a month after fitting a CNG kit in the swift. Buying a Diesel vehicle instead may fluctuate these numbers.

Amaze VMT is approx 8.70 & Dzire VDi is 8.03 (On-road Mumbai Prices). A problem with Amaze (atleast I think so) is the engine is loud and can be heard from within the car, thats not the case with Dzire. Secondly, knowing its Honda the interiors I thought are extremely poor (as compared to the Dzire VXi/VDi or ZXi/ZDi). And a small requirement but something that counts - NO CD Player. I cannot rule out this option as father has just completed a transition from Cassette to CD. He will take sometime before moving to AUX & USB (Pun Intended !!)

SX4 CNG is 9.29, minus 60k discount (Loyal Bonus + Consumer Bonus). So it essentially comes to the same price as higher variant of Amaze/Dzire, but with a CNG option which is cheaper than both Diesel & Petrol. Additionally, the price may further reduce as I will be registering my car from an Octroiless region. Maruti permits this option, Honda doesn't.

Hence the option of SX4 CNG. So now my decision boils down the performance of SX4 CNG.
One member on our forum ganfun has a ownership report of his cng sx4 and he seems extremely happy with his car .

Incase you travel outside Mumbai for any kind of trips I would suggest you look into diesel car . And if your driving will be limited to city only then cng makes sense .

Anyway read this it will clear all your doubts ->
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-review-sx4-green-vxi-cng-company-fitted.html

By the way have you considered Chevy sail ? At 8.20 lakhs you get the sail diesel with driver airbag and abs .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

One member on our forum ganfun has a ownership report of his cng sx4 and he seems extremely happy with his car .

Incase you travel outside Mumbai for any kind of trips I would suggest you look into diesel car . And if your driving will be limited to city only then cng makes sense .

By the way have you considered Chevy sail ? At 8.20 lakhs you get the sail diesel with driver airbag and abs .
Well my usage will be mostly within Mumbai with short trips to Pune and neighbouring areas. CNG is a bit of a problem in Pune, but knowing my majority running is within city I chose CNG.

Thanks for the 'ganfun' reference. Will check it out.

Top Bottom