Need Advice on Finalizing My First Car

Thread Starter #1
Have been contemplating on buying my first new car for sometime now. Requirements are ...

> Your Budget: ~6 Lakh)

> New or Used: New

> Your Location: Mumbai

> Top Five Priorities: Comfort, Driving Pleasure, Easy Maintenance, Fuel efficient

> Monthly Running: 1,000 - 1500 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Petrol (Freezed on this as my travel is very limited)

> For What Purpose: Mostly weekend travel within city and occasional long drives

> Seating Capacity: Max 5 Adults)

> Type of Segment: Hatchback

Had short listed on Polo, i20 and the Jazz and finally decided on the Jazz, but missed the bus and the bookings are now closed. Have read a lot about the amaze. Yet to take a test drive.

Needed the experts help me in getting over the confusion.

Re: Need advise on finalising my first car

I would advice you to look at the Polo and Amaze. Since you are keen on getting a petrol car, I feel the Amaze shouldnt go off the list before a TD. I am not a fan of handling of the Hyundai i20 which is why the car doesnt appear in my data-bank.

You can also consider Indica Vista,toyota Etios,Skoda fabia into your list

Wait till you see the price declaration by Ford on Ecosport. I doubt if its going to be 6 Lacs but there are lot of speculations on the pricing at this point so wait for a month then look at other options IMO.

You can get a new petrol hatch within your budget.

Do check out recently launched Amaze and it might be work waiting for Ford Ecosport.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #6
EcoSport being an SUV, I am not so keen on an SUV currently. Had done a TD of the Etios Liva, and never enjoyed it and also the dashboard wasn't attractive. Not sure if the Etios will be any different. Would be going for a TD of the Amaze. Will update on my views once I do that.

you can also look at chevrolet sail uva .. just finalized it myself(petrol).. i went for ls abs but you may go for lt(top model).. it has a lot of space, is comfortable and its light steering + peppy engine make it an excellent city hatch.. exterior looks are subjective( i personally like it)..

Hi
Checkout the Honda Amaze. Known for the iV-Tec engine. With your budget you can own a sedan. I loved the look of Amaze. Not sure about the Fuel efficiency. Brio owners can comment on that...Also they say that Honda spare parts are costly...But with Honda's reliability and fuss free ownership, this should not be a big problem.

One of my friend owns a Polo and he has given a good feedback, but I am not sure about the VW network, A$$, spare parts cost etc.

EcoSport being an SUV, I am not so keen on an SUV currently. Had done a TD of the Etios Liva, and never enjoyed it and also the dashboard wasn't attractive. Not sure if the Etios will be any different. Would be going for a TD of the Amaze. Will update on my views once I do that.
Ecosport is not a SUV, it looks like a SUV(some people thing otherwise too). Basically it will be a fun to drive city vehicle. Petrol comes with 1L Ecoboost engine which is supposed to deliver better mileage and the punch. So think about it(It all depends on the price which is still a mystery). Honda Amaze is another option for you, very specious and the Honda Badge(Reliability)

Thread Starter #10
Hi Guys,

At the first apologies for having left the post mid-way. For certain unavoidable situation had to abandon my first new car plans.

The good thing is that now I am back to my old plans. Albeit there have been not many changes in the offerings in the segment and price point I was looking at I have finalised on the Amaze Petrol.

The only confusion I have is the model. I have freezed on the S MT. But also have a thought of if I can go for the E MT and can get a better system in place. Also, can add the missing keyless entry and the body colored mirrors.

The On Road price difference between E MT and S MT is close to 80K. If I buy the E MT and the missing stuff additionally I would be able to save close to 35K.

The drawbacks being the color limitations and possibly a lower resale price for E MT.

Kindly let me know what would be the best pick.

Thanks...

I strongly recommend you to Test-drive the Chevrolet Sail.It is a very good car but often Underrated sir.Its Rare on Roads and Chevrolet A.S.S is very good but not like Maruti.Thank you

Take a look at new i20 as well. Many things are rectified in the new edition. As per looks it is just awesome from inner side too. You can not get that in higher segments also.

@ssr9583
Brother, in your specified budget you could as well go for the Tata Zest XM 90PS Petrol. It has pretty good features as well along with T.A.S.S which I have heard is pretty good. I'd recommend you have a TD of the Zest as well before reaching your decision

AMG

Suspended
/i'd have recommended the zest too, if his requirement was Diesel, but I've already had a massive debate with all about the "all new" Revotron Pterol, so I would not recommend it.

Top Bottom