Planning To Buy a New Car - Suggestions Please

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

This is my first post here. [:)]

i am planning to buy a new car very soon but i am little confused about which one will be a best buy.

my requirements are -

good mileage
of-course eye candy interiors and exteriors
good AC
Power Steering
Budget: 3.5 Lacs
good boot space

i liked eon looks as compared to alto 800 very much. [:D]
i have read almost every review on internet about the alto 800 and eon, and people were saying that eon has very shaky gear lever and its maintenance is pretty high. now i am little worried to buy eon as this will be my first car.

i don't want to buy alto 800 as i don't like it looks . so please give me your suggestions [glasses]

If you can wait for one year, few launches there at the year end.. otherwise between EON and ALTO.. I will vote for EON.

Hello Friends,

This is my first post here. [:)]

i am planning to buy a new car very soon but i am little confused about which one will be a best buy.

my requirements are -

good mileage
of-course eye candy interiors and exteriors
good AC
Power Steering
Budget: 3.5 Lacs
good boot space

i liked eon looks as compared to alto 800 very much. [:D]
i have read almost every review on internet about the alto 800 and eon, and people were saying that eon has very shaky gear lever and its maintenance is pretty high. now i am little worried to buy eon as this will be my first car.

i don't want to buy alto 800 as i don't like it looks . so please give me your suggestions [glasses]

Thread Starter #3
Thank you for your reply manish.

one year is long time to wait. have you heard about the shaky gear lever in eon?
this is the only thing that is making me worried.

I have driven Hyundai Accent( Driving school car) and my BRIO only till date. But you can check "ownership review" of the forum... you may get answers of all your queries [:)]

Last edited:
First of all welcome to The Automotive India buddy.

Now coming to the main point which car?

I would suggest you EON any day over the Alto 800 (personal choice) as it fulfills all your requirements perfectly and will be in your budget.

I have recently bought EON D-lite Plus, here is my ownership review: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2458-hyundai-eon-d-lite-ownership-review.html

And regarding the shaky gear lever, i don't feel that in my EON maybe because it is a new car right now or maybe Hyundai has taken care of it. I was under the same dilemma when i was in the market looking for one.
I read all kind of reviews about EON and especially the shaky gear lever. So finally i went in and took a test drive of EON and Alto 800 and right away booked the EON. And yes i will recommend this car to anyone looking for a car in that segment.

It's a VFM car from Hyundai from every angle.

But i'll still suggest that you go and take TD of both the cars.

I think in alto n eon. the best is eon bcs eon is good in milage n very preety look as compared to alto. I will vote for eon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10
After taking the TD of Alto and Eon. Alto looks no where in front of Eon. So i booked Eon and got delivery in 3 days. i buyed magna+ variant in white color and it really looks fabulous. I must say everything in this car is better then alto [AC, Pickup.........everything].

At last thanks everyone for the suggestions.......It really helped

After taking the TD of Alto and Eon. Alto looks no where in front of Eon. So i booked Eon and got delivery in 3 days. i buyed magna+ variant in white color and it really looks fabulous. I must say everything in this car is better then alto [AC, Pickup.........everything].

At last thanks everyone for the suggestions.......It really helped
Congrats on your Eon.[clap]
That was a quick purchase indeed.
Please do start a new thread to share with us your buying experience and initial ownership report.

Congratulations buddy on your new acquisition [clap]

Waiting for your ownership report with lots of pics and EON looks great in white.

Top Bottom