Booked Maruti Dzire - Shall I Go Ahead?

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends ,

This is one more car enthusiast from city of Navi mumbai . Reason i joined this forum is that I am planning to buy a car . I will be really grateful if community members can help me regarding the same .

To be very frank : I have already booked Maruti dzire ZDI but again i am into dilemma to go for what . I have small family of 4 peoples me , my mom ,dad and sister. Dad is merchant and I am running a small business . I might have to run my car approximately 1000-2000 kms per month .So i figured out following cars for myself as per my research .

Maruti swift Dzire - Already booked but heavy EMI part is killing me . I dont want to go with VDI costing approx lakh less (8 lakhs with LBT) in here and ZDI already booked ( got 15 inch wheel as well ABS with EBD ).

Ford Figo Titanium - I hate ford aftersales service . My friend owns same car had faced night mare. But my family loves the car ( Only males face the truth [lol] )

Honda Brio : Small n happy like but its petrol ?

Last is I want to take twist to Second hand

Honda City Ivtech :
advantage : will add lavato Sequential kit ,fuel cost will be less and less will be the EMI . Expensive parts EMi approximately 7-8k pm (on 2009-2010 ivtech) .Awesome comfort .
Disadvantage : its second hand :( [roll] so bit scared .

guys i m going crazy as its only topic bugging me from long time . plz help me in my case .

Re: Hello to all members ! need small help

Less than 1500 Km per month, petrol makes sense. Above that go for diesel.

[:)]For Petrol i will suggest honda vehicle for Diesel look at Honda Amaze or Maruti Ritz or Swift.

Hi friends ,

This is one more car enthusiast from city of Navi mumbai . Reason i joined this forum is that I am planning to buy a car . I will be really grateful if community members can help me regarding the same .

To be very frank : I have already booked Maruti dzire ZDI but again i am into dilemma to go for what . I have small family of 4 peoples me , my mom ,dad and sister. Dad is merchant and I am running a small business . I might have to run my car approximately 1000-2000 kms per month .So i figured out following cars for myself as per my research .

Maruti swift Dzire - Already booked but heavy EMI part is killing me . I dont want to go with VDI costing approx lakh less (8 lakhs with LBT) in here and ZDI already booked ( got 15 inch wheel as well ABS with EBD ).

Ford Figo Titanium - I hate ford aftersales service . My friend owns same car had faced night mare. But my family loves the car ( Only males face the truth [lol] )

Honda Brio : Small n happy like but its petrol ?

Last is I want to take twist to Second hand

Honda City Ivtech :
advantage : will add lavato Sequential kit ,fuel cost will be less and less will be the EMI . Expensive parts EMi approximately 7-8k pm (on 2009-2010 ivtech) .Awesome comfort .
Disadvantage : its second hand :( [roll] so bit scared .

guys i m going crazy as its only topic bugging me from long time . plz help me in my case .

Thread Starter #3

manish thanks for reply

I tested amaze on day of its launch but i am unhappy with engine noise inside . its like truck :( . Same noise you can get it from Rio+ . Was really disappointed .I had booked that car first but cancelled after test drive .luckly no deduction was made in booking amount.
Less than 1500 Km per month, petrol makes sense. Above that go for diesel.

[:)]For Petrol i will suggest honda vehicle for Diesel look at Honda Amaze or Maruti Ritz or Swift.

Hi Vjchaudhari,

Welcome to TAI buddy.

IMO, when it comes to paying the EMI's, it is good if you buy a car which does not affect your monthly budget. Otherwise, what will happen is, eventually, you'll own the car, but would not use it much due to running costs, which are also going up with diesel prices expected to go up in the near future.

Keeping all that in mind, I would advice you to go for the petrol version of the Dzire, mainly due to the low maintenance and durability. Not that the other cars in this category are not, however, Maruti as we all know, is a known brand, and do think about the re-sale value, if you ever plan to sell it over a period of time.

One of the reasons, why I bought the Nano, and not the Alto or Eon, was also because of the EMI. Whats the use when I pay the EMI and not enjoy to drive the car. And overall, I am satisfied with my decision.

Thread Starter #5
@silverlxnano i am really confused . My dad is saying that he will help me in paying EMI's but frankly i dont trust any businessman :P . So bit scared . Yes its true that i might be able to pay it alone but again have some personal stuff too and more over this will be very first car of my life .

I am new driver and so planning to buy car with good safety features like ABS and EBD .got tons of responsibilities .So was thinking about Honda City Avtech+ CNG kit (2009 model ) or may be new Brio .

I think i have stretched this topic too long. Will take max time till morning and will give my call tomorrow . Will either buy it or cancel my booking .

@silverlxnano i am really confused . My dad is saying that he will help me in paying EMI's but frankly i dont trust any businessman :P . So bit scared . Yes its true that i might be able to pay it alone but again have some personal stuff too and more over this will be very first car of my life .

I am new driver and so planning to buy car with good safety features like ABS and EBD .got tons of responsibilities .So was thinking about Honda City Avtech+ CNG kit (2009 model ) or may be new Brio .

I think i have stretched this topic too long. Will take max time till morning and will give my call tomorrow . Will either buy it or cancel my booking .
I agree about the trust thingy. In today's age of ups and downs, it becomes difficult to predict. However, no one has ever succeeded without taking any risks :-)

You are right, because of EMI i did not buy car for two years and now i have one on full cash payment.

Safety features in a car are always good but if you have self control on speed (not to exceed 80-90+) than standard brakes also will do your job perfectly. Off-course take the decision considering personal as well as financial requirement. All the BEST[:)].

Thread Starter #8
thanks a ton guys. I am planning for Brio .will be going with mom n sis for test drive today . Small n happy like .So my last decision is on Brio or Swift . Will keep you posted about my final decision today.

Cheers :)

thanks a ton guys. I am planning for Brio .will be going with mom n sis for test drive today . Small n happy like .So my last decision is on Brio or Swift . Will keep you posted about my final decision today.

Brio is an amazing car. It loves you back everytime you are in control of it.

I hope the boot part has been taken into consideration. Do not expect heavy baggage capacity. Only light travelling is loved by this cute lil car. [;)]

All the best.... after finalizing before the booking meet other dealers of the same make for negotiations on freebies. After the booking these people will not add anything.

manish thanks for reply

I tested amaze on day of its launch but i am unhappy with engine noise inside . its like truck :( . Same noise you can get it from Rio+ . Was really disappointed .I had booked that car first but cancelled after test drive .luckly no deduction was made in booking amount.
petrol one shares same engine as jazz / brio
i dont think there should be any clutter.

I would buy a Brio than a Honda City/any diesel car for the following reason,
1. Rate of interest for a new vehicle should be less than the pre-worshipped cars.
2. I-Vtec is best enjoyed with petrol and your idea of adding a CNG may not give you the pleasure of driving.
3. Used cars had some of their parts worn out [say 40%] and a new driver may increase the wear and tear [due to the less driving experiences] resulting in high keeping cost of the car.
4. You may also enjoy the new car affair as this is your first car.
5. Considering your usage, I would suggest petrol over a diesel car!

i would say go with swift looking at all aspects
to he honest with you
CNG in small car feels like a load at the back
i have driven 800 and feel really tired while driving now

Thread Starter #15
Hmm guys finally i have made up my mind for FIGO . will be buying Figo Titanium /Zxi .Now confused if i really need ABS and Airbags :P .

Navi Mumbai on road price :743000/- (Figo Titanium)
Discount i am getting on car :35000/- and Mud flaps, teflon coating,tyre coating,floor mats , No plate and many more .
--------------------------------------------------
Final cost : 708000/- +3500/- ( For 0 depreciation insurance )
if i go for lower model ie Zxi price will reduce more by 40k )

Peace

Top Bottom