Suggestions on VFM Petrol Hatch - Budget 6.5 Lakhs OTR

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Greetings all.

I am new as a member here, but, have been associated with Automotive India since years. You know, that kinda, read reviews and learn about all cars and stuffs..

Coming down to what I want..

Well, I am planning to buy a VFM hatch for me / my family. And this is going to be our first car.

My requirements are,

1. Petrol hatch - since usage will be less. Even if it goes up, i am still OK to be with a petrol car than a diesel one since I do not want to compromise ride comfort.

2. Budget - 6.5 Lakhs On Road. (Can increase a bit if its worth).

3. For now, my preferences are with Maruti Ritz, Swift and Honda Brio.

4. I'd like to the car to be fully loaded - just to be sure that I make no mistakes while buying that first one home.[:D]

- And that includes ABS, EBD, Airbags, Power Steering, Power Windows, AC, Music player, Tilt steering option, Driver seat adjustment option, Central locking etc etc.,

5. 3 adults to sit at the rear comfortably. Now you know the reason why I ruled out Hyundai i10. And, Jazz could have been an excellent option though, but unfortunately its out of production now since Honda wants to promote their AMAZE.[embarass] - Source: CarWale.

6. I am not opposing other models, but would not welcome them since I would like to have without burning a hole in my pocket.. Less maintenance..!

Pls Advice - which one would fit me the BEST here, as I am literally [confused]

Thanks,
Dhana

@Dhana

Welcome to TAI !!

With your requirements, I could think of the following

1. Sail UVA comes with 3 year warranty
2. Ford Figo - check the FE
3. Punto - Strong built Italian car, don't worry about A.S.S as they are opening their own outlets
4.Brio - Peppy devil with Honda reliability
5.Micra - Network is less
6.Liva - Check the interiors, I think the latest model comes with improved interiors, again Toyota reliability

Other choices are already listed by you, OT : if possible join us in a Bangalore meet on 27th at Jain farms, Hosur, for more details please check the "the automotive meets" section under members launge. Where you can meet more members and discuss your requirement in detail

Hi,

1. Petrol hatch - since usage will be less. Even if it goes up, i am still OK to be with a petrol car than a diesel one since I do not want to compromise ride comfort.

Thanks,
Dhana
Riding comfort of diesel car is bad compared to petrol ? Is not that car dependent than petrol/diesel ?
I see most of the luxurious vehicle running on diesel than petrol.
Correct me if i am wrong.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@dhana - even if the production is at halt for the jazz, it will resume someday.
And have you contacted any honda dealership and asked for a 2013 jazz model ?

@appus - that is because nobody wants the petrol mileage of 3-4 [:D] that's why they chose diesel. But i agree i don't know if there is a difference in riding comfort.

I had seen some where not able to recollect, jAZZ will be re launched with new design and diesel engine or something some where in 2013 end or early 2014. JAZZ is really a perfect hatch.

However, I will vote for HONDA in Petrol and if by chance diesel than look at MARUTI SWIFT and HONDA AMAZE.

Thread Starter #9
Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

@Gurrala - The below are my opinion about your options for me. I may be wrong. Correct me please,

1. Sail UVA - Nice car, but Chevrolet ASS, I've heard, is not up to the mark when compared with its competitors.
2. Ford Figo - Perfect hatch with diesel. Petrol ones FE is very poor.
3. Punto - Fiat's ASS concerns me.
4.Brio - Cant say No to this car. I've already have this on my mind.
5.Micra - Very poor network.
6.Liva - Very spacious hatch as I've seen many. But, maintenance seems to be rocketing when compared with its competitors.

And that's the reason I chose to be with Maruti / Honda (Can include Hyundai too) for my first car since they all will be very VFM ones and maintenance is less comparatively.

Btw, I also thank you for your invitation. I may join you given that my time permits.

@Swift&Furious - thanks for your reply. Man, believe me, I have to be with you on the swift one. It is such a coincidence that i have also been dreaming of a blue color swift / ritz / brio. If i have to take a swift, then i will definitely go for the blue one.

@ank78 - Thanks for your reply. I20 sports is not a bad option, but I am little concerned about the FE. Do you have any idea about its FE? Also, I've heard of it that I20 has some rattling issues with the steering etc etc. Please share further info with me on this one.

@fahad - I am not interested in VW vehicles because of their poor ASS. Sorry..!

@appus - Yes, by ride comfort, I meant the NVH. I have heard my friends saying that petrol cars NVH are very low compared with the ones that are in diesel cars. Moreover, we buy cars for comfort rides, arent we? [:)]

@dharmesh - Thanks for your comments.

@allhyundaicars & @manish - Seriously, if Jazz is gonna be re-launched again, I would seriously consider that on top priority. Pls share if you have further info on this piece.

I am now considering Ritz ZXI, Swift ZXI, I20 Sports and Brio V... High Preference are on space and comfort, followed by all fully loaded stuffs.

Please post further info. Thanks all.

- Dhana

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hi All,

@ank78 - Thanks for your reply. I20 sports is not a bad option, but I am little concerned about the FE. Do you have any idea about its FE? Also, I've heard of it that I20 has some rattling issues with the steering etc etc. Please share further info with me on this one.

@allhyundaicars & @manish - Seriously, if Jazz is gonna be re-launched again, I would seriously consider that on top priority. Pls share if you have further info on this piece.

I am now considering Ritz ZXI, Swift ZXI, I20 Sports and Brio V... High Preference are on space and comfort, followed by all fully loaded stuffs.

Please post further info. Thanks all.

- Dhana
about i20. some say rattling issue has gone some say it's present. i was going for i20 last february and the service center and even the showroom guys said the problem has been taken care of.

in all of the above mentioned cars, space and features , i20 tops the list. i don't see any problem with the car.

you might find the car feel low because of the same i10 engine but it's not the bad. i think you can easily get the sports model for around 6.5 lakhs.

About Jazz. even if a facelift is due , like manish said you won't be able to see it on roads till the next year. so don't think about it. just see if jazz 2013 model is available or not.

about swift - it's a proven car but still it's not that spacious. and i'll say in this new model interior quality is top notch.

just take TD of these 3 cars , share the OTR prices here and we'll further help you.

Punto or Swift.

Dhana, there are 3 groups of cars. (I'm not considering luxury ones like BMW, Merc etc).

1. Authentic Indian at one end - Maruti. Tried and tested, reliable. Service centres at every corner, low maintenance. No one will say you made a bad decision.

2. At the other end, exotic ones - Fiat, VW etc. Stylish, head turner, Feel Great. People will talk about your car. There will be some people saying wow and some people saying you made a stupid decision.

3. No we have the middle category - not that low maintenance nor that stylish. Decent, dependable ones. I put Hyundai, Toyota, Honda etc here. Service centres, maintenance, fool good factor etc in between that of the other categories. People's response will be in the medium, no wow or no shouting.

Dhana, as it is your first car, you should go with one from the first 2 groups.
If you buy a Swift, you have peace of mind - low maintenance, good mileage. When your colleague drives around in Honda you won't feel that bad as he will be paying higher maintenance. If you buy Punto, you feel good and won't worry much about your friends' cars. If you buy a Honda, you feel bad when your uncle says how his Maruti is worry free, you may also feel bad when your friend comes in his flashy Fiat. Go for one of these now. When you buy next car, then you can look at any car.

Or you consider Swift as your homely wife (reliable, dependable, loving, taking care of you) and Punto as your exotic girlfriend with whom you can do wild things. You would like to have one of these rt, if not both. [:D]

Thread Starter #12
Seems, I20 Sports variant is very convincing..!

I've been doing a comparison on Swift, Ritz and I20. In terms of space and features, I20 wins hands down.

It comes of an OTR price of 6.8 in my city, which is yet OK for me.

Am i going towards the right direction here[confused]??

Punto or Swift.

Or you consider Swift as your homely wife (reliable, dependable, loving, taking care of you) and Punto as your exotic girlfriend with whom you can do wild things. You would like to have one of these rt, if not both. [:D]
Pardon me mate, but can you enlighten us on what wild things does the punto do over the swift and why is Punto not reliable as yous say in your post above that swift is (reliable, dependable, loving, taking care of you)

I assume and i am confident that Punto too is (reliable, dependable, loving, taking care of you) as you said for the swift, the only drawback i see is the resale value and only if the person is really concerned about it

If you do take the 2ND Gen swift and compare it with a Punto 90BHP 2012, i would say punto wins it hands down be it with looks as well as performance

Last edited:

Top Bottom