Booking Cancellation Costs After the Car is Invoiced

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I booked a honda brio V MT white and I got good offer for around 594000 with accessories. this is a 2012 model car.

The business head tell me that if I want to go for amaze now and cancel brio I will have to pay almost 20k to 25k since the car has been invoiced.

How do I confirm if this cost is correct?

Regards,

Re: Car Cancellation Costs After the Car is Invoiced

Check the brochure, It must be mentioned in the conditions apply section.

AFAIK it costs anywhere between 2k-10k. 20-25k is too much.

Please check the sale contract signed between you and the dealer at the time of booking. For HONDA dealers booking cancellation charges are Rs 2500 flat. Even i cancelled the booking with Whitefield honda to book it from magnum because of better deal. However in my case only i gave Rs 10K only as the booking amount. Whether you have paid the full amount?

Thread Starter #4
Please check the sale contract signed between you and the dealer at the time of booking. For HONDA dealers booking cancellation charges are Rs 2500 flat. Even i cancelled the booking with Whitefield honda to book it from magnum because of better deal. However in my case only i gave Rs 10K only as the booking amount. Whether you have paid the full amount?
I have made the down payment and loan is under process.
I am told that HONDA has been informed that a particular car with the VIN number is blocked for me and kind of sold to me.
He did it in front of me to enable me to give all the march offers and I got the Brio VMT in 594500 with a number of accessories.

I also signed a declaration that there won't be any change in variant/color.

However amaze sounds a better deal.

He finally told me that he will try but did not commit anything.

Hmm... in your case it looks they are going to charge more for the cancellation because they have already gone ahead with bank loan processing with a particular VIN.

AMAZE is definitely a better, it has height adjustment, tilt steering and all four power windows as standard in all variants i guess and a large boot space too. A perfect family car [:)]. But off course they will not be offering any discounts i guess.

From which HONDA dealer you are dealing?

I have made the down payment and loan is under process.
I am told that HONDA has been informed that a particular car with the VIN number is blocked for me and kind of sold to me.
He did it in front of me to enable me to give all the march offers and I got the Brio VMT in 594500 with a number of accessories.

I also signed a declaration that there won't be any change in variant/color.

However amaze sounds a better deal.

He finally told me that he will try but did not commit anything.

Thread Starter #6
Hmm... in your case it looks they are going to charge more for the cancellation because they have already gone ahead with bank loan processing with a particular VIN.

AMAZE is definitely a better, it has height adjustment, tilt steering and all four power windows as standard in all variants i guess and a large boot space too. A perfect family car [:)]. But off course they will not be offering any discounts i guess.

From which HONDA dealer you are dealing?
dakshin honda.

As far as taxation is concerned there is no such fixed charges for cancellation of any invoice. Only if a invoice is cancelled for any reasons, it has to be intimated to the authorities within a day.

I do not know why Honda is taking those charges, you need to read is anything is mentioned like that on any paper you have signed, it might be a dealer policy

Finally Yes, Amaze is a better option compared to Brio[:)]

Stack, this is not cancellation you are opting another big car from the same dealer.
Mail direct to honda with details, may be the dealer is pushing you to buy Brio,2012 model where they have no other buyer other than you.
You have all your right to change your options unless the car is registered to your name.

Thread Starter #9
Stack, this is not cancellation you are opting another big car from the same dealer.
Mail direct to honda with details, may be the dealer is pushing you to buy Brio,2012 model where they have no other buyer other than you.
You have all your right to change your options unless the car is registered to your name.
Hello alxddas and gurrala,

Thanks for your inputs.
I will again talk with the dealer and see what he says.

Regards,
Stack

Man until and unless car is registered on your name, It's not yours. Just check the agreement or document which you signed for cancellation charges. Dealer is just playing around.

Maruti sold lotz of cars with extra premium to one person, that were actually allocated to some other person. So nothing like it, or else just put a mail to Honda asking for clarification about the process.

Yes, the dealers are very clever playing with our emotional attachment with a car, so becareful while accepting any thing from the dealer

Just tell them if the cancellation is so costly, you will cancel complete booking and go to the other dealer, I am sure they will come done buddy

JUST check the papers you have signed regarding cancellation charges. If it is not mentioned in the papers simply refuse.

stack
the dealer guy is trying to play with you
I booked dzire and cancelled it after 3 months at time of delivery
booking amount given was 20k and the dealer only deducted INR 250/-
i got my 19750/- back in a form of cheque

when I had booked and got the receipt it was mentioned on the paper that booking cancellation is rs 250 and thats it.

don't let this stupid dealer play with you he is trying to sell you 2012 manufactured car which is not right

until car is not registered under your name it's not yours and you can go ahead and cancel it

If the car has still not been registered i.e. not moved out of yard, then there should be same cancellation charges as specified in price list.

Dakshin Honda is taking you for a ride as they desperately want to get rid of that 2012 VIN model.

Since you are upgrading to Amaze they should not deduct a single paisa from your booking money.

If required take some more people along with you, they are surely trying to cheat you.

Top Bottom