Petrol Hatchback Under Rs.5.5 Lakh (On-Road)

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone
I want to buy a hatchback under 5.5 lakh in New Delhi.
The car must have abs and airbags as I am gonna use it for atleast 7 years.
And I will install a cng sequential kit on it. I already own a zantro and dzire so swift, zantro and preferably wagon r alikes are a no from me. + my uncle owns a maruti authorised service centre so maruti cars are preferable as I will save much on services ;)
Till now I have shortlisted ritz, brio, figo and pulse. I liked beat but now sail supersedes it and I dont like it so both of them get a no.
Thanks again for reading my long post :)

I was also in same dilemma,that time i stuck between ritz & brio.
After doing test drives my doubts were cleared totally & i bought brio and satisfied now with my decision.
Ritz is also a good car to own but somewhere it fails to give me fun to drive factor in which brio excels.
Do take test drive the cars you have mentioned,you yourself will get the answer.

Thread Starter #3
What about figo and pulse. Pulse has only 1 version in my price range that too without abs and airbags. But it looks so good ( I am only 18 years old :D )
And is brio spacious enough because my brothers have trouble sitting behind me when I drive zantro, and they still fight for other seat in dzire.

Last edited:
Personally pulse doesnt excites me(no offence to its owners)and also heard bad stories about figo petrol like having low mileage and power,also it looks quite outdated model now.
If not brio or ritz i may suggest liva but only if you ok with its interiors which seems little cheap compare to its rivals,other then this its an awesome car to have.its having nice engine good steering feedback,good suspensions,very low cost of ownership.
Brio is spacious compare to i10 and i10 is spacious then santro.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
No I dont loke liva, well I dont like etios but it came first and crapped the looks of liva for me. My friend has etios and the interiors arent good. One more question, can I get I20 or polo with airbags etc. In my budget. I can extend it upto a lakh if the car I get is good. Earlier was waiting for ecosport, but it just never seems to launch.

If you ok with sedan have a look at Amaze,its a steal.

Ecosport interior fit & finish are equally bad as of liva or etios.

I owned a hyundai i10 kappa2 and i was very dissapointed with its vague steering(same with i20)google it.also these hyundai cars are famous for worst mileage with very high maintenance.

Polo is a good choice,little heavier on pockets though to maintain.

Last edited:
I bought brio smt & It does have steering mounted audio controls,no climate control in uppermost model also from honda.
Honda brio provides abs,airbags in mid s(o)mt version which falls below 5.5 lakh bracket on road.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
I can live without climate control but sterring mounted controls are nice. Can we get abs and airbags as options on lower models. Then probably I will get the cheapest one, add a cool stereo, xenon lamps, alloys and will be gtg :)

if you opt for the 1.2 petrol you could get a polo highline with airbags abs and steering mounted controls for around 5.5-6.0 lacs also even mid variants polo, punto etc give you a lot of unnoticed feature like parking sensors and rear fog lamps rear wash wipe,etc. which are only available on the top variants on marutis..
and since you plan to use it for 7 years or so i suggest try looking beyond maruti coz the overall feel of the other cars is more than worth paying for.

Thread Starter #14
Okay guys thought a lot, these are my final options
Brio s(o) mt
Ritz zxi
I20 sportz
Will fitting cng void guarantee of brio and i20? Can brio even convert into cng ( because of bootspace). And finally is i20 worth half a lakh above ritz and 70k above brio? And who are good dealers for above mentioned cars in Delhi?

@Vaibhav

All the three options are good, but see this

Brio - Excellent reliable car with a good FE I hope, but bit less spacious than other two

Ritz - Good tall boy with lot of head room and space and hope K12 deliver some decent FE, be warned of some body roll

I20 - Excellent car and have good space inside too with good driving pleasure, but warned off for higher price, higher maintenance and lower FE than other two

Top Bottom