Suggestions Required For Hatchback Under 4 Lakh (Booked Hyundai Eon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,
So i am back again with the most confusing question. Which CAR? So far we have been using our Maruti 800 which has covered almost 1 lac on ODO. Love this car and the best part was that it never left us stranded in middle of a road. And tested the limits of this car when we did Delhi-Pune-Delhi-Moradabad road trip in our 800 back in 2004 without any trouble.

Now the car has been with us for 11 years and has grown pretty old so we have decided to upgrade to a new one as it has covered 1 lac kilometers and needs some work to be done. So we don't want to put any money on our 800 and will sell it off as it is. And go for a new hatch.

The reason going for a budget hatch is that for highway, road trips and all we have our DRACO - (XUV) and secondly for city driving i guess hatch is the best option and that too when we are talking about places like Moradabad[:)]

And we are planning to get the new car during Navratri as it will be a good time to buy a new one. SO I NEED QUICK suggestions guys.

Hence the requirements are as follows:
1. AC
2. Petrol
3. Power Steering
4. Budget: 4 Lacs.
5. Can sit atleast 4 people properly.
6. Decent boot space
7. Looks
8. Good mileage.

Re: Suggestions Required for a Hatchback Under 4 Lakh

After seeing many, the only car that comes to mind is 'Hyundai Eon'.
Fits perfectly under 4 lac and has nearly all you need(except for boot space).

I can't suggest Hyundai Eon as it has got so many problem. My suggestion would be either Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 or Honda Brio.

Thread Starter #4

After seeing many, the only car that comes to mind is 'Hyundai Eon'.
Fits perfectly under 4 lac and has nearly all you need(except for boot space).
So far that's on top of the list. I have not Tded any car as of now. Will start taking TD's from tomorrow itself.

I can't suggest Hyundai Eon as it has got so many problem. My suggestion would be either Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 or Honda Brio.
Can you please share what kind of problems does the EON has?

Alto 800 is in our list but not Brio as we don't have Honda dealership and that will be a problem for us when the car will need a service or if any other issues comes up.

@Singh

Yes, Also 800 is the best bet for your requirements and peace of mind. My cousin bought a Eon LPG recently and not a smooth story with it.

Within the two weeks of the purchase car visited the service center for 2 problems 1) a beeding crack(driver side door) 2) there is a noise from some belt in side. We have to wait for a week to fix both as there was not stock of that beeding.

I drove the car, car is spacious but, I did not like its plasticity feel and the pick up was way less than my M 800(2006 model sold in 2011). Since my neighbor is Hyundai service, I get regular feed back from Works head and also from few customers. Works head say that Santro and I 10 are beautiful cars, but Eon doesn't impress much and its mileage is poor and parts are bit costly when compared to Maruti.

I drove Alto 800, was really impressive with its response, great head room and good leg room. rest of the experience of Alto 800 from Tenida [:)]

But finally I suggest you to test drive both and take a call, if Wagon R fits in your budget then go for it

So far that's on top of the list. I have not Tded any car as of now. Will start taking TD's from tomorrow itself.

Can you please share what kind of problems does the EON has?

Alto 800 is in our list but not Brio as we don't have Honda dealership and that will be a problem for us when the car will need a service or if any other issues comes up.
Well check the links below:-
Hyundai EON Negative Reviews | CarDekho.com
Hyundai EON - A useless car - A Review on Hyundai Eon by Anantha Krishnan Ts - CarWale

As a owner of Alto 800 I can say as follows:-

1. AC- Quite strong and it cools full cabin within 2 minutes. There's no lag whatsoever with AC on.
2. Petrol- In city it gives around 18kmpl and in highway 21 kmpl (tested tank full method)

3. Can sit atleast 4 people properly.: Yes
4. Decent boot space: Yes

Last edited:
My friend had A/C not working with in a week of purchase. As the service center was bit far, they told that will be done in first service. He was not happy at all. May be one in many. Just thought of sharing

how much is base i10? the irde engine? have a look at that...

You could get the following in your Budget

Santro
I10-IRDE
Indica - i wonder if it still comes in Petrol variant
Maruti A star
Zen Estilo

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #10

@Singh

Yes, Also 800 is the best bet for your requirements and peace of mind. My cousin bought a Eon LPG recently and not a smooth story with it.

Within the two weeks of the purchase car visited the service center for 2 problems 1) a beeding crack(driver side door) 2) there is a noise from some belt in side. We have to wait for a week to fix both as there was not stock of that beeding.

I drove the car, car is spacious but, I did not like its plasticity feel and the pick up was way less than my M 800(2006 model sold in 2011). Since my neighbor is Hyundai service, I get regular feed back from Works head and also from few customers. Works head say that Santro and I 10 are beautiful cars, but Eon doesn't impress much and its mileage is poor and parts are bit costly when compared to Maruti.

I drove Alto 800, was really impressive with its response, great head room and good leg room. rest of the experience of Alto 800 from Tenida [:)]

But finally I suggest you to test drive both and take a call, if Wagon R fits in your budget then go for it
Thanks Gurrala sirji for your contribution. Will go today and take few TD's.

Alto 800 is in the list but one of our requirements is LOOKS as well so don't know whether my family members will like it or not. No idea but personally i don't like the looks of the car, especially the headlights.

Well check the links below:-
Hyundai EON Negative Reviews | CarDekho.com
Hyundai EON - A useless car - A Review on Hyundai Eon by Anantha Krishnan Ts - CarWale

As a owner of Alto 800 I can say as follows:-

1. AC- Quite strong and it cools full cabin within 2 minutes. There's no lag whatsoever with AC on.
2. Petrol- In city it gives around 18kmpl and in highway 21 kmpl (tested tank full method)

3. Can sit atleast 4 people properly.: Yes
4. Decent boot space: Yes
Thanks buddy, will try to dig in more about these issues. Since we have 2-3 Eon's in our family circle.

My friend had A/C not working with in a week of purchase. As the service center was bit far, they told that will be done in first service. He was not happy at all. May be one in many. Just thought of sharing
Hhmm..Well know that is something unfortunate but can't claim this as an issue.[:)]
But Thanks for sharing buddy.

how much is base i10? the irde engine? have a look at that...
Will try to get a quote today from the dealer.

You could get the following in Ur Budget

Santro
I10-IRDE
Indica - i wonder if it still comes in Petrol variant
Maruti A star
Zen Estilo
Thanks for your input buddy but few cars from the list are not considered because due to various reasons or simply coz no one in the family likes the look.
1.Santro - Feels kinda outdated now.
2.i10-IRDE - Will probably go out of budget, but will get a quote from the dealer today.
3. Indica - Not interested. And if any TATA makes it our home it will only be either a Safari or Storme.
4. Maruti A Star - Good car but we are looking something for local purpose therefore looking to buy something from the base segment. Secondly A Star would land up around 4.5-4.7 on road.
5. Zen Estilo - Not considered because of looks.

@Singh

Nothing beats a direct visit to the showroom and looking at the car in flesh and TD, so I suggest please take some time and visit these showrooms Maruti,Hyundai,Chevy and check the cars falling in your budget and come out with your experience and your short list, so that we can further discuss on the same and finalise[:)] Till then please go with an open mind about any brand and model(must) forget about good or bad stories of them on the internet for a while

Thread Starter #12

@Singh

Nothing beats a direct visit to the showroom and looking at the car in flesh and TD, so I suggest please take some time and visit these showrooms Maruti,Hyundai,Chevy and check the cars falling in your budget and come out with your experience and your short list, so that we can further discuss on the same and finalise[:)] Till then please go with an open mind about any brand and model(must) forget about good or bad stories of them on the internet for a while
+100...That's what i am going to do. I read the good and bad parts of a car on the internet but never make my decision based on them.

So going to Hyundai, Maruti and Chevy as they are all at one place.

For a small car your best bet is "Alto 800". it fits the pocket nicely, gives decent FE and can fit even a tall person as driver.
I wonder if the good old Alto is still available? one of my friend was planning for EON he later changed to Alto (not alto 800) but that was ~8-9 months ago

Thread Starter #15

For a small car your best bet is "Alto 800". it fits the pocket nicely, gives decent FE and can fit even a tall person as driver.
I wonder if the good old Alto is still available? one of my friend was planning for EON he later changed to Alto (not alto 800) but that was ~8-9 months ago
I guess the fight is going to be between Alto 800 and EON.

And about old alto even id it is available we won't go for it, though it is a nice hatch for local running but then it's kinda dated now.

Too small, basic and not our kinda stuff.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom