Which Hatchback Has Most Spacious Back Seat?

Thread Starter #1
the idea is to squeeze 2 slim ( duble-patle ) adults + 2 young adults ( under 18 ) in the back seat. ready to compromize with comfort. we ( i, my mother, my wife and two kids ) want to ride together. and self-driving is ruled out for several reasons. hence, in order to travel together, i need to occupy the seat next to the driver and i have to squeeze others in the back seat. all car sites are telling that indica vista is the most spacious. however, it is honda brio which has mesmerized me. is brio's back seat spacious enough to fit my requirement or should i go for indica vista? and the difference ( in terms of length / space ) between brio's back seat and vista's back seat is phenomenal or marginal??

any other hatch ( toyota liva etc ) you want to suggest and any other suggestion? i don't want to go for ertiga as the van-look is pretty repelling. i guess this is ( ie van-look ) true for all muv / suv. is there any sedan-look muv / suv available in india??

this is going to be my first car. in short, the back seat of my dream hatch should be as spacious as amby.

Last edited:
Re: which hatch has most spacious back seat?

Buddy. take your family to various car showrooms. Get in and check yourself. You would come to a better conclusion. Vista is very spacious, thats for sure.

Thread Starter #4

thanks. sure, that should be the first thing to do even before test drive. the objective of this thread is to shorlist a few.

Buddy. take your family to various car showrooms. Get in and check yourself. You would come to a better conclusion. Vista is very spacious, thats for sure.

Yes. They have a bad reputation. But things are changing fast. They are aggressively trying to change the image.
A small example. Today, while driving back from Pondicherry, a swift kissed my RH side mirror at high speed and the glass was gone. I asked Aadya Motors about it. They said they have in stock and it will be done on Monday, appointment will be scheduled. I asked if it can be done today. They said it is very difficult as already loaded with present bookings. I requested again that I feel unsafe to drive without them. They agreed. Job was done within 20 minutes of arrival at TASS, without fuss. Things are definitely getting better.

Thread Starter #7
can anyone please confirm the fact that hyunda i20's rear seat width is 135 cm?

7 Most Spacious Indian Hatchbacks - Page 4

according to this link, vista and i20's seat width are 136 and 135 cm respectively. legroom, headroom, boot space etc won't be a dealbreaker / key differentiator in our case. hyundai's after sales is also rock solid.

kindly review my selection and point out any missed angles. thank you all.

Vista , jaaz , liva ,figo are good and spacious . But vista and jaaz are more comfortable too .

Indica Vista followed by Fiat Punto are the best when it comes to rear seat space, not to put you down mate but Brio's looks are subjective

Out of the both above Fiat Punto should be the car, a compromising mix of comfort & power with service network picking up lately due to its new network set up

Only one car chevrolet Sail hatchback (Sail UVA) with maximum space as well as excellent ride comfort.

Even I have taken TD of this car with 4 average size build adults at rear seat.[:D]

Last edited:
@Swift&furious,

Yes Vista is really good with rear seat space, but I am little surprised when you said Punto as it is bit cramped in rear sit(my experience travelling in our member Dharmesh Punto in Mumbai)[:)] as Ritz and Sail UVA has better space than Punto in the rear

@Swift&furious,

Yes Vista is really good with rear seat space, but I am little surprised when you said Punto as it is bit cramped in rear sit(my experience travelling in our member Dharmesh Punto in Mumbai)[:)] as Ritz and Sail UVA has better space than Punto in the rear
Yes, i understand your situation when you traveled in a Punto, to be frank i am 6 foot heavy person and i found vista more comfortable on the rear over the Punto, but i just suggested him Punto as a descent compromise/secondary choice which has a agreeable mix of power, looks and rear seat comfort over his requirement

mahindra verito Hatchback is coming (launch in this month).As per my knowledge it is most spacious(1740 mm width) car.

Top Bottom