Maruti SX4 CNG vs Honda City CNG

Thread Starter #1
friends which one should I go for out of the two
am planning to purchase a second hand and will get CNG fitted.

all suggestions and expierences are welcomed [:D]

Re: SX4 CNG vs Honda city CNG

My vote goes for City. But I would like to know your requirements and needs in detail and also the the type of roads you travel more.

Well I have driven the cng city and I have to say the difference between my normal one and that was minimal. City cng has been modified for the car to suit the cng kit. Suspension has been tweaked to take the extra weight. And city also is a better performer than sx4,is not dated and won't receive a big facelift this year. City also has a better FE and better resale. I think this is a one sided decision.

Well I have driven the cng city and I have to say the difference between my normal one and that was minimal. City cng has been modified for the car to suit the cng kit. Suspension has been tweaked to take the extra weight. And city also is a better performer than sx4,is not dated and won't receive a big facelift this year. City also has a better FE and better resale. I think this is a one sided decision.
I think he is talking about buying a pre owned one and then plonk a CNG kit to it.

Adding CNG to city will cost you much more that adding CNG to SX4.
I will go with SX4 , it will return you good mileage and it already got good GC.
Also you will get a good second hand SX4 at lower price than city.

Oh sorry I did not read it properly. If used is the case,then SX4 makes more sense.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

you should first check the prices of sx4 and city with a second hand car dealer. same year and not so much difference in kilometers between the two if possible.

post it here along with the fitment charges of CNG on both the cars and then i think all will be able to help you choosing the best deal.

friends which one should I go for out of the two
am planning to purchase a second hand and will get CNG fitted.

all suggestions and expierences are welcomed [:D]
The cost of used SX4 will be cheaper in NCR than that of used City (of same month/year). SX4 is a strongly built car with higher GC. But City has better brand recognition.

Please share the CNG kit installation charges for both.

Cheers,
Anshuman

My suggestion would be SX4 for 3 reasons :

1. A pre-owned SX4 can be had cheaper, much cheaper than City.
2. SX4 has very good ground clearance and rear suspension doesn't sag/bounce at all so can easily maintain almost same GC with the CNG cylinder in boot.
3. Heard somewhere that City can work with sequential kits only.

freakdude.

Buddy, SX4 is one car from MS stable that is not cheaply built. Be it sheet quality, dashboard quality, suspension, awesome GC and 16" as OEM(ZXi).

freakdude.
Yes I agree,sx4,kizashi and G.v are nicely built but city still has better built. Yes that's still not enough to buy it. But sx4's dashboard is still cheap IMO.

Yes I agree,sx4,kizashi and G.v are nicely built but city still has better built. Yes that's still not enough to buy it. But sx4's dashboard is still cheap IMO.
Absolutely, City has better built than SX4. My statement was more of towards SX4's build as compared to other products from MS [:)]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #15
guys i have always got good suggestions from you. thanks again for pitching in

what if I introduce toyota corolla into picture how does that perform with CNG

do you need a sequential kit for that 1.8 beast.

someone mentioned sequential kits for Honda
i think to some extent he is correct

can I fix normal kit in SX4
that saves me around 30k

I just saw toyota corrolla , 2004 model fully loaded clean car
got a deal for 3.15lac
my family doesn't agree considering resale and performance of corolla compared to City and SX4

and yes am looking for second hand car

running would be close to 1000kms a month or maybe 1500kms

Top Bottom