Maruti Ritz Diesel OR Tata Vista Quadrajet?

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I am looking for my first car and considering my daily kilometers (around 40) I am thinking to go for a diesel.
I am also looking for a slightly spacious car with average boot space.

Current offers on Ritz (around 25K) and price drop in tata means that a vista would be at leat 50K-60K cheaper than ritz.

I have no experience with vista build quality, after sales and service, and driving pleasure, driving dynamics and resale value in approx 3 years.

I would request for guidance on which car to buy out of these two or any other suggestion.

I am looking for a hatchback. I was seriously considering ecosport but it appears that ford wants to just build expectations.

Thanks.
Regards

Re: Ritz Diesel or vista quadrajet

What are other factors important for you?

Features -- what is the minimum requirement?
Resale -- ownership span?
Service -- ok to deal with service quality, reputation and availability issues?
Other -- space, ground clearance, feel factor etc

I assume you are considering Vista Quadrajet version.

Hemant

Thread Starter #3

What are other factors important for you?

Features -- what is the minimum requirement?
Resale -- ownership span?
Service -- ok to deal with service quality, reputation and availability issues?
Other -- space, ground clearance, feel factor etc

I assume you are considering Vista Quadrajet version.

Hemant
Features - Standard features, possibly ABS since I would like to make out of Bangalore trips.

ownership - I am looking to own for about 3 years before going for a SUV later. The car will be used primarily to travel to my kid's school and my wife (possibly driven by a driver)

Service - I would prefer less hassles in this area. I have been hearing some issues with tata service. i.e. delays, extra charges etc.

Other - space should be good for 2 adults and one child in the rear. We found vista quadrajet's space to be as good as a sedan. decent ground clearence. Feel factor is not that important. Since this will be more of a people mover with occasional highway drives.

thanks.

I dont think it there will be a 50 K price difference after the price drop. Last time i checked, the top end tata vista costed 30 k more than ritz zdi. I would still go with maruti for just the peace of mind

Re: Ritz Diesel or Vista Quadrajet

If peace of mind is what you are looking for, then nothing better than Maruti.
Because with TATA you will have your own share of luck. Because they are not consistent across the country.

Yes, I think Ritz ticks most of the boxes except space out of you requirement and by quite some distance.

If there isn't any room for an outside choice I would suggest go for Ritz (VDi I suppose).

Well tata has been improving and experience differs from one dealer to other and city to city.
Test drive vista and ritz and see which one ticks your boxes the most.Yes as all suggested ritz does with maruti ass .

I suggest Ritz.
Looks are subjective, to me Ritz appeals pleasing than the old school Indica look from Vista.

Both are good, but I vote for Vista for its VFM package and built quality[:)]
I like the honesty in your posts [clap]

Yes, TATAs have come a long way from Indica days and Vista is a much refined product from their stable. No body can beat the interior space it offers and it has got amazing ride quality. Aptly tuned suspension for Indian roads. However, individual preferences differ. Hence, please take a thorough test drive of both the vehicles with your family and then decide. Taking a test drive with your family is important because at the end of day they are the one who are going to use rear bench the most. Hence, their view point does matter!

I like the honesty in your posts [clap]

Yes, TATAs have come a long way from Indica days and Vista is a much refined product from their stable. No body can beat the interior space it offers and it has got amazing ride quality. Aptly tuned suspension for Indian roads. However, individual preferences differ. Hence, please take a thorough test drive of both the vehicles with your family and then decide. Taking a test drive with your family is important because at the end of day they are the one who are going to use rear bench the most. Hence, their view point does matter!
Thank you carfreak for your comments, I can suggest Ritz, but still when my BIL was buying a hatch back last year, I suggested Vista as it comes with many features a VX model(OTR 6.48L) was a VFM with ABS,integrated music system, seat adjustments, more space than Ritz and yes very important is the comfort of rear bench which is more in Vista. We have realised this when my family traveled in both the cars back to back where Ritz was bit bumpy to them in corners and while sudden braking.

Rear bench comfort is a important point always where we tend to ignore it as we most of the times take TD alone and every thing looks ok from front driving seat always. Next is the safety with that strong built quality of Vista and also Punto better than Ritz. Only thing is Punto rear seats are bit cramped comparing to Vista which is true Sedan class.

Ritz comes with puny 165 sections except ZDI and Vista comes with 175 sections and some good tyre make(BS for my BIL Vista) and Maruti with JK which are useless and gives you more body roll and less grip on road. Even due to tall boy design Ritz gives you more body roll than Vista.

So all these reasons made me to suggest Vista, finally we should accept a good as good and bad as bad and suggest the best for others(I am quite against praising my own ride always when better things are available in the segment)[:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom