Please Suggest SUV / MUV Within 15L!

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI,ans,
Today was a sad day for us here since my dad sold the Civic 1.8V AT - 2011 model as he had decided to upgrade to a SUV/MUV, since he wasn't happy with the GC of the Civic considering the bad roads in Bangalore. [cry]
The budget set by my dad is 15L all inclusive. My dad is ok with MT this time. Please suggest good options in this range, Looking for a VFM product with all benefits like - good availability of spares, decent/good after sales service. I am confused since there are a lot of options i have shortlisted in various ranges. The options shortlisted are : Ertiga/Duster/XUV500/Scorpio/Xylo/Storme.
Hoping to hear from you all soon.

Re: Please suggest a SUV/MUV within 15L!

Since you have a budget of 15 L, i think you should go for either Safari Storme VX or XUV500 W8. Not sure about the exact price of these SUVs in Bangalore, if the cost of these two variants is more than 15l then you can choose Strome EX or XUV500 W6. Both SUVs have their on USP. For more information you can look into the thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ata-storme-vs-mahindra-xuv5oo-one-choose.html

@Varun

considering the high tax structure of Bangalore, I suggest

Absolute peace of mind to your father : Ertiga
Exciting features plus some niggles : XUV 500
Less features and no niggles : Storme
Car like SUV : Duster
Fresh chicken : Ecosport

If he is ok, with Sedan, try the Manza clubclass with recent price revision and buy back scheme

Why not go for Aria than Safari if your budget is 15L. I believe it's the only crossover available in India. The luxury of a Sedan with robustness of an SUV! One damn machine produced by TATA but being killed by poor marketing. I recommend to take a TD.

I wont really recommend the comparatively smaller Ertiga and Duster at this price point.

Any reasons you have not included the Innova? If you want a no-nonsense people mover with the best reliability and after sales service, go for the Innova. You lose out on performance but it is very comfortable and spacious. Being a Toyota, it comes with good resale value as well.

If you want something more exciting, go for the XUV5OO. It is loaded with features and the performance is the best in the segment. The ride quality is not uncomfortable, but it is not as good as the Innova and I believe, the Storme. But I personally feel the cabin of the XUV is the best in the segment. Dont worry about the niggles too much... in most cases, they are overhyped. So if you really want to know about the XUV, read actual ownership reports in here, you will get a clear picture.

I have not driven the Storme yet, but from test drive reports I have heard its a great car. The ride quality and comfort in the middle row seems to be USP of the car. Of course, if you are buying the base LX variant, it is great value for money and is highly recommended. Buying the top end VX does not really make sense to me as it is priced way closer to the XUV and Innova which I personally feel are better products. Since you had a 5 seater Civic before and you are buying an SUV/MUV only for it's ground clearance, I dont think the terrible jump seats in the boot of the Storme will bother you as I think you will rarely use it.

So, my choice would be as follows :

Reliability and service - Innova
Performance and feaures - XUV
4x4 and ride quality - Storme

@ thegreatv

Shall I suggest something ?

First go and test drive every SUV / MUV in 15 lakh category , see which fits your family's requirements perfectly . Chances are you might already select one . Incase you get confused like say in 2 SUVs / MUV's in all the options you test drove , Come and report here then we will try and discuss to find which one can suit your requirements the most .

Thread Starter #7

Since you have a budget of 15 L, i think you should go for either Safari Storme VX or XUV500 W8. Not sure about the exact price of these SUVs in Bangalore, if the cost of these two variants is more than 15l then you can choose Strome EX or XUV500 W6. Both SUVs have their on USP. For more information you can look into the thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ata-storme-vs-mahindra-xuv5oo-one-choose.html
I am not sure of the exact prices in Bangalore, so planning to visit the showrooms of Tata and M&M one of these days to get the exact prices and discounts offered.

@Varun

considering the high tax structure of Bangalore, I suggest

Absolute peace of mind to your father : Ertiga
Exciting features plus some niggles : XUV 500
Less features and no niggles : Storme
Car like SUV : Duster
Fresh chicken : Ecosport

If he is ok, with Sedan, try the Manza clubclass with recent price revision and buy back scheme
Gurrala Sir! Yes i have shortlisted all these options. My dad will be the one deciding since he will be driving that car around. Personally for me it is a close call between ertiga, XUV500 and Safari Storme. May consider the Innova too as mentioned by someone here.

Thread Starter #8

Why not go for Aria than Safari if your budget is 15L. I believe it's the only crossover available in India. The luxury of a Sedan with robustness of an SUV! One damn machine produced by TATA but being killed by poor marketing. I recommend to take a TD.
Ok. We shall take a TD of the Aria too. Personally i never liked the design of the car, but yes the features are very good! Thank you for suggesting. [:)]

I wont really recommend the comparatively smaller Ertiga and Duster at this price point.

Any reasons you have not included the Innova? If you want a no-nonsense people mover with the best reliability and after sales service, go for the Innova. You lose out on performance but it is very comfortable and spacious. Being a Toyota, it comes with good resale value as well.

If you want something more exciting, go for the XUV5OO. It is loaded with features and the performance is the best in the segment. The ride quality is not uncomfortable, but it is not as good as the Innova and I believe, the Storme. But I personally feel the cabin of the XUV is the best in the segment. Dont worry about the niggles too much... in most cases, they are overhyped. So if you really want to know about the XUV, read actual ownership reports in here, you will get a clear picture.

I have not driven the Storme yet, but from test drive reports I have heard its a great car. The ride quality and comfort in the middle row seems to be USP of the car. Of course, if you are buying the base LX variant, it is great value for money and is highly recommended. Buying the top end VX does not really make sense to me as it is priced way closer to the XUV and Innova which I personally feel are better products. Since you had a 5 seater Civic before and you are buying an SUV/MUV only for it's ground clearance, I dont think the terrible jump seats in the boot of the Storme will bother you as I think you will rarely use it.

So, my choice would be as follows :

Reliability and service - Innova
Performance and feaures - XUV
4x4 and ride quality - Storme
Thank you for your suggestion of the Innova, Raj! [:)]
It had completely slipped out of my mind. Will be considering that car too. Personally for us too, the duster is not an option in this price range so we may not consider it. I will be visiting all the showrooms and getting the exact on road prices and discounts soon. Lets see what happens.

@ thegreatv

Shall I suggest something ?

First go and test drive every SUV / MUV in 15 lakh category , see which fits your family's requirements perfectly . Chances are you might already select one . Incase you get confused like say in 2 SUVs / MUV's in all the options you test drove , Come and report here then we will try and discuss to find which one can suit your requirements the most .
Yes Raja the same thought - taking a TD of all the vehicles in this range ran through my head. I think this is the best option instead of simply eliminating vehicles. Thank you! [:)]

Top Bottom