New Ritz Petrol Vs Diesel Comparison

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I decided to go for New Ritz top model, but confused to go for Petrol OR Diesel variant. Some people suggests me to go for Petrol and some votes for Diesel.

I am really confused which one to choose :(, me bad in decision making.

So here i opened fresh and final thread to decide finally!.

My monthly running would be somewhere around 700 to 800 kms (in which 700 kms is on the highway), I am planning to keep the vehicle for a minimum period of 5-6 years.

-1- Whats the Pros and Cons in Ritz Petrol Vs Diesel variant.
-2- Whats the mileage difference between Ritz Petrol Vs Diesel variant.

Kindly requests expert to suggest me the best one. I am planning to book it this weekend!. Once again thanks for everyone being so kind with your suggestions in this forum

Thanks,
Udaa

Thread Starter #2
hmm any advises please :(

Missed Point#3 - How about the resale value for Ritz Petrol Vs Ritz Diesel.

Last edited:
I think so suggestions are already being given by many to you on other thread. Still I would suggest you to go with petrol. But if you have money go for diesel.

Just 700-800 kms per month? Just blindly go for the petrol version.

Dont trust me? Here's the calculation:

Petrol ZXi= 5.37 lakh ex-showroom.
Diesel ZDi= 6.44 lakh ex-showroom.

That's a price difference of approximately Rs one lakh.

ZXi = 15 kmpl on highway.
ZDi = 18 kmpl on highway.
(Give or take a kmpl or two in each case)

So you shall be paying Rs one lakh for getting approximately 3 kmpl more.

Petrol = Rs 72/litre
Diesel = Rs 52/litre

At 800 kms/month, you shall be consuming:
Petrol = 800/15 = 53.33 litres per month;&
Diesel = 800/18 = 44.44 litres per month.

i.e. your monthly expenditure on fuel will be:

Petrol = 53.33 x 72 = Rs 3840
Diesel = 44.44 x 52 = Rs 2311

So you will be saving Rs 1529 per month if you buy ZDI.

But remember, you will be paying Rs one lakh more if you buy the ZDI.

Therefore, time taken to recover Rs one lakh shall be:
100000/1529 = 65 months = 5.4 years!!

By that time you will be bored of your car/your car would get bored of you, and you would want to sell it (without having recovered your initial one lakh rupees)!

Similarly, the time taken to recover initial investment of Rs one lakh, even after assuming that petrol price increases to Rs 80, Rs 90, and Rs. 100 per litre while diesel price remains the same shall be:

@ Rs 80/litre = 4.3 years
@ Rs 90/litre = 3.34 years
@ Rs 100/litre = 3 years

On the other hand, you can buy 1389 litres of petrol for Rs 100000 that will take you to another 21000 kms.

Even if someone tells you that the Ritz diesel will give you 23 kmpl on the highway, it will still take you more than four years to break even.

And we haven't even considered the slightly higher costs of servicing and maintainence of a diesel car over those of a petrol car.

Maths is a good thing no?:)

Go for petrol. Enjoy the smoothness and creamy refinement of the K12B engine -it's one of the best petrol 1.2s in the country.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5
Wow! thanks @Sam Dinkar for the detailed advise, one thing to ask here, you did not consider about the resale value between Petrol Vs Diesel? Would there any much difference between Petrol Vs Diesel on the re-sale?

Wow! thanks @Sam Dinkar for the detailed advise, one thing to ask here, you did not consider about the resale value between Petrol Vs Diesel? Would there any much difference between Petrol Vs Diesel on the re-sale?
Marutis have good resale value, petrol or diesel. And you need not worry about resale - even if Petrol depreciates heavily, the differential margin during resale would certainly be lesser than Rs one lakh (the amount which you will pay extra over petrol model while making the purchase).

Take my advice, just dont bother about anything and go and buy a ZXi. You can thank TAI later.

Ritz D will have better resale over Ritz P in future.
However as per above post Maruti cars have better resale than other brands.

By the way what is the exact price diff between Ritz Zxi an Zdi in Chennai after all discounts.

Make sure you get a 2013 model.

Thread Starter #8
Ritz D will have better resale over Ritz P in future.
However as per above post Maruti cars have better resale than other brands.

By the way what is the exact price diff between Ritz Zxi an Zdi in Chennai after all discounts.

Make sure you get a 2013 model.
Okay sure, I will get 2013 model for sure.

1.22 Lacs is the difference between Zxi and Zdi...

Oh Diesel gives more re-sale value hmm..

Thanks,
Udaa

according to sam u will save 1529 per month . but remember you have to pay 1700 more in EMI. plus more maintenance. so call is yours. I would say dont worry about resale much and enjoy the ride.

Hi

Absolutely agree to Sam

700/800 KMs do not warrant a diesel mill...

The break even point is about 1200 / 1300 kms per year to go for a Diesel

The fun to drive factor, the smoothness, the refinement is something that Diesel just cannot give you

Also resale is anyway OK for all MS products, dont worry too much about it

First Buy the car and Enjoy - Later think about selling- - Much Much Later - Dont Lose this Moment [:)]

Okay sure, I will get 2013 model for sure.

1.22 Lacs is the difference between Zxi and Zdi...

Oh Diesel gives more re-sale value hmm..

Thanks,
Udaa

Hi Udaa 1.22L is too much difference between Zxi and Zdi, when I bought my Tata Manza the diff was around 0.95L.

800km per month is too less for a diesel car to cover, I would suggest you to stick to Zxi.

Thanks,
Anshuman

Thread Starter #14
Thanks once again friends for the valuable suggestions, today I have booked Ritz zxi silky silver.

One more suggestion, which color suits best for new ritz? Any thoughts please.

Thanks,
Udaa

Top Bottom